New Group...Daily HEET (Healty Eaters and Exercise Team)

Options

Replies

• Buterphly
    Buterphly Posts: 112
    Options
    So I cinda fell off the wagon this weekend, but stayed under calories on saturday, not sure today, ate at my sisters house for lunch. I have been away from homa all weekend almost. We helped my mother in law move into her new appartment. (She lost the last one to a appartment fire!) then we went today to try to fix an air conditioner that went out in his sisters tralor... I am tired...so goodnight all and will someone send that wagon my way in the morning? I need back on!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! I have took my daughter to school, came back and made myself and Jacob some food, on here to see what is going on then I am off to do my exercise. My hubby said he was going to try to fix my bike yesterday but yesterday was so busy that he didn't get a chance to look at it. He said he would look at it today and I am going to hold him to it. I think I am going to get out Leslie and get busy here in a little bit. I want to exercise every day this week except Sunday, so we will see if I can get it done. That is my goal this week.

Phly- here's the wagon, come on and let's go!!!!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. This is sort of a drive-by posting as I have a ton of work to do today and really shouldn't be on here (shh...don't tell lol). I read a few posts so I wanted to respond quickly: R2L, congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work. :-) Buterphly, I have a couple of affordable fish recipes. Let me get them to you later this evening.

VT, I did! Then I was at it again last night. I made Peruvian-Style Roast Chicken. It was GREAT. The kids ate it all up. I had planned on making dinner for the entire week last night but times wasn't on my side. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up all the dishes tonight. They include glazed shrimp and brown rice, a sweet potato and yellow pea soup, chicken and veggie kabobs and turkey and sweet potato dumplings. That sounds like a lot. Maybe I'll do two dishes tonight and two tomorrow. LOL

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    This is the first time I am posting on this thead. I hope you all have a great day.
    I had and egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel flat for breakfast.
    I'm making lemon chicken tenders for lunch and american chop suey for supper.

I plan to start week 3 of c25k. I may acrually slack on it today. I'm really undecided. My dear daughter has a pretty bad cold and I don't want to get it. I'm not sure if taking it easy will help me fight it or if I should work out in case I do get it and can't work out later in the week. I have been doing so good. Today is the 24th and I have only skipped 2 days this month.

See you all later.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    This is the first time I am posting on this thead. I hope you all have a great day.

I plan to start week 3 of c25k. I may acrually slack on it today. I'm really undecided. My dear daughter has a pretty bad cold and I don't want to get it. I'm not sure if taking it easy will help me fight it or if I should work out in case I do get it and can't work out later in the week. I have been doing so good. Today is the 24th and I have only skipped 2 days this month.

See you all later.

Welcome dlaplume2!! I love this group and I hope you will too. Your food sounds great. Maybe you could share your recipes as I am looking for some new things to eat so I can have some variety so I don't get bored.
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Good Morning!

Late post for me but I needed to finish up a few things around the house that we didn't get to yesterday.

Welcome Plume! Always happy to see a new face! I LOVE the quote you have on your profile page.

Ceejay...I sure wish we lived closer together! It looks like we both enjoy cooking and I'd LOVE to spend a day in the kitchen with you!

I went over my cals yesterday and am blowing it already today. I had leftover casserole from last night for breakfast this morning (it was so darn good that's all I wanted when I woke up this morning) and am on my second Pepsi for no reason other than...I just want it. I've got to get a grip on myself!!:grumble:
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I just finished 60 minutes of walking and burned 433 calories!! I feel great and I am really doing this. To me it's still surreal but I know that I am doing it and I love the way I feel so I am not going to give up or quit this time!!
  • knottyfroggy
    Options

I went over my cals yesterday and am blowing it already today. I had leftover casserole from last night for breakfast this morning (it was so darn good that's all I wanted when I woke up this morning) and am on my second Pepsi for no reason other than...I just want it. I've got to get a grip on myself!!:grumble:

I have a very hard time on the weekends. I try to take them "off" but stay within reason. AND I believe you have to give yourself wiggle room, if you really want a pepsi, or whatever it is you crave. Otherwise, for me at least, it builds up and then I go crazy, and eat a ton of junk at once. It's better to cheat in the morning, too, because you can work it off during the day.

Anyways... I had a bad day Friday so I didn't log in and do a report. And then I usually take the weekend off from the computer.
    So, I'm back today. I had smart ones mac and cheese for brunch and we're having whole wheat pasta for dinner. I'll snack on some carrots and yogurt in between.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    I got a grip! :drinker:

I dumped the second half of the second Pepsi, just ate a hard boiled egg for lunch, got my dinner logged in, still have a few cals leftover to play with but am going to bump that up because I'm heading out to the living room to get in a few miles with Leslie!:bigsmile:
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

I dumped the second half of the second Pepsi, just ate a hard boiled egg for lunch, got my dinner logged in, still have a few cals leftover to play with but am going to bump that up because I'm heading out to the living room to get in a few miles with Leslie!:bigsmile:

good job VT!!!!!!! I can't have soda in this house or I will drink it like crazy. My fav is Dr. Pepper and good night does that stuff have the sugar. It's good that my hubby is not a soda drinker. My son Jacob does not like soda at all. My daughter Anna likes it but since we don't buy it we only have it once in awhile. I think it's good not to get my kids hooked on that stuff.
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Just did 75 minutes and got in another 5 Miles!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Man I'm SOOO glad I got off my butt and did that. I feel SOOO much better!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • VeggieTart
    Options

good job VT!!!!!!! I can't have soda in this house or I will drink it like crazy. My fav is Dr. Pepper and good night does that stuff have the sugar. It's good that my hubby is not a soda drinker. My son Jacob does not like soda at all. My daughter Anna likes it but since we don't buy it we only have it once in awhile. I think it's good not to get my kids hooked on that stuff.

