An Embarrassing Secret...

Share something that might be a tad embarrassing for you. For instance, I am 44 yet have boxers with the minions from DESPICABLE ME as well as another pair with the NINJA TURTLES on them. No judgements please. Ha

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I sleep with the ugliest but softest most wonderful flannel and cotton blanket every night.

The same blanket I've had since my aunt gave it to me 20 years ago. It has a few holes in it now, but I'm never giving it up!
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    28 and still have trouble lighting a match:embarassed:
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    I often do not finish books I start reading. My house is full of them, bookmarked a third of the way through, next to the chair or bed where I started them. It's SO lame.
  • I sleep with the ugliest but softest most wonderful flannel and cotton blanket every night.

The same blanket I've had since my aunt gave it to me 20 years ago. It has a few holes in it now, but I'm never giving it up!

Aww. For the record that's not all that uncommon
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Share something that might be a tad embarrassing for you. For instance, I am 44 yet have boxers with the minions from DESPICABLE ME as well as another pair with the NINJA TURTLES on them. No judgements please. Ha

i bought my husband some nunja turtles shorts... he loves them! he's 33! thats not embarrassing...
  • I actually own red boxers that say down one leg "Remove Before Flight"
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    28 and still have trouble lighting a match:embarassed:

I'm no longer allowed to light a gas grill. Just because of one little unfortunate incident. And my eyelashes and eyebrows grew back eventually.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    It probably isn't that uncommon... but I'm terrified of clowns
  • I usually take my conference calls from home so I can wear no pants. I hate pants.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I have no idea how to operate my TV/Blu Ray player/etc. If my husband is not home I just don't turn it on. For me that is not an issue because we don't watch a lot of TV anyway.

I also owned my MacBook Pro for more than a year before I knew it had a DVD/CD drive. The first time someone inserted a disc into the side of my computer I just watched in amazement.
  • I have an insane fear of bridges...especially large suspension bridges like in NYC. When I was young, I watched a documentary and it showed a large bridge swaying and rippling while cars were on it. I cant remember if the bridge collapsed or not, but that picture sticks with me to this day. I can get across them but I have a minor panic attack until I'm across
  • I can't pee in a urinal with people behind me. I try and I try, I push and I push. I even give myself a mental pep talk like "come on big fella, you got this, you have accomplished way bigger things than this, you own this urinal". It just doesn't help. Very embarrassing to back away when everyone knows you didn't go and I know that all laugh at me once I leave the bathroom.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I can't pee in a urinal with people behind me. I try and I try, I push and I push. I even give myself a mental pep talk like "come on big fella, you got this, you have accomplished way bigger things than this, you own this urinal". It just doesn't help. Very embarrassing to back away when everyone knows you didn't go and I know that all laugh at me once I leave the bathroom.

lol that sucks. I can't poop in a public restroom with anyone else in there, unless I am like DYING and practically sick with diarrhea. Otherwise NOPE it is never going to happen. I used to work at an office with just one huge restroom (per gender) with like 12 stalls, and it was always occupied. A few times I told everyone I was going to our off-site storage building, then seriously drove 4 miles to a truck stop that had restrooms with secure enclosed bathroom stalls so I could use the restroom.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have a few:

- vaguely afraid of (and love) dogs
    - can't remember the alphabet unless I sing-song it
    - have had unexpected attacks of vertigo
    I can't pee in a urinal with people behind me.
    Dem feels, bro...
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    I peed my pants the first time I experienced an earthquake. The one on October 17, 1989 in San Francisco. Oh and I was 8 months pregnant at the time.
  • territhefrog
    I potty trained my son with TMNT underwear when he was 2 years old. He's 24 and I just bought him the TMNT boxers. He laughed.
    (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.....because I know someone would ask.)
  • territhefrog

My son is 24 and had TMNT boxers too. Don't worry. All men want them but won't admit it.
  • I still can't swim.

My virginity remained intact until I was 24.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    I'm 32 yrs old and I fricken love Spaghetti O's even though they're marketed towards children. Sometimes I feel quite silly buying them in the grocery store and just hope people think they're for my kids....that I don't have :tongue:

Edited to change "their" to "they're" :-)