January Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Adding 7 miles walked on Sunday.

3/4 of the month have passed by and the current challenge total is 1,400 miles.
    Most of you are posting regularly :happy: , a few people are MIA from the thread :cry: , and some do their miles and lurk in here but don't post very often :grumble:. I'd like to urge the non-posters to post more often, because it keeps the thread high in the polls, it's motivating for the group and helps me keep track of your miles :wink: .
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 5.25 today - (2 mile beach and 3.25 mile C25K) Thanks!!!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1/24/11 - 12.6 miles recumbent bike

So close!!!!:smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2.79 miles on my lunch walk today....updated my siggie....
    i'm gonna bust my *kitten* to get my miles done early....i want to pass my goal....
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    +8 for last week.

Not looking good for me this month. The weather is a bear and I cant deal with the treadmill. Hopefully things will brighten up soon!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    @toots99 -- Oooh, we're neck & neck! One more week to see who takes it for the month! I need to pick it up...I've kinda been slacking the last couple days...

Anyway, good luck to you and best wishes for a strong finish from everyone! =)
    D.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:

2.09 OVER goal today! Woot!! One week early at that! :drinker:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    walked another 6 miles today
  • momsdumplin
    momsdumplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to meet my goal this month.Didn't meet November's or December's so this is a personal hurrah! Might keep it for 100 next month too since it's a short month.
  • Nece226
    Options
    I added another 10.8 today. This is the last week and I still have about 33 1/2 miles to go. Oh wow. I'm really going to try to kick it in and make it.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I added another 10.8 today. This is the last week and I still have about 33 1/2 miles to go. Oh wow. I'm really going to try to kick it in and make it.
    WOW good job! Are you biking, ellipticalling, running ? cuz that is alot for one day!!! Good job and stick with it cuz it is doable!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    OMG I do NOT feel good, more like death knocking!! But I MADE myself complete my weightlifting schedule from ChaLean Xtreme AND I walked 1 fifteen minute mile and was toast!!! This is a wicked flu, lets you feel pretty good then it sucker punches ya! Nasty cheater but I am fighting it!!!!!
    Good job EVERYBODY!!! We can do this!!!! I set my goal for only 60 miles cuz I new with all the Turbo Fire and ChaLean X that it would be tough to wedge in miles like I did in the Dec. challenge!! But anyway sick or not I WILL hit that goal!!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    First of all, vhuber: I hope you feel better very soon! I really admire how you persevere and workout even though you're sick!

Okay, update to me: 4 more miles on the treadmill for me today.

I hope I'm not being premature with this, but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that I will make my goal for this month! (And I'm a rookie, too!)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Updating

Jan goal 60 miles - 35 mile completed = 25 mile left

Gonna have to push myself if I want to meet my goal. Oh my!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Jan goal 150
    current completed111.81 miles

balance 38.19
    min 5.45 miles a day!!

woohoo I see the finish line. I thin I bit off more than I can chew. It was a awesome challene though.
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Short cross training today, for 2 miles.

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    3 more on the treadmill and 1.5 on the elliptical tonight at the ymca...
    updated my siggie below...
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Are we going to do this for Feb? I'm way too late to do this for this month.

@ cjsgrimlin: Nice, you are moving for January already. Well done, I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

Even if we all stopped moving today - which doesn't seem likely - it would still be a successful challenge with over 1,500 miles logged. There's a good chance that about 20 of us will reach our goals the way toots99 already did. :drinker: .

My new year resolution was/is to move 2011 miles, so I'm going to keep logging my miles for the next months anyway. Now, if there's going to be a February MYA Challenge I'll be glad to join. I can also keep keeping track of the miles if you want me to.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    WTG toots and DInos. Thank you for the tracking also. I hope we do a Feb. This keeps me focused.

ps..sorry for the poor spelling on the last entry.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    WTG toots and DInos. Thank you for the tracking also. I hope we do a Feb. This keeps me focused.

ps..sorry for the poor spelling on the last entry.

Thanks! I'd like to do a Feb. challenge too!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I was too tired to post last night after I got home from the gym, but I updated my ticker with my 4.3 miles on the TM...and I've reached my goal! I was going save some for today, but right about the time I was ready to hop off, Van Halen came around on my playlist and told me to "Come on, Baby, finish what you started...!" :-D

Going to continue and see how close I can come to last month's goal I was short on...75 miles.

Good luck to everyone still moving! You can do it! :)