Thanks R2L!!
  • Buterphly
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing good today! I am going to have broiled tilapia tonight with brown rice with veggies. I have never made fish before unless it was fried, so heres hoping it comes out good!

And welcome to those of you I have missed.

I had a verry busy morning and weekend to say the least! :grumble:
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    ****One more thing HEETers!

We have exactly 1 More Week in this month!! How strong do you want to finish the month? I'm gonna dig really hard and leave January in my dust!!:glasses:
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Froggy, sorry I missed you earlier...I swear I didn't see the post at all...like it wasn't even there and then poof...there it is. Very strange. Anyway, sorry to hear about Friday. Glad to see you back at it today!

Phly, good luck with the Fish tonight! I hope it comes out fantastic! I laughed out loud at eating your sister's house!! I've eaten a lot before but can't say as I've eaten a house!:tongue: Thankfully R2L pulled up the wagon and you jumped on!
  • Buterphly
    Options
    Froggy, sorry I missed you earlier...I swear I didn't see the post at all...like it wasn't even there and then poof...there it is. Very strange. Anyway, sorry to hear about Friday. Glad to see you back at it today!

Phly, good luck with the Fish tonight! I hope it comes out fantastic! I laughed out loud at eating your sister's house!! I've eaten a lot before but can't say as I've eaten a house!:tongue: Thankfully R2L pulled up the wagon and you jumped on!

OMG!! I was so sleepy! there were so manny things spelled wrong, and I tryied to fix it, but I was just done with the whole weekend!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

See you all later.

Welcome dlaplume2!! I love this group and I hope you will too. Your food sounds great. Maybe you could share your recipes as I am looking for some new things to eat so I can have some variety so I don't get bored.

Thank you

Here is the lemon shicken tenders recipe.
    Ingredients
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
    Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    2.In a bowl, stir together paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken pieces. Dip pieces in egg, then dredge in bread crumbs. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
    3.Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
    4.In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together sugar, lemon juice, and curry powder, stirring until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
    5.Drizzle lemon sauce over chicken, return to oven, and bake 5 minutes more.

It is my new favorite. I just love it.
    I got it from allrecipes.com
    I did have a good day. I went on my treadmill. My 16 year old is making a chocolate cake and I really don't know if I want a peice or not, How's that for progress?
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Good Morning HEETers!

Gonna need your help today!!

Old boss called me yesterday and asked if I'd come in and do some typing and organizing for him. *They*, the two partners, are still trying to reinvent themselves in this crappy economy and it's nothing permanent but it's a little extra cash in my pocket. I worked for them for almost 10 years and we just couldn't keep it going so they let me go last summer. I stuck it out til the end and we are still very close and I'm hoping we can pull something off this time around. Anyway, I have NO idea how long I'll be there and this throws a monkey-wrench in my routine. So, I need you all to MOTIVATE me later today when I get home to make sure I get some exercise in!! I've already eaten a light breakfast and have my lunch and snacks ready just in case I'm there all day.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!! See you all later!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

See you all later.

Thank you

Here is the lemon shicken tenders recipe.
    Ingredients
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
    Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    2.In a bowl, stir together paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken pieces. Dip pieces in egg, then dredge in bread crumbs. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
    3.Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
    4.In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together sugar, lemon juice, and curry powder, stirring until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
    5.Drizzle lemon sauce over chicken, return to oven, and bake 5 minutes more.

It is my new favorite. I just love it.
    I got it from allrecipes.com
    I did have a good day. I went on my treadmill. My 16 year old is making a chocolate cake and I really don't know if I want a peice or not, How's that for progress?

You're welcome and Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I will have to try it. I love to cook but right now I am looking for some great recipes that are not high in fat, sodium, calories, etc. Thanks for that website. I will defintly be going to check it out. I have went to the library and checked out a lot of cookbooks and I have found some really good recipes that I want to try out. I will be sharing these when I get a chance. I have already cooked a recipe called Easy Pepper Steak and it was really good!! My hubby and the kids loved it. So I will defintly be cooking it again.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning HEETers!

Gonna need your help today!!

Old boss called me yesterday and asked if I'd come in and do some typing and organizing for him. *They*, the two partners, are still trying to reinvent themselves in this crappy economy and it's nothing permanent but it's a little extra cash in my pocket. I worked for them for almost 10 years and we just couldn't keep it going so they let me go last summer. I stuck it out til the end and we are still very close and I'm hoping we can pull something off this time around. Anyway, I have NO idea how long I'll be there and this throws a monkey-wrench in my routine. So, I need you all to MOTIVATE me later today when I get home to make sure I get some exercise in!! I've already eaten a light breakfast and have my lunch and snacks ready just in case I'm there all day.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!! See you all later!

Good Morning VT!! I hope you have a good day helping your old boss. That is really good that you have had a light breakfast and that you packed your lunch and snacks. I just know you are going to do great today. You are doing such a great job!!