30 Day Shred CHALLENGE!!! Join me!

Options

Replies

• allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Got Shred yesterday and just finished level 1.....it is a good workout for 20 minutes...no excuse for not exercising with this DVD.
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    Oh if I can get my hands on the dvd on time I'm in :happy: 20 minutes would be about all I can fit in easily, with my 3 boys :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Is is September yet!?!? I can't wait!!!!! :laugh:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Is is September yet!?!? I can't wait!!!!! :laugh:

Hahaha! I guess we could start early - I did it the other day, but I've not done it daily yet!

Another note about soreness - if doing level 1 and feeling sore on day 2, just do the DVD without weights - sort of for a stretch! Might be a good option I may have to employ...
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    I went out and got the dvd today :bigsmile: I can't wait to get started! Sounds like a good workout! I'm aiming for 10lbs :bigsmile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Walmart to see if they have it...I know they have it online but I have to go there anyway.

I would like to join the Shred challenge beginning in Sept.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Well I've gone all over town searching for the DVD. I'm sure I've burned more calories doing that than I will using the DVD....lol. An low and behold the last place I went...really the last place there was to go...I FOUND IT!!!!! Woo Hoo! I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to join in this challange. If any other Canadians are having a hard time finding it it was London Drugs I finally found it at.
    :happy:
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey i need a new challenge in my life. Im going to join if ya'll dont mind!
    My goal is to loose 8 pounds in September!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome Orange and all!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    OK Ladies, I have ordered my DVD, I sure hope this works. I am a Yoga person, do Yoga at least 40 mins a day - I hope I can hang with the cardio - we will see!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did Shred yesterday evening with Hubby. I enjoyed it. Hubby just started back getting into workouts again so he was a bit winded. We did level 2 and 3. I did have to modify some of the moves once we got to level 3 I was almost on empty. After we did 40 push ups. I can definately see that everyone will get some great results doing shred for 30 days guaranteed. Wish i could join yall but im already doing a 90 day rotation of Power 90 Master Series. im on Day 11!

Steph
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    Oh this sounds like a fantastic challenge!! I wish it was around when I did the 30 day shred back in July. Back then I didn't count calories (though I wasn't eating badly) and I lost no inches or pounds. It did however physically prepare me for P90X (which is what I am doing right now) I'm on day 24 of the 90 day rotation. Now that I'm on MFP I know I'll get better results with the 30 day shred than the first time, but I'm a bit apprehensive about adding it to my ongoing rotation. Might burn me out.

Anyway good luck to everyone doing this. I will keep up with this post to see how ya'll are doing for a bit of motivation for me :happy: and encouragement for the rest of you. Cheers :drinker:

:heart:
    Ajay
  • reet34
    reet34 Posts: 47
    Options
    i would love to take this challenge up - I tried to purchase a copy in Australia with no luck thus far, so will now purchase of Amazon. Postage will delay my beginning, however I am going on holidays on teh 27th September for a week so a big motivator.

cheers and thanks
  • keileye
    keileye Posts: 12
    Options
    count me in! i just got the DVD. and i was going to do it anyways (but this will help keep me motivated!!)
  • lost50
    lost50 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred for 3 months now. I feel rreally great. I was not strict with the diet part but I have lost 14 pounds in those months. I never bought the video because it is ON DEMAND on Comcast so I don't really know the diet end but My fitness pal has been helpful. I am on shred 2. I do it 5 days a week but I also walk 3 miles the 7 daysi. I sweat alot and the cardio is almost like a bootcampp cardio. I use to be the low impactor but not so much anymore. I have a lot of definition and muscles now since doing this program. I have gone down a size. I highly recommend it but if you are not use to cardio start with one and do it for a month before moving on to 2.If someone can tell me her expectations on the diet end that would be great. I will join youon this challenge and hopefully by my birthday in Oct I will have lost another dress size. Good Luk all!
  • nikkid917
    Options
    I'm in!! :bigsmile: Just ordered the DVD today so hopefully I will get it in time. I have never really committed to 30 days of working out. I really would like to shape up and lose 10 lbs. I think this is great so we can all help motivate each other. I just am not sure if I will be able to do it every single day but I am going to try my hardest! Good luck everyone!!!

So, what all do we need? A yoga mat and a pair of weights? Is that right or am I missing something?
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just got my DVD today and it was literally the last possible place that I could have looked! I am soooo excited to get started with this. Does anyone have the book that goes with this and is it worth buying? I have heard that there is a whole Jillianized eating plan that goes with this shred! I found the book at walmart but didn't pick it up because my mind was focused on finding the DVD. I try to follow a low glycemic index plan (and will kick this up a notch starting with the shred) but I would love to see what jillian says!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    woo-- hoooooooooooo-- it came in today!!

I'm going to be gone for a week next month, so I'm going to start tonight.

It looks awesome-- thanks whoever started this!!
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I came in!!!!! I think I'm going to start tonight because in exactly one month today is my BIRTHDAY! So yay 30 day shreders! I'll let ya'll know how it goes! :flowerforyou:
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i started two days too......i am pysched...can't wait to give you all my positive results...lol! Thanks for starting this......got to get up at 4:30 tomorrow to do Shred as taking my daughter back to college. goodnight!