Is belly fat really the last to go?

Replies

• sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes.

And it's stubborn as hell.:mad:

I'm on my second year of really trying to get rid of it.
    I attempt to eat as little junk as possible and low carb but it's determined to hang on for dear life.

I wish I could lose it from my middle like I lost it from my face/neck. :drinker:
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    YES, for me. If I start gaining (even water weight), my belly is the first and only place it shows. I watch my diet and cut even just the water weight out and I'm back down 3 lbs and my abs look better. My belly is kind-of my "guide" on how I am doing with my diet.
  • 123Pari
    123Pari Posts: 16 Member
    Hi

In some cases it depends on the person. Do you do a lot of cardio? When we do cardio our body releases a stress hormone-cortisol. doing a lot of cardio will release a lot of cortisol.

If you do cardio everyday, maybe reduce it to 2-3 times week and add in a day of yoga or heavy lifting.

If you want to give me some more details of what exercise you do and how often then i might be able to give you some more advice :smile:

Also, are you under a lot of stress? how many hours of sleep do you get? all this info helps....
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    I feel like even after I will die and been dead a couple of years, I'll still have my stupid goo pouch under my belly button!
  • I feel like even after I will die and been dead a couple of years, I'll still have my stupid goo pouch under my belly button!

The only way to melt that is to excercise as many muscle groups in your body as often as you can

Mine only started to go when i started BJJ - which is pretty extreme x
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I would think the area of fat that's last to go is the one you are more likely to store weight in the first place.

I've never carried much weight in my waist. The fat on my thighs have clung to dear life to the very end, though.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    I agree with people who say it's first in, last out. During my 10 year weight gain, I gained fat in my belly(muffin top) first, second on my thighs and last on my back. It's been 5 months, and i've lost like 65lbs. I still feel the same until I look at my body. I've lost the most fat on my back, now my legs are starting to loose fat more noticeably. It sucks because I look so disproportionate. My muffin is 37 inches, but my hips are 40 and my waist is 31. So i'm hoping the last 20lbs comes off the tummy.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    I will probably always have the FACA ( FAT ABOVE COOCHIE AREA).:wink:
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Not for me. It was the first to go and last on. Boobs for me are last.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    For most men the last place to go is the abdomen and gut area. For most women it is the bum and thighs. I hear this an evolutionary process. As the fat in these areas is near our center of gravity. Therefore carrying fat in this area restricts our ability to move the least and is most easily supported and carried by our bodies.
  • In my experience, yeahhhhhh. I've toned up and visibly lost a lot everywhere except my stomach and hips. I have lost inches there, but I guess I'm just holding onto a lot more fat there. It's annoying.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Not for me, I lost weight evenly throughout my entire body :)
  • How long did it take to reduce your waist
    From 45 to 27? Any tips?
  • 65lbs in 5 months ? How?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    65lbs in 5 months ? How?

Can be done. But unless you are very very obese it is next to impossible to lose this fast in a healthy manner. Remember weight in the body has a kind of metabolic gravity. The higher it goes up the faster it wants to go down. It takes a truly shocking amount of food to get someone to the can't walk around because they are so fat stage. Even at my heaviest. Where I was literally eating just what the hell i liked. I never got near immobility. It's why I pity those people so much I mean my problems where bad enough. I hate to think about what kinda self hatred could force people to just ... stuff themselves all day long. It can't even be about greed anymore. If they just ... stopped and ate when they where actually hungry the weight would probably start falling off them. On the other end of the scale you see catwalk models going to lipo to get rid of the last half a lb to end up looking even more like skeletons. Because their bodies simply refuse to let go of their last reserves of fuel.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    It goes along with the other but toning is the hard part. Sit ups and crunches are what I am doing to try to get the last of mine gone.

29509743.png
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    It goes along with the other but toning is the hard part. Sit ups and crunches are what I am doing to try to get the last of mine gone.
    You're gonna do those for a very long time. Cause spot reduction doesn't work.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Not true for me. It's the last to come on and the first to go. I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs and butt. This is true for many women. Men tend to carry more weight in the midsection.
  • Not for me! it was the first to go.. I am rally middle heavy though.. I think they call it apple.... So besides my best girls my belly fat is going... :) Everyone is Diff!

For me too! Apple here as well...I've always said the bad thing about this body type is that when I gain weight it's all in my middle, but the thing I like about this body type is that when I lose weight, it all goes from the middle!