An Embarrassing Secret...

Options

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I once woke up on the airplane and realized I had turned from the window and snuggled up on the guy beside me's shoulder.. haha. He was very kind and patient. Not to mention an apparently good pillow.

I do this on nearly every flight. Sit next to me on a plane and you're my new best friend!
  • Jessica11221
    Jessica11221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have to jump in the bed at night in fear that someone will grab me from under the bed.

I'm also terrified of spiders.....I have to work up the nerve to kill them.
    I'm also terrified of horses. I had a few bad experiences as a child. This is a big deal because I live in the country surrounded by amish.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old and am terrified of spiders. Not so much the little ones, though. Here in Alabama we have about 4-5 different species of LARGE spiders and we have alot of black widows and brown recluse spiders. We also have the Carolina wolf spider, which is the "Thor" of house spiders. Fury *kitten*. This summer alone, I've killed 10-15 brown recluse spiders, 2 black widows, and 4 wolf spiders that were in or around my apartment.
  • jasonmh630
    Options

I can recite most of Team America World Police.

Holla! I love that movie. Seen it too many times. I sing the theme song all the time.

I sing along to the "Everyone has Aids" showtune song every time I watch that movie. lol
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    When my parents moved they unearthed an old "training bra" of mine. As a joke, they wrapped it up and gave it to me for Christmas a couple years ago. It still fits. My then 6 year old niece told me that my mother had predicted it would.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    When I was a kid, my dad snuck into my room and hid on the other side of the bed. He then proceeded to take my "My Buddy Andy" doll and throw it at my feet from under the bed when I walked in and scared me half to death. For those who don't know, that brand of doll looked ALOT like Chucky. To this day, the movie Child's play creeps me out.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    29 - never had a job or driver's license.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the lead singer of Rush was a guy until i was almost 30. Dude sounds like a chick. FTW.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    when i was around 2 or 3 years old i slammed my penis in a clothes drawer by accident. i was naked and bumped it with my pelvis to close it, and LittleT got a nice pinch. not exactly a secret though, thanks dad
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am a beer snob. I love Belgian, German, and some American micro brewers like Victory, and Sam Adams.

I wont even drink Budwiser, because life is too short.

I seriously go without beer if no decent beer is available, no matter how hot it is or how many cheap beers are available.

Me too.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd love to take a cruise and vacation to an exotic (for me) place like the Caribbean or off the west coast of Africa or Europe but my dread of traveling holds me back. Every time I think of having to interact with people, I forget the whole idea.

I haven't decided whether to label myself an extreme introvert or a garden variety misanthrope.
    jimmy28
    I'm a supervisor, I give presentations in public in front of 100s of people, have lectured college courses and lead trainings. BUT, I probably post 1 out of every 20 online posts I type and it took me over an hour to get up the nerve to type this and it is probably the 3rd post (and a lot of retyping) I started before I was able to post it. I would love to make friends and have support, but I have some weird social media phobia and I will probably never interact. I closed so many threads I wanted to join in. This weekend I typed a long post to someone on here who was hurting, because it's what I do. I help people and care about others, but I was so embarrassed to post online that I deleted it. Maybe if I didn't know anyone on mfp (co-workers, friends who I've not friended) I would feel more comfortable to be myself, but I didn't even think of them until tonight.. So I'm embarrased that I'm embarrased to post? I guess that's why I feel the need to get this out at least, because i never should have avoided helping someone for my own hang up...
    You can always create a secret/separate account to use for posting. That way, you can feel free to write whatever you want without the people you know being any the wiser.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Just a couple for me...

1) I once farted my self awake on an airplane... And it wasn't one of those quite ones either, we're talking the been drinking beer & eating chili all night types.
    2) I am terrified of donating or having blood drawn, and pass out EVERY time. Yet shots & tattoos don't bother me.
    3) When the weather is warm, I regularly wear a sarong, in public, with nothing underneath.
  • Despite knowing that they are harmless (at least I think I know), I have a crippling fear of moths and butterflies. If one even comes near me, I suddenly turn into Usain Bolt and you won't see me anything for a long time until I know it's either gone or dead.

....I'm 24 going on 3. :embarassed:
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to operate my TV/Blu Ray player/etc. If my husband is not home I just don't turn it on. For me that is not an issue because we don't watch a lot of TV anyway.
    My wife is the same way. So I bought her a Logitech Universal Remote for Christmas a couple of years back:

harmony-ultimate-one.jpg
    harmony-ultimate-one.jpg
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-ultimate-one?crid=60

Provided they are set up correctly, they're idiot proof. Just push the button labeled "Watch a DVD" etc. and the remote does all the work. Has saved our marriage on more then one occasion (especially when I travel for business).
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I really struggle with my left and right.

Luckily, I don't drive.

Did you know that's a form of dyslexia? It is and I know because I have the same issues and so does my dad.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

A not that closely guarded secret (at least not to anyone who lives/has lived with me) is that I MUST have all of my clothes and socks arranged by color. If something is not in the right color group, it drives me nuts.

Although I know how to swim, I won't swim in water unless I can see the bottom.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old and am terrified of spiders. Not so much the little ones, though. Here in Alabama we have about 4-5 different species of LARGE spiders and we have alot of black widows and brown recluse spiders. We also have the Carolina wolf spider, which is the "Thor" of house spiders. Fury *kitten*. This summer alone, I've killed 10-15 brown recluse spiders, 2 black widows, and 4 wolf spiders that were in or around my apartment.

*adds Alabama to list of places to NEVER visit*
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and my favorite movie is "The Emperor's New Groove." I've seen it 20+ times.
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    28 and still have trouble lighting a match:embarassed:

I'm no longer allowed to light a gas grill. Just because of one little unfortunate incident. And my eyelashes and eyebrows grew back eventually.

MUAHAHAHAHA!
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 18 and still don't know how to tie a knot or tie shoelaces... >.>

same here but i do it my way so it does get done lol