What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• jeremybrooks
    jeremybrooks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My shoes felt bigger.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I flex / squeeze my quads and I can actually see them move under my skin.. It's sometimes a past time for me. :laugh:
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 pounds and I thought I wouldn't be seeing results so fast !!! That was the biggest shocker.

-My shoes are too big (a little sad about that because I bought amazing shoes to compensate for not fitting into amazing clothes)
    -I'm bouncing off the walls I have so much energy.
    - I was called skinny for the first time in my life!
    - I didn't realize I would already need new clothes, I need to wear belts with all my pants now.
    - It gets uncomfortable when my cat sleeps on my belly not enough padding anymore.

Congrats on all of your huge loses! I can't imagine how good you all feel considering how good I feel with just 10 pounds gone. :smile:
  • ndrec
    ndrec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* hurts if I sit for too long. I guess it's a signal to get up and move!

+1
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My daughters are constantly telling me how happy I am. I didn't relize how miserable I was until I stopped being miserable! It feels great!!
  • Magrape2MaGreat
    Magrape2MaGreat Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's all just so sad and hateful! It's depressing to think ppl can be so mean to use cause of weight and that's always irked me coz I know lots of mean skinny folk! And the cat call thing, surprising! Good luck xxx
  • Magrape2MaGreat
    Magrape2MaGreat Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The unexpected sex drive...I know, I know...but..I have never felt better about myself being naked before! haha
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Touchy subject, but my penis is bigger. Not that it shrunk, mind you, but the weight loss has mad it all usable. Didn't know that would happen.

You know, this is definitely a thread for honesty, haha.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    My breasts enter the room first instead of my stomach! :blushing:
  • cstroh13
    Options
    I can do sit ups like it's nothing. I still have a long ways to go though. When I was in high school my brother was obsessed with exercise. We used to see who could do the most of what. I couldn't even complete one situp. Well, my grandpa and I were talking about my acheivements in losing weight and exercising and I really impressed him :) I showed him I can do 40 situps. It sounds silly, but to me it was the most amazing acheivement for me so far and I cannot wait to see what else I am capable of doing..baby steps and small goals will help me get to the BIG GOAL! :glasses: :tongue: :happy:
  • kcilucorke
    kcilucorke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -I'm always cold.
    -swimming is so much harder(less fat = less buoyant)
    -sitting on hard chairs for long periods of time can be painful
    -not craving unhealthy foods
    -being able to run long distances
    -having people call you skinny
    -being able to see ribs/hipbones/collarbones/spine
    -thinking my body is bigger than it is- like holding my arms too far away from my body
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Boy...so many! Just today I realized how my bony butt hurts sitting in my work chair all day. I feel like I get better customer service in stores.( I know that sounds crazy)...I can still feel fat in a size 4 pant, and I don't hate burpees anymore.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    After 80lbs gone, I was in denial that I wouldn't need plastic surgery...guess what? I did. And I hated how fat I felt after losing all that weight. :( After surgery though, I feel skinny now.

Biggest unexpected surprise, though? Having to move my driver seat forward A LOT. I was having shoulder pain when I drove and wondered why. I figured, "my height didn't change, why should I move my seat forward?" Shoulder pain went away when I sat closer to the steering wheel. DUH..less fat on my backside made me sit farther away. LOL
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find this later ???? really enjoying reading the Comments and can't wait till I have stuff to post on here ???? well done everyone!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I feel like I get better customer service in stores.( I know that sounds crazy)

Not crazy at all. I get better service too. 80lbs ago I was invisible in stores. Now people fall over themselves to greet me - except for that one sports store which has crap service across the board for anyone who doesn't look the part.

I get surprised by the person in the shop window when I realise that is ME.

The guys who discounted me on size alone came flocking back to see if I would be interested in them (uh, no. I have the same brain.)

Biggest, and best surprise? I've found a partner who is very active, goes caving and I CAN KEEP UP!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread nodding...

So cold at times, currently have my fleece jams on and its summer.
    Whilst on holiday doing touristy sight seeing I was surprised just how little sweating I did.
    Day to day sweating is notably absent in my usually to warm environment. I used to frequently be repeating deodorant but now no longer feel I need to.
    I can wear my engagement and eternity ring again and my wedding ring is removable.
    I too, bizarrely have noticed I keep nicking my legs when shaving.
    I no longer get spots, a problem I have had all my adult life, my skin feels different.
    When in a class, I sometimes see myself in the mirror and don't recognise myself initially, then I'm surprised how good I look.
    I hate my one none exercise day a week.
    I love food again, could talk about it all day, I am an authority on calories...
    I love shopping, I also don't feel anxious about trying stuff on, I no longer buy things because they fit.
    My old self has returned, I am confident again and no longer feel people are judging me by my weight.
    I fit in my teenage children's clothes...
    I love the feel if my legs, I don't think my legs have ever felt this muscley, I can't help but feel them...
  • rocktheboat1
    rocktheboat1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 10lbs so far (bit of a newbie/keep fluctuating) and I'm by no means the smallest I've ever been - smallest *ever* was about 9st 7lbs when I was back at uni. (Looking forward to reaching and beating that goal!). Things I've noticed so far:

- Clearer skin. Not sure if this is because of all the water I'm drinking (2l a day) or if I'm just eating a lot cleaner. I used to suffer terribly with eczema and it has completely disappeared
    - Bones I haven't seen in a while... my old friend ribcage is back again! I can feel it! Its all very exciting. I can also sort of see the outline of my hipbones which is very strange as I was a big, heavy hourglass at my heaviest and really struggle to lose weight from my hips. I've always been quite wide, and I'm not quite as wide anymore, which is nice.
    - I also have lost a shoe size, from a 6 to a 5.
    - Much more confident!
    - Much happier
    - Less tired. I used to be exhausted all the time, at my heaviest I was just into overweight territory and I could seriously tell. My body was sick of carrying around the extra weight.

All these changes have really spurred me on and I can't wait to reach my next goal!

And btw, all of you guys who have said you've experienced people treating you differently now that you're thin.. that makes me so sad.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I bruised myself on top of my hipbones! I have muscles that I didn't know existed. Can't wait for more surprises in 20 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!