• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Fake bland no taste yucky
    2akk2ky.jpg
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Gluten free baked goods :sad: Thought I was getting a pc of carrot cake and it fell to pieces when I cut it. It was grainy and horrible in my mouth. Very sad because I want sweets

Now I have a hippy type GF shop right down the street. Something tells me I wont stay at goal weight for long :tongue:
  • Pookerz
    Pookerz Posts: 10
    Options
    Silk "yogurt".

I imagine if an STD had a taste, it would taste like Silk Yogurt.
  • karanicole80
    Options
    Quest Peanut butter cups, GROSS!!!! couldn't get ride of that weird after taste for an hour after I had one. I took the open package ( it came with two in a package) and returned it. With the same amount of calories, I will have the real one.....

Ohhhh, those were so disappointing. The first pack I ever bought, I thought I must have gotten a bad pack. Nope, they're just that terrible!

And stuffed mushrooms. They look SO good, but taste like stuffed slime balls. I always think I'll like things with mushrooms, but alas, they're not for me :sick:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Pretzel Bun burger :sick:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Steak and kidney pie. Golden flaky crust, rich beefy gravy interior, I was just about to bite down and got a whiff. Turns out the scent of urine is just a no go for me. The jaws clamped shut. I have never thrown away something so pretty and delicious looking without tasting it. But I just couldn't do it.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Fondant!

Not nearly as tasty as it looks. Cake boss be damned the stuff is gross.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Papaya... Seriously disgusting. Someone told me I had to bury the *kitten* for a couple days for it to taste right, wtf?!
    I can't do cinnamon, which is a bummer because I love all the things that typically incorporate it lol. Vegan chocolate chips were totally misleading. I have PTSD from that experience. And I may get publicly flogged for this one, but bacon jerky. Nope. Not gonna do it.

How could I forget papaya. Disgusting is right.
    Papaya like persimmons only taste sweet when they look revoltingly rotten. Otherwise they taste soapy.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Quinoa :( so good for you, I wanted to love it... I keep trying it, and disliking it
    Even if it says washed, wash it again. It is covered with saponin which is natural soap. Boil it up in chicken broth. If you still don't like it then hey, you gave it your best:)
  • ihadabadidea
    ihadabadidea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I remember many years ago my mom and I made Salad Nicoise using Julia Child's recipe. Despite pretty normal ingredients (tuna, egg, anchovy, lettuce, etc.) it somehow ended up tasting exactly like how a home permanent smells. It made me cringe any time the salad was mentioned while reading "Layer Cake."
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Silk "yogurt".

I imagine if an STD had a taste, it would taste like Silk Yogurt.

This made me LOL so hard!
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My work had store-bought sugar cookies and I took a couple to take before Spin and BodyPump. I tend to eat stuff without processed or added sugar. I never had a sweet-tooth, just a 8000-calories-a-day-tooth lol Had M&Ms and everything.

Absolutely disgusting. I was actually surprised it was that bad. I have a few more at home I'm just going to probably throw out. They are 90 calories each so they are great for a quick sugar-fix before a 1-hour-workout but I can't bring myself to eat a cookie again. Give me my Larabar or Bonk Breaker any day of the week!
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    The strawberry cheesecake I made with cauliflower.

The cauliflower crust pizza I made was great, so I thought, "How bad could a cheesecake be?" How bad was it? It was bad. It was very bad. It was so bad that when the raccoons got into the garbage pail in my backyard, they ate everything but the cheesecake. They left it on the patio. Untouched. Even a rainstorm couldn't break down this thing's molecular structure. But it did look great when I took it out of the oven! Another culinary adventure goes awry: two hours of prep/baking followed by the two-second dash to get it out of the house. Please feel free to send me a message if you want the recipe...

PS-- If you ever encounter the recipe for Sweet Cauliflower Waffles, you may want to steer clear. The smell was a cross between burned tranny fluid and salami (and it took 4 hours to clean the waffle iron).
    LMAO!! I did have some cauliflower tabouli at whole foods last wk and it was tasty.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice...I gagged. Just Ughhhhh....and I generally like cauliflower!

Coconut milk yogurt. Tastes like congealed water or I don't even know what.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Fondant!

The best you can say about fondant is that it is edible...but only in the legal sense!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    "mashed" cauliflower... the texture. :frown: :sad:
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sashimi, pretty but yuk! the only thing worse than it is wasabi, vile. I do like sushi but these two things no no no!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Fondant!

not to mention the fact that they use their bare hands when they mold that stuff. yuck
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts they smell sooooo good but they taste cabbage (which is gross)

Garlic infused Olives-My grocery store has an olive bar and my mouth will start drooling when I smell these but I bought someone time and they just taste like olives which I don't really like by themselves. Sometimes I chop them up and put them in spaghetti.

Agreed about Mashed cauliflower-no no no no. It does not taste or feel like mashed potatoes.

As for hummus, I love it. Try making it on your own but leave out the tahini at first. I use to put only garbanzo beans, roasted garlic, lemon and olive oil in mine. Then I slowly started adding tahini in to get use to the flavor. Now I love Sabre Roasted Garlic Hummus....it is soo good.

As for MEXICAN FOOD!!??!?!, how can you not like a whole genre of food? Mexican food is so diverse and delicious. What kinds of Mexican food have you tried?