Export and analyze your own data in Excel

Options

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, Aaron!
    Looks like you are being quite successful.

You are right the lower the number of days to average, it will have be influence by recent changes to diet/exercise. I should make sure to keep it at 30 days as default.
    The trend line drawn on the lower right graph is a linear least square fit - not "wrong", just not a good fit. You've either gotten more active as you lose, or worked on changing body comp. Food for thought for me - there's no reason that should be a linear trend, it's not a population analysis. We modify our behavior - will need to think about that line. Thanks.

Fair enough on the trend fit, it just looked like it was weighting the earlier data heavier to me since it seemed a better fit would have been a straight flat line but math is math so I assume that is the best fit and its my eyes that deceive.
  • FletcherLoder
    FletcherLoder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm having an issue where my gross calories and macro data are lagging a couple days behind. Weight is showing on the correct day, but nothing else. For example, today 8/1/14 is showing my calorie and macro data from 7/29/14.

Any idea what would cause this?
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump...want to look at this later at home...
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Umm, heck yeah
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bump........looks great. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • jennetsullivan
    jennetsullivan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A big update on the data export tool is now available from the usual location - This is now Version 5.01

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927

The tool remains fast - takes about 1-3 minutes to perform all downloads
    This is a major design overhaul - simplified to present all data in two tabs and now has help/explanation bubbles
    Single button execution and simple reset button
    Supports being printed out
    Works in mixed metrics/US/UK units, works in international Windows system parameters
    Resolved minor bugs on macro objective extractions and calculations
    It has all macro data including cholesterol, sodium, fiber and sugar on the start tab, along with the usual protein, carbs, fats pie charts for today, the last week and two weeks ago.
    Added an "ignore today" check box, now fully supported yet.
    Enjoy!

y1I27VG.jpg

Love the update - you are a game changer! Thank you!! :bigsmile:
  • tsawrie
    tsawrie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine is working correctly. On my "check-in" tab, it doesn't list any calories, carb, fat, etc imported. But it shows net cals, cals burned. Nothing listed in the calculated from setup columns either. What am I doing wrong?
  • tsawrie
    tsawrie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. I've been putting my mfp data into excel by hand for years!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have Excel 2003. Doubt this would work for me, which is unfortunate because it looks awesome!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I get a cannot run Macro error when I hit "go" on the first page.. and nothing happens...
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I will check this out as soon as I get home from work. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting , thanks!
  • Paulsz28
    Paulsz28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to make it capture ALL of my data going back to when I first joined MFP on 1/3/2011? Right now, I can set it to capture 1000 days max (without errors - entering a number higher than this throws errors), but then on the weight sheet it only goes back 500 days, and actually data starting on 8/6/2013 is all zeroes.

My diary is set to public.

Thanks, love the tool!
  • BFA1
    BFA1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is there troubleshooting that I can do if the numbers don't match? On the check-in tab, your workbook says I took in 1442 calories today -- but I haven't entered any data for today, yet! And it says 1858 for yesterday, but MFP says 1356.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    this tool really is amazing. i'm planning to take the results to my next doctor's appointment as proof that something really is wrong with me. according to my charts, my activity level is registering as below sedentary and i go to the gym 3-5 days a week.
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Doing a wee bump for myself for later so I can download this Excel wizardry when I get home - looks AMAZING!
  • stedgeg
    Options
    tsawrie wrote: »
    I don't think mine is working correctly. On my "check-in" tab, it doesn't list any calories, carb, fat, etc imported. But it shows net cals, cals burned. Nothing listed in the calculated from setup columns either. What am I doing wrong?

I am getting the same result. Any update available? Thanks for your work!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!