going to lunch at Wendy's what would you order and why?

Options
123457»

Replies

• elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same thing I get just about every week night before I go to bed. Small chili. nothing else.

Back in the days before I started caring about what I ate I usually got a double and nuggets. Pepsi from somewhere else because I hate coke.
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you're in Canada, poutine. It's delish.

If you're not in Canada, tell the Wendy's where you are to get poutine - because it's delish.

What!? Wendy's has poutine?!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat there, I always get a baked potato and a small chili with cheese. Pour chili over potato and proceed to nom.
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options
    The Wendy's 10-piece nuggets fits my macros pretty well.

Wendy's has nugz? Since when?

Dude, sarcasm? Because I was getting nuggets from Wendys in 1998...LOL
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options
    Baconator, med fries and a diet coke. I used to dislike Wendys, but now? Yum.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    This was my favorite Wendy's meal (T-Rex Burger):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1030764-t-rex-burger-iifym-success-story

140vzw3.jpg

I got the idea from Furious Pete:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9siiNyl9U
    Note his calorie count was different due to condiment selection
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    And to answer your question: anything you like that is within your daily calorie limit.

I personally enjoy spicy chicken nuggets and/or a Jr Bacon cheeseburger.
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I always order the spicy chicken combo, and usually swap the fries for chili. Yummy, not too high in calories — ~750, if you get water or diet soda — and fits my macros well.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Whatever the heck you want. If you go over one day, it's not going to kill you. :laugh:

Last time I had Wendy's I had 2 of the grilled chicken wraps (minus the honey mustard) and a small frosty. Next time I'll keep the honey mustard and skip the cheese. Same cals and the protein in the tiny amount of cheese they use isn't worth it for the lack of flavor it provides.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    haven't been in over 25 years, but a chocolate frosty and fries...I used to LOVE dunking my fries in the frosty and gobbling them up!

YES! Fries in the frosty is seriously one of my biggest obsessions. And since I have been saving my over times for other things I haven't had it in a long time...might change that tomorrow! :smokin:
  • fpsmoto
    fpsmoto Posts: 31
    Options
    Sour Cream and Chives Baked Potato (plus margarine)
    Small Chili with Cheese (plus 1 packet of crackers)
    Med Unsweetened Iced Tea (plus 1 sugar packet)

This combination is surprisingly filling and inexpensive and although the potato is full of carbs, the chili has a considerable amount of veggies and both are quite tasty. I'd only suggest to go with a baked potato around their busy times though because getting an old potato that's sat under heat lamp for an hour is no good.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Strawberry fields salad or the chili. Because they are tasty and the cals are really reasonable.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I love Wendys salads - the one with the strawberries and chicken. Yum

I second this. If I was going for a cheat meal, it would not be Wendy's. However, I do love the strawberry/chicken salad and the apple pecan salad. I sometimes even have one of the pomegranate dressings as they aren't horrible if you account for the extras in them. But, they are so good, I sometimes don't use any dressings at all. Love them - that is what I would have.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'd have to be extremely hungry with no other options nearby or within a reasonable amount of time, but if I did I'd get a bacinator or their double with cheese.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ultimate Chicken Grill + side salad with lite italian dressing. 460 calories I think.
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    any of their salads. If I go to fast food, I usually order the burger or grilled chicken w/bacon, avocado, and all the fixins, and throw the bun away. Stay away from the fries, the oil they fry them in is really high in trans fat.