Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com and budgetbytes.com
  • jstewa40
    jstewa40 Posts: 27
    Options
    Peanut butter toast w/ bananas

1 teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter
    1 slice toast made with whole wheat bread (read ingredients to make sure it does not say enriched flour or high fructose corn syrup)
    1/2 of a banana, sliced

Spread peanut butter on toast
    add sliced banana pieces
    Enjoy!

Approx 164 calories (brands of ingredients may vary calorie amount)

* Goes great with 1/2 cup scrambled egg beaters and a pinch of low fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I sense a plateau in the OP's future.....
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Portobello mushroom anything. I make pizzas using portobellos, clean out the gills, brush with olive oil and bake, then take it out and fill with sauce, cheese and any topping. Also:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/portobello-mushroom-burgers/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

I only use half the roll and top with sauteed mushrooms, red bell peppers, onion, etc. Note, the calories that are listed on the site does not include the roll.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Also, low fat products tend to have less calories. I do think they have more sodium though. So I guess it is all in what YOU want to have more of in your diet. I choose to have less fat, and to do the low sodium option of other items when possible such as:nuts, beans, etc. Please, no more questioning my intentions as I created this topic with only the best of intentions. Please only post low calorie and/or low fat recipes under this topic. No one has to post or look at this topic if they do not like it... As for me, I will continue to look at all of the topics to get ideas. I just hate having to weed through all the cake and other goodies is all, which is why I created this topic. I hope that at least some people can understand where I am coming from and what I meant by HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS recipes/pictures. I look forward to seeing more recipes here... :)

1. People are trying to help you is all.

2. Other people reading this may buy into your "fat is bad" philosophy, so it goes beyond you. This is a public forum.

3. You continue to actively promote low fat as HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS recipes. That's just not the case. I will kill my calorie count 1,000 X faster with spaghetti and plain marinara than I would with eggs, cheese and a serving of bacon.
  • jstewa40
    Options

No biggy as plateau only = exercise more :)
  • jstewa40
    Options
    Also, low fat products tend to have less calories. I do think they have more sodium though. So I guess it is all in what YOU want to have more of in your diet. I choose to have less fat, and to do the low sodium option of other items when possible such as:nuts, beans, etc. Please, no more questioning my intentions as I created this topic with only the best of intentions. Please only post low calorie and/or low fat recipes under this topic. No one has to post or look at this topic if they do not like it... As for me, I will continue to look at all of the topics to get ideas. I just hate having to weed through all the cake and other goodies is all, which is why I created this topic. I hope that at least some people can understand where I am coming from and what I meant by HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS recipes/pictures. I look forward to seeing more recipes here... :)

2. Other people reading this may buy into your "fat is bad" philosophy, so it goes beyond you. This is a public forum.

3. You continue to actively promote low fat as HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS recipes. That's just not the case. I will kill my calorie count 1,000 X faster with spaghetti and plain marinara than I would with eggs, cheese and a serving of bacon.

Can this topic be deleted? I am done. My low fat and/or low calorie philosophy of eating healthy foods is a whole lot better than eating bacon wrapped snickers bars as someone mentioned above... I just wanted a topic without the junk food is all... I am so sorry I ever made the topic.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Snickers bar wrapped in bacon. Sounds bad for you but seriously, it's probably only 300-350 calories depending on how much bacon you use. The term "diet" is completely subjective.

tumblr_m70jvwl4MO1rzapx4o1_400.gif
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options

Incorrect. Thank you for proving my point. Once again, open your mind. You might just learn something.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Can this topic be deleted? I am done. My low fat and/or low calorie philosophy of eating healthy foods is a whole lot better than eating bacon wrapped snickers bars as someone mentioned above... I just wanted a topic without the junk food is all... I am so sorry I ever made the topic.

That's not the point most people are trying to make... The point was that eating full fat/higher calorie items is no less healthy than your approach. All you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit... THAT is literally it. It doesn't matter where the calories are coming from. EVERYTHING is ok to eat in moderation, even the bacon snickers thing...
  • PRMinx
    Options

Ok, well, I didn't post that so don't take it out on me.

