30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW. Ok so the warm up in level 3 got me sweating! By the end my legs were shaking and I was soaked in sweat! I did make it through and I did tell Jillian she stinks. Nine days left in this challenge for me. (golly that is a single digit!!!!!!)
    I am thrilled to see so many of us still working toward the finish line. I don't think it matters the pace, everyone needs something a little different for them. So congrats on sticking with it or getting back on the horse!
    Keep on Shreddin.
  • sallenspach
    sallenspach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to be in too, but I ordered mine and it isn't here yet! I cannot wait to get it!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    just ordered it, cant wait! do i need any equipment? I have some hand weights.
  • sallenspach
    Options
    I don't think so, i think hand weights are enough
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    excellent, was looking for a taxing at home work-out, I hope this fits the bill :0)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    L2D7 finished. i really had to push myself today. maybe i will drag this one out a bit
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2 finished!!! Only 4 more days left till level 3!!! Not sure I will be able to stop myself from telling Jillian that she sucks and to shut up....but I'm sure gonna keep on pushing!!!

Keep up the good work fellow shredders!!!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow!!! *scream*
  • delfin59
    Options
    I got bored so I've been avoiding 30 day shred for a week now :(

I'm hoping to be able to start again this week. Wish me luck!
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I got bored so I've been avoiding 30 day shred for a week now :(

I'm hoping to be able to start again this week. Wish me luck!

Good luck:tongue:
  • akos13
    akos13 Posts: 11
    Options
    sallenspach,
    ok i also got my DVD, will be starting today! current weight is 158lbs goal weight is 140lbs. all the best...we can do this!!!!
  • akos13
    Options
    Debbie,
    today is my first day starting the DVD my current weight is 158lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs, pls do u have any advise on the foods to eat, i also work night shift as a nurse!
    thanks.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Today was day 8 of level 2. I'm still planning to make it more of a six week thing than 30 days so level 3 will start on Saturday. Hope I'm not the only one dragging this out. I think there are going to be great benefits either way.

Nope, you are not the only one dragging it out. I am planning to start level 3 on Sat. as well. today is 11 days on L2 for me (23 days total of shred) I want to get through this level strong without resting and I still struggle some at the end. Not as much as I was but still resting for about 5 seconds right before the ab jacks. This level has really challenged me and I am a little fearful of level 3 but still pushing myself.

Keep up the good work!
  • sallenspach
    Options
    @ akos13: Sounds like a plan!!!!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Debbie,
    today is my first day starting the DVD my current weight is 158lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs, pls do u have any advise on the foods to eat, i also work night shift as a nurse!
    thanks.

akos13 - Welcome to the 30 day shred! :flowerforyou:

Not sure if I'm the Debbie you're referring to or not so I apologize if I am mistaken. :blushing:

My advise to you is to PLAN AHEAD AND LOG into the food section of this site. This way you have a chance to alter or ax a food or drink that will put you over your totals for the day BEFORE it's too late. :sad:

READ THE LABELS on your packages. So many things say they are fat free for example but are loaded with sugar.:huh:

Get yourself a KITCHEN SCALE. Weigh out your portion sizes. You will be amazed at what healthy portion sizes actually look like.

DON'T HIT THE VENDING MACHINES. :noway: There's nothing but sugar, bad fats and salt in everything. I plan, prepare and bring in my own food from home. It's the only way I can stay on track.

PLAN TO EAT MINI MEALS. I find that when I faithfully eat 3 meals and 2 snacks every day, that I am satisfied. You do not want to starve yourself and then discover your hand at the bottom of a bag of cookies wondering what just happened.:grumble:

A big help is having a little bit of protein at each meal. This will keep your blood sugars level. So, some nuts, a spoon of peanut butter, a dairy product (a little cheese or yogurt) for example with an apple or other fruit or veg.

Instead of bread for your sandwiches, use whole wheat wraps instead.

Instead of soda, switch to water, maybe put some Crystal Light in it or drink green tea.:drinker:

Instead of chips, pop your own popcorn at home and take that to work in a ziplock baggy.

