Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

1789101113»

Replies

• styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Geek reporting for duty!

Geek credentials: Real RPG (as in pen&paper) player & GM of over a dozen systems, wargamer, miniature builder/painter, SFF movie/TV/literature fan, technical IT job, know the entire script of Monty Python & the Holy Grail... do I qualify? :)
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Sir, thanks for the initiation. I shall receive in true geek style. Awkwardly, reluctantly, and wondering if you're talking to me or the person stood behind me.
  • Aha! I KNEW there were nerds on this website somewhere!

I used this site once before just before NY ComicCon (and let me tell you it came in handy pre-cosplay) but stopped because I didn't think I was really connecting with anyone, and then promptly regained all the weight. Hoping to make some "friends" that will get my dumb references, because when all you have is the internet, shared interests become inherently more important for some weird reason.

Intersectionally feminist geek girls should especially hit me for friendship-having, because I'mma need some positive body-loving support to remind me why I'm trying to get in shape in the first place. Also, people who like Sailor Moon. I'm on a huge sailor moon kick lately. Like a HUGE one.

Hoping to hear from some of you!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    I have the physical strength of Sheldon, the sarcasm of Leonard, the success with the ladies of Raj, the dress sense of Howard, the intelligence of Zack, the empathy of Leonard's mum and the singing skills of Penny.

I'm also a Brit who loves Dr Who and and people who don't take life too seriously. I'm fat, unfit, over forty and p**s myself laughing every time I see myself naked in the mirror. I learnt pretty quickly not to laugh when my wife was naked!! :-)

If you want a friend who is brutally honest, ever so slightly sarcastic and a knackered old s**t then feel free to add me :-)
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    I REALLY wish this system sent you an email when you get a post on a thread you started!!! lol To all the new geeks, Welcome!!

Friend requests have been sent and invitations to officially check into your rooms in the asylum will follow shortly!!

Greg
    keeper of the nut house
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 843 Member
    I just found this thread. Sarcastic/cynical Enginerd by trade, 33 with 50plus pounds to lose. Douglas Adams, Firefly, LARP, Belly dance, book worm, and what ever else touches my fancy ( I didn't intend to go dirty, but my head already went there.) Feel free to add me. I need some nerd powered motivation.
  • gse313
    aerochic42... Wecome to the thread theat doesn't end!! lol We try not to bite... Hard... lol The geeks in here (myself espically) tend to have their minds in the gutter most of the time just proving the point that was touched on in "Revenge of the Nerds"!! lol

May the Farce be with you!!! LOL
  • gse313
    Ok.. so after a far too long hiatus, I'm back... Calling ALL Geeks / Nerds / Misfits / etc... This is your home!!!

Follow the slow moving, hovering, silent light in the sky and it will lead you to us!!! lol
  • gamerguy123
    gamerguy123 Posts: 48 Member
    Geek checking in. Video games & sci fi shows ('Trek, 'Gate, X-files).

Like working out but like eating more so after loosing weight and hitting my goal I went back up again. Hoping to loose weight again.
  • ashleylong88
    ashleylong88 Posts: 2 Member
    throw me a friend request. I'm fairly new here, this is my first post.

Loads of awesome people here, and im happy to see loads of Doctor Who and Firefly fans...
  • gse313
    gamerguy123 and ashleylong88... Welcome to our little community!! invites will be coming soon...

gamer... going back through all seasons of X-Files on Netflix then on to Star Trek in order of timeline (Enterprise, Original, TNG, DS9, Voyager) then on to Stargate / SG1 / Atlantis...

ashley.. 4 &10 were both brown coats!! ;-)
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Reporting in.

Movies/Shows/Books: Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Stargate, Dune, Hitchhiker's Guide

Games: Age of Empires, Red Alert, Sins of a Solar Empire, Alpha Centauri

Science in general, particularly astronomy/astrophysics.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    In for later reading of this thread.
  • gse313
    Kontxesi & j_bark, you have both found your home!!! This is where us geeks come to unite... and like a true Time Lord of Gallifrey, this thread just keeps regenerating. Welcome!! We will prepair your room at the Asylum... I mean "Group Housing"... and have it ready for you shortly. I am quite sure that the other Inmates, I mean residents, and I will make you feel quite welcome!!
  • I'd love to have some nerd/geek-MFP-friends too! Feel free to add me! :)