I'm simply saying to you (and others here that are reading this) that a "low fat" diet is not the end all, be all for losing weight. A lot of people would be happy to know this because they don't want to give up certain foods. That is all.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Instead of getting upset, take a moment and maybe listen to what is being said. When I yo yo dieted I thought the same things you do, I believed all of that when I started back in January 2013, but luckily I listened to the people that had achieved what I was hoping to, got a better understanding of nutrition and because of that I have almost reached my goal.

Do whatever you choose to do, but there are others that may read this and they don't need to believe all the diet myths.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of topics for all the junk food and/or fattening food you can desire. Please do not post pictures of these things in this topic. It is not cute, funny, or nice. While it may be true that you can lose weight eating anything, some of us want to be healthy and thus only eat healthy foods while actively trying to lose weight. I may have a treat of some of these foods once reaching my goal weight once in awhile, in moderation but do not want them now. Let's be adults and respect this topic by only posting pictures and recipes of healthy foods. Thank you. I hope that some people can benefit from this forum topic... To each their own... Just keep it out of this topic please.

It's a public forum and as far as I see, people are adhering to the topic..just not in regards to your strict rules. If you want to control responses, you should make a group.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

tumblr_manpcrm67D1qae69do1_250.gif
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Instead of getting upset, take a moment and maybe listen to what is being said. When I yo yo dieted I thought the same things you do, I believed all of that when I started back in January 2013, but luckily I listened to the people that had achieved what I was hoping to, got a better understanding of nutrition and because of that I have almost reached my goal.

Do whatever you choose to do, but there are others that may read this and they don't need to believe all the diet myths.

Listen to her. ^^^
    Her weight counter alone should be enough to think, "Hmmm... Maybe I should listen to these people."
  • jstewa40
    Options
    I am listening to what others are saying, and I will take all of it into account, however, this topic was created for those who do want to eat healthy type food in lieu of bacon wrapped snicker candy bars. Anyone who doesn't agree could have just not came to this topic, or left it promptly. I feel like I am being attacked for creating a topic. I am in disbelief... I just want this topic deleted.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I am listening to what others are saying, and I will take all of it into account, however, this topic was created for those who do want to eat healthy type food in lieu of bacon wrapped snicker candy bars. Anyone who doesn't agree could have just not came to this topic, or left it promptly. I feel like I am being attacked for creating a topic. I am in disbelief... I just want this topic deleted.

No one is attacking you. The snickers comment was someone having a bit of fun. By getting hung up on that, you are missing the point. Healthy food is not inherently low fat, or low carb, or low protein. Food is just food.

A healthy diet on the other hand, is a balanced diet. Balancing your diet comes when you include the appropriate amount of fats, carbs and protein into your diet so that you body has the nutrients it needs to burn energy, build muscle, etc.
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options
    No one is attacking you. People are trying to educate you that you are being unnecessarily restrictive. Instead of demonizing food and labeling it as "healthy" or "unhealthy," learn from people who have been there and have had success. Learn what TDEE means. Learn what macros are and how they can affect you. Learn about maintaining the proper balance in your diet and creating habits that are sustainable for the next 10, 20, 30 years. OPEN YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!
  • jstewa40
    Options

Listen to her. ^^^
    Her weight counter alone should be enough to think, "Hmmm... Maybe I should listen to these people."

Yes, perhaps she is correct, however, that is not what this topic was created for. I realize that you can lose weight eating nothing but hot dogs, however it is not a very healthy thing to do... Again, I just wanted a topic where there wouldn't be any junk food or other foods that are not good for you. I don't get how everyone is arguing with me and telling me I am wrong for wanting to only eat healthy foods. I really am quite surprised that I am getting all of this negativity for creating this topic... Just post recipes that are low in calories and aren't full of nothing but sugar... That is all I was asking for... All of these posts telling me I am wrong is not needed. Thank you.