Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every single day, about 200 calories. I am an 8th grade teacher, up at 6am, out the door at 7:15, teaching by 8:15. I get a headache if I don't eat until lunch. Mornings are super busy for me--gotta eat. I have EITHER a spinach-mango-banana smoothie (homemade), 1/2 cup plain non fat greek yogurt with 1/2 cup berries, or 2/3 cup of this fiber cereal from Trader Joe's with 1 cup berries. Maybe a piece of low fat toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Sometimes 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup berries. I love breakfast food--could eat cereal three meals a day! But I have to eat. I drink green tea throughout the day teaching also.
  • Riz72
    Riz72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Always, but that's me. I'm a hungry person so when I get up I'm usually quite hungry.

But this is what I do when I'm in a rush (which seems like always).

My usual breakfast 90% of the time consists of:

raw oats
    natural PB
    cocoa powder
    banana (maybe)
    flax seed (maybe).
    almond milk

In a day where I'm in a rush, I just blend it all together. It's a little thick because of the raw oats but still handy enough for a breakfast shake. I obviously prefer comfortably sitting down and eating but that isn't always possible.
  • helpimfalling
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day. About 200-300 calories. Either a smoothie with coconut water, fruit, and yogurt, or oatmeal with fruit in it. I workout between breakfast and lunch most days so having something to eat before working out really makes a difference to me in how quickly I get tired!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i eat 5 or 6 small meals per day, all the same size, so my breakfast is usually between 200 and 225 calories.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    You should always eat breakfast! Otherwise it slows down your metabolic rate and it becomes harder to lose weight. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, you should ALWAYS eat breakfast.
    it does not slow down your metabolic rate to eat a bit later in the day.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    100g of yogurt and 1/4 cup granola... it is just under 300call
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up starving... I also go for runs first thing in the morning, so if I do not eat a substantial breakfast, I get so hangry and tired. Anyway, I normally eat 300-450 cal for breakfast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I only eat about 15% of my daily calories at breakfast (200 calories). I just find that I am very satisfied with a cup of coffee and various small breakfast meals like fridge oats with fruit & 4 oz nonfat Greek yogurt...an egg taco on small size flour tortilla...boiled egg and toast...oatmeal with nuts & sugar free syrup...small veggie omelet...or some variation of those.

On weekends I often have a larger breakfast of 300-450 calories...crepes, pancakes or a homemade breakfast sandwich...but because I get WAY more exercise on those days it's still a very small percentage of my calories for the day...maybe 20% max.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a chobani and 1/2 banana when I first get to work. Logs about 160 calories. I eat more on the weekends because I can go for longer runs and exercise more on weekends - this morning I logged about 300 calorie breakfast with 2 eggs and even a muffn! With my increased exercise, I still came in at a calorie deficit today.
    I find if I don't eat breakfast, I'm on the hunt for pizza or burritos come lunch time :laugh:
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You should always eat breakfast! Otherwise it slows down your metabolic rate and it becomes harder to lose weight. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, you should ALWAYS eat breakfast.
    complete nonsense, meal frequency has zero bearing on metabolic rate, please refrain from spreading broscience you read in the latest women's health magazine, thanks.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    I am about to start smacking my head against the wall. You do NOT have to eat breakfast. It doesn't kickstart a dang thing. It's a myth and flat out not backed by science. Meal timing and frequency have no impact on metabolic rate. So STOP spreading this BS!

I do not eat breakfast. I was at my largest when I forced myself to have something. If I work out in the morning then I will have a small snack afterwards (usually milk and fruit) but that would be eat most days. Otherwise, I wait until later on in the day to eat. Why? Because I am physically unable to eat that early 99% of the time. The thought of food makes my stomach turn. If I force myself to eat, I feel like crud the rest of the day.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I eat shortly after waking up, whatever time I get up. So, yes.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I haven't lately. When I did eat breakfast, it was about 400 cals or so.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Usually anywhere from 25%-50%. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    No, I don't break my fast at 'breakfast' time. I do manage a cup of tea or coffee about an hour or two after I get up, but generally don't eat until closer to midday. I'm just not hungry until then.

I have been known to have a 'late breakfast' about 11am on weekends that consists of as much bacon & eggs I can fit on a plate though... :smile:
    I do not eat breakfast. I was at my largest when I forced myself to have something. If I work out in the morning then I will have a small snack afterwards (usually milk and fruit) but that would be eat most days. Otherwise, I wait until later on in the day to eat. Why? Because I am physically unable to eat that early 99% of the time. The thought of food makes my stomach turn. If I force myself to eat, I feel like crud the rest of the day.

Similar to this, I put ON weight when I forced myself to eat breakfast.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually have fruit and a multivitamin. If I'm hungrier, I'll have something more substantial, ranging from an omelet to a small salmon fillet, usually with cooked vegetables.
  • roswald78
    roswald78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually fix a Dole Shaker with low calorie juice. It helps keep me fuller until I eat lunch at work around 5 hours after I get there. I fix it right before I leave for work and sip on it while I am working. I have also fixed these with almond milk and find that satisfying as well, although the juice is more flavorful.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,405 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast... anywhere between 11am and about 1:30pm. Earlier than that I usually have coffee or tea. This meal comprises anywhere from 300-700 cals (but usually 400-600) an can be any kind of food. Breakfast food or burrito bowls or stir fries
  • hairysucker
    Options
    A banana is a big breakfast for me...

Usually just a coffe and espresso. And a glass(8oz) of juice. Oj, tomato or whatever I've bought.

I'd rather have a bigger dinner. But I'm certainly not starving myself in the morning to eat at night or anything. I'm just not generally hungry in the morning.