Any girls with fat thighs have success stories?

Options

Replies

• katnc81
    katnc81 Posts: 2
    Options
    BTW- I am recovering from having my thyroid removed due to cancer, so I am permanently hypothyroid... despite this, my body is still shaping with weights, even though I haven't seen weight loss yet.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is so pic heavy but I wanted to give good visual examples. It takes time for the shape of your thighs to change with diet alone. You will get a better shape earlier from working out but since I was unable to do this I figured I would provide a diet only example of what could be done. So it was rather hard to find a picture that showed my thighs from before. I had a bad habit of deleting any shots that had more than waist up but even in this knees up shot I think you can tell I had fairly sizable thighs. I was about 218.

gracevisit.jpg

This picture is about 55lbs down and you can see the shape of my thighs hasn't changed much.

picsfromcamera066_zps308a825d.jpg

Forgive the suggestiveness of this shot but it is a fairly clear look at my thighs after the weight loss without the aid of good jeans. I am about 118 in this shot.

f38bb09a-9a32-4101-9386-fc71f7126128_zps43aa2a84.jpg

And here is full shot with the aid of good jeans

P1000701552x1024_zps1f213fef.jpg

Just by losing the weight they will drop eventually but it took the majority of my weight being gone before the shape of them began to change.
  • Nicoladavo07
    Nicoladavo07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is so pic heavy but I wanted to give good visual examples. It takes time for the shape of your thighs to change with diet alone. You will get a better shape earlier from working out but since I was unable to do this I figured I would provide a diet only example of what could be done. So it was rather hard to find a picture that showed my thighs from before. I had a bad habit of deleting any shots that had more than waist up but even in this knees up shot I think you can tell I had fairly sizable thighs. I was about 218.

gracevisit.jpg

This picture is about 55lbs down and you can see the shape of my thighs hasn't changed much.

picsfromcamera066_zps308a825d.jpg

Forgive the suggestiveness of this shot but it is a fairly clear look at my thighs after the weight loss without the aid of good jeans. I am about 118 in this shot.

f38bb09a-9a32-4101-9386-fc71f7126128_zps43aa2a84.jpg

And here is full shot with the aid of good jeans

P1000701552x1024_zps1f213fef.jpg

Just by losing the weight they will drop eventually but it took the majority of my weight being gone before the shape of them began to change.

wow you look great! but i think the shape of your thighs still look the same. you look like a much smaller hourglass/pear shape.

great job on the weight loss !
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lose body fat in general, and start lifting weights. Choose a great beginning strength training program and follow it. You'll be pleased with the results.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

Agreed!
    Lifting/strength training in general have helped me so, so much with toning my legs!
    I'm pear shaped, too and I've always had problems with fat on my hips especially and nothing would really help (I play football, I used to run A LOT and I use the elliptical on a regular basis).

I started lifting a few months ago & my legs have improved so much in the meantime. I squat, I do lunges, leg press & deadlift and I go as heavy as possible. Don't be afraid to hit those heavy weights!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It could be your brain not being caught up to a degree too. I say this because when I look at my legs (thinghs and calves) I feel like they are still stocky... muscular, but stocky. My daughter came home the other evening and I was in my night shirt. I had come out of my room for only a moment and hadn't bothered to toss my night pants on. The next morning she told me I needed to show her what I did to get my legs so small. I responded they aren't and she told me they are sticks, not just twigs but sticks that are perfect in balance to my new body and very defined. I still don't see it. Your brain may still be playing tricks on you.
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My upper thighs are sharing because I walk. Walking burns fat and tones. You can also do leg lifts and scissors, lying on your back. Hope this helps
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I CARRY MOST OF MY WEIGHT IN MY BOTTOM AND HIPS AND THIGHS EVEN SO I HAVE A WAIST EVEN WHEN I WAS 120# I STILL HAD SADDLE BAGS IVE LOST 24# SO FAR AND NEED TO WORK THAT AREA MORE IVE JUST STARTED A WALKING PROGRAM. THE ABOVE PICS ARE AWESOME. NICE JOB. THEY GAVE ME INSPIRATION, THANK YOU GG
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I did basic squats and lunges and a hip bridge thing with an exercise ball and my thighs slimmed down without even losing much weight but they look alot thinner.
  • ZB17
    ZB17 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been using the elliptical for a couple months and have noticed slightly more muscular thighs (on the outer part).
    Good thread!
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I haate mine
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bel8711
    bel8711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump

only because I don't have time to read thisright now and I really want to!!!!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    She seems to have the right idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPl6Pb8K4I
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    One time I managed to bounce a grape into my mouth. I felt very successful. My thighs are still fat though
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My success with my thighs is that when I was young and naive, I wanted them to be smaller. Now I realize they make me a good trail runner, sprinter, and power lifter. I've gotten away from wanting to myself weaker and less functional to focusing on making them the best thighs they can be to do awesome work for me. When I see someone with thinner thighs, I often think, "I could front squat her."

I don't know that you'll be pleased with the results of weight training. Since I started lifting heavy, my thighs got bigger. I have not gained any weight and in fact have lost 8% body fat this year but pants that fit me in the spring are now too loose in the waist and too tight in the thighs since I started a heavy program of squats, deads, and lunges. IDC though; they are 25 inches of pure awesome.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would recommend strength work, lots of squats and lunges...Goodluck
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    This website has helped me with loads of tips and strength training exercises, I don't know if it's all down to the running I have started doing but I've lost 8.5cm off my thighs in the last 3.5 weeks.

http://www.laststopfatloss.com/how-to-lose-weight-in-your-thighs

I'd have to say that running always helps me dramatically. Unfortunately, I hate to run, but if I need to really tone up my thighs in a hurry....I run. That said, a person can be a bit overweight too and look great when you have that muscle built-up underneath the fat. You may not look "lean", but having that muscle really goes a long way toward creating a nice shape on the body.

Also, typically, the first place you put the fat on, is the last place it comes off. It may do a little bit throughout the entire body, but the bulk of the fat sticks there until your body has gotten rid of it where it wants to. So many times those frustrating areas for women seem to never go away, because it's first on and last off. Meanwhile, your body is shedding fat/water weight but it's STILL in that area that you want it to be GONE from. I know, it bites...but keep on keeping on. You'll get there if you are consistent and incorporate things that your body likes to respond to.