Good luck you can do this once you plan ahead. :bigsmile:

Well, today I completed L3 D4. Only 6 more days to go and I will have completed 30 days straight of "Jillian".:wink:

I'm starting to see that light at the end of the tunnel now.

Good luck everyone and WELCOME to all the new "shreddies". This is a really good workout. But - hold on, cuz it's gonna be a rough ride! LOL!

Debbie :flowerforyou:
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Agreed Debbie, well said!:bigsmile:
    To all the new people just starting on this journey best of luck! If you are on day 2 or 3 I am sure you are feeling it when you sit down to pee (I remember that pain!), but work through it. To those in the middle stay strong and finish the race you started. Follow through and you will not let yourself down!
    I am on day 22 total 2nd day on level 3. I know even though it is late I can get through 20 mins!
    Happy Shredding!:flowerforyou:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    L2D8 finished. I'm improving still struggling in that last circuit
  • akos13
    Options
    Debbie!!!! aaaawwww thank you so much for all your words of encouragement ;-) you make the road of 30day shred looks very lovely...lol.....since there is a great reward at the end. i will follow your steps to move in the right direction. also how much is one expected to loose after the shred?

thanks for all you do.
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Debbie!!!! aaaawwww thank you so much for all your words of encouragement ;-) you make the road of 30day shred looks very lovely...lol.....since there is a great reward at the end. i will follow your steps to move in the right direction. also how much is one expected to loose after the shred?

thanks for all you do.
    akos13 - You are VERY welcome!:flowerforyou:

The first time around that I did the 30 day shred (yes this is the second time putting myself in front of Jillian). I lost 25 lbs. This time around I don't have as much weight to lose. I "fell off the wagon" a while back when dealing with a death and then a surgery. I stopped exercising and headed for the comfort foods. I put 10 of the pounds I worked so hard to lose back on.

According to Jillian, if you follow her eating plan and work out with her every day then you would probably shake off 10 lbs in 30 days.

Personally, I believe that there are numerous factors involved in how much any one person will lose.

1. How much extra weight are you carrying?

The more you weigh the more you have to lose. I'm closer to my goal so I'm not seeing the same results this time around. However, with needing to lose only 10 lbs, I have lost from Jan 2nd to last Saturday a total of 6 lbs. So I'm not far off the target.

2. How diligent are you with your diet?

Jillian has a book out (that I have), it's called "Making The Cut". She talks to you about how to eat for losing and maintaining a healthy weight. She guarantees that if you follow her plan you will drop weight.

She really helped me to alter how I eat. Most of my suppers are basic 'no brain-ers". I typically will go for a simple protein and a veg. So perhaps a piece of baked or grilled salmon or chicken and a nice green salad that has a lot of color in it (yellow, green, red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers etc.) and a simple salad dressing. Think olive oil and vinegar or a vinaigrette dressing.

3. How active are you every day?

Experts will tell you that everyone should have a least 30 minutes of exercise every day. I'm busy just like everyone else is so I "sneak" in extra exercise at every opportunity. Example: I park my car further away from the office and mall entrance so that I have to walk across the parking lot. I take the stairs and avoid the elevator. I get up from my desk to go speak with a co-worker instead of relying on instant messaging. It's an excuse to stretch my legs. I stand up to get my papers from the printer instead of rolling my desk chair over the few feet. It's not much but when you do it constantly every day, it does add up.

The point is: eat as close to the farm as possible. Meaning cut out as much processed food as you can and eat real, whole food.
    AND
    Use EVERY excuse in the book to just simply move your body, even if it just stretches your legs.

It all counts and it does make a difference. I used to weigh a lot more but this is how I've been getting healthy.
    Already I am wearing pants again that I couldn't wear a month ago.

Good luck! Now go get Shredded!! LOL!

Debbie.:flowerforyou:
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Just checking in...I've been sick for the last 5 days or so. I have not been able to exercise at all. However, I'm not giving up. I will pick up where I left off. Still on level 1 d9, almost ready for L2. I'm behind schedule of pretty much everyone, but I think that as long as I can complete the workouts...well that's great! This cold/flu type stuff totally stinks!