30 Day Shred CHALLENGE!!! Join me!

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm TOTALLY in!!! :drinker:

I just ordered it off Amazon along with 2 Biggest Loser workouts, Power Sculpt and Cardio Max. I'll be doing P90x in the morning and the Shred in the evening. I'm gonna be a machine!!! :glasses:

Goal is 5lbs!
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    yup I'm ready... My goal is 8 lbs in 30 days! Count me in!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies! It's going to be great! (I say that now....) :tongue:
  • kisskristine
    kisskristine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I picked up the DVD from the library so I'm sure to have it while waiting for my ordered copy to arrive. My goal is like it says at the top of the case: "20 pounds in 30 days". I've recently joined MFP and have lost over 30 pounds so far with a LOT more to go. Slowly but surely I'm getting there!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am considering joining this challenge. I am just not sure that I can do the same routine every single day! :yawn: I tried to do the Slim in 6 program a couple of times, and never could make it through the whole 6 weeks - the same muscles and joints get tired, and eventually I quit.

But if you guys all think you can hang in there, maybe I will pick up the DVD and give it a shot.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hmmm, I am considering joining this challenge. I am just not sure that I can do the same routine every single day! :yawn: I tried to do the Slim in 6 program a couple of times, and never could make it through the whole 6 weeks - the same muscles and joints get tired, and eventually I quit.

But if you guys all think you can hang in there, maybe I will pick up the DVD and give it a shot.

That is a valid concern for sure! SOME is always better than NONE, right??? I was thinking the same thing, if I need a day off, better that I take one, than quit the whole thing! Come on... give it a try with us!
    :flowerforyou:
    P.S. I have a touch of adult ADHD, so if I need a break from the monotony of the DVD, I pause the disc and jog around the house tidying up, or finish with a run outside.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I figure that the DVD has 3 different levels so once I get through all 3 levels (I'm only on level 2 right now) I can alternate which level I do each day (they each work a little different muscle group). Level 1 is hard and Level 2 is definitely harder ....... whew ..... not sure what I'll think of Level 3 yet ....... Oooohhhh Myyyyyy!!!! But then on days that I have more time I will also incorporate treadmill, bicycling, elliptical, something like that with it.

BRING IT ON, JILLIAN!!!!! The Shred Challenge is on and we are READY!! :tongue:
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    Count me in!! I'm having a hard time kicking up the exercise, and I think this is exactly the challenge I need. I ordered the DVD today!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

That is a valid concern for sure! SOME is always better than NONE, right??? I was thinking the same thing, if I need a day off, better that I take one, than quit the whole thing! Come on... give it a try with us!
    P.S. I have a touch of adult ADHD, so if I need a break from the monotony of the DVD, I pause the disc and jog around the house tidying up, or finish with a run outside.

OK - you've convinced me! Off right now to order the DVD - it's only $10, right? :happy: I am also doing the pushup challenge so this should be interesting! :tongue:
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm in! I just added it to my netflix. So I should have it by the end of the week. I also added her kickboxing too. I am excited to try something out side the gym.
    Good luck everyone.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm in! I just added it to my netflix. So I should have it by the end of the week. I also added her kickboxing too. I am excited to try something out side the gym.
    Good luck everyone.

GO NETFLIX!!!:bigsmile: Have you tried the watch instantly workout videos on there? There are a few Jillian Michaels ones on there that I have done.
  • alisha123
    Options
    Sounds good about posting on Mondays.... I just ordered my DVD from target.com for $12.97.
  • momandwife
    Options
    Hey AJCM (Amanda) ......... I think Jillian should give you a kickback for all of these DVD's that are being ordered for this challenge!!

HaHa!!! :laugh:

BTW: I just finished Level 1 again - I'll do Level 2 again tomorrow just to balance things out. I am ringing wet with sweat - time to hit the shower!!
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Hey AJCM (Amanda) ......... I think Jillian should give you a kickback for all of these DVD's that are being ordered for this challenge!!

BTW: I just finished Level 1 again - I'll do Level 2 again tomorrow just to balance things out. I am ringing wet with sweat - time to hit the shower!!

Hahaha I agree..! Do you guys follow the plan like 10 days on L1, 10 days on L2, and then 10 days on L3?
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    OK, OK, after reading all the comments from you brave people, I'm convinced to give it a go. 20 minutes a day?...who can't find 20 minutes? I'm terrible with my exercise but like a challange so I'm going to give this a go. I'll hopefully find it tomorrow at Wal Mart or HMV so I'm ready to start monday. This I'm sure will help me out in the Biggest Loser Challange. :wink:
    Good Luck All!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Ladies - you've got me pumped! I'm going to break this plateau and get my butt in gear!!!

A side note about calories burned... someone wrote about only buring 150 cals for the 20 minute workout. I did it today and burned 165 cals. I know that doesn't seem like much, however because there is a mix of strenght training, your body continues to burn calories as it repairs the muscle tissue, and your metabloism stay elevated longer than with cardio alone, therefore burning more calories for the rest of the day. I hope that makes sense!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Mine came in the mail today! Less than a week until shred time!!!!!
  • momandwife
    Options

Hahaha I agree..! Do you guys follow the plan like 10 days on L1, 10 days on L2, and then 10 days on L3?

I just got mine last week - I did L1 only twice and then I tried L2 - I've been bouncing between L1 & L2 since then ....... I haven't gotten the nerve up to try L3 yet. I'll probably wait until I get a little more comfortable with L2 before I try L3. During the challenge I'm planning on bouncing between all 3 levels to reduce my boredom level and to give certain muscles a break!! :tongue:
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Guess what just came in the mail today!!! Shred! Will begin tomorrow...i am pysched...i actually took my measurements which i have never done?! Hoping to see a difference on Day 30....thanks for starting this challenge......i am sore just thinking about it!! lol
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    me and a gal at work (tina) ordered it today I hope it gets here in time we cant wait.. I will be faithful and go 7 days out of the week for 30 days! my goal : 10 lbs. (seems like ALOTTTT thoe but Ill stick to it)
    Great Idea :drinker: