Sugar is the CULPRIT!

Options

Replies

• millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If people on here making such light of sugar addiction would of tried eat only what grows on trees diet they would of never been grossly overweight.

Also, just no.

ETavoidastrike :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If people on here making such light of sugar addiction would of tried eat only what grows on trees diet they would of never been grossly overweight.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but please, for the love of God, it's "would have" !

Also, just no.

FYI, you can get a strike for correcting spelling or grammar. Thus why no one else did.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I guess what I am trying to is that yes people can over do anything. But the longer you stick to a diet low in GI, the more likely you will start to balance your hormones out and have no problems.

Pardon the snark, it really is meant light-heartedly, but as far as I can see that assertion has about as much support and value to me as using feng shui to plan out my living room.
  • mullaneywt
    mullaneywt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sugar (or starchy carbs) release glucose into the system and as long as our body is trying to deal with a spike in glucose, it cannot burn fat, and it puts the body into a stressed out state. The body can't use it all as fuel so it stores it as fat. So you get a double whammy, you stop burning body fat, you store MORE fat and the liver is stressed out. In a worst case scenario, you go into shock …I'm going to start measuring my glucose levels soon to see what foods cause me to do this sometimes the sugar is hidden.

Overall, NO, wrong. Do some research, maybe half of this is half correct.
  • lysolgirl
    lysolgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Sugar (or starchy carbs) release glucose into the system and as long as our body is trying to deal with a spike in glucose, it cannot burn fat, and it puts the body into a stressed out state. The body can't use it all as fuel so it stores it as fat. So you get a double whammy, you stop burning body fat, you store MORE fat and the liver is stressed out.

This is a moot point if one is in a state of negative energy balance...
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You know if there's a book out there where a doctor proved that sugar caused cancer...don't you think that would be KIND of a big deal? And not just something you remember reading in some book a while back.

But ok. This is what you've decided to tell people. This is the advice you want to give.

Back it up.

Provide some sources. Some evidence. Jesus how about at least the NAME of the doctor you claim to believe.

Provide evidence of the claim you're making or just admit you don't really know what you're talking about.

People continuously provide and have provided plenty of evidence for people to only poo poo it. So go research it for yourself.

We were never intended to eat sugar. And especially not in the quantities we eat it in today. Do what you like though. I try to abstain as much as possible.

then please explain the existence of sugar cane, sugar beets, and honey. and berries. And apples. and peaches. and melons.

I'll explain it, those types of foods are for primates. If we ate those foods, we will not have developed the way we have in to the humans we are. We can eat those foods of course, but they wouldn't have helped our development as a species if that's all we ate.

I'm going to blow your mind: Human beings (homo sapiens) are primates.

:laugh: awesome response. :laugh:

LOL!!!!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny! Bumping for later.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This thing is still going?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Provide evidence of the claim you're making or just admit you don't really know what you're talking about.
  • jbrownnolan
    jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Smarties.jpg

Sugar is not bad if you snort it

woman-snorting-doughnuts21.jpg

In moderation of course

Ohhhhh, so that's why they call it a "Sugar High". I get it now, and all this time I was ingesting the sugar through my mouth like an idiot.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You know if there's a book out there where a doctor proved that sugar caused cancer...don't you think that would be KIND of a big deal? And not just something you remember reading in some book a while back.

But ok. This is what you've decided to tell people. This is the advice you want to give.

Back it up.

Provide some sources. Some evidence. Jesus how about at least the NAME of the doctor you claim to believe.

People continuously provide and have provided plenty of evidence for people to only poo poo it. So go research it for yourself.

We were never intended to eat sugar. And especially not in the quantities we eat it in today. Do what you like though. I try to abstain as much as possible.

then please explain the existence of sugar cane, sugar beets, and honey. and berries. And apples. and peaches. and melons.

I'll explain it, those types of foods are for primates. If we ate those foods, we will not have developed the way we have in to the humans we are. We can eat those foods of course, but they wouldn't have helped our development as a species if that's all we ate.

:laugh: awesome response. :laugh:

was so not going to slog through some of this thread..

found this gem.SO glad I did. great way to end my day. thank you folks. thank you.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I need to stop doing so much work at work. How did I miss this? Please thread, don't be deleted when I get home.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Is this another one of those let's fight with the nameless and faceless avatar who hasn't seen the inside of a university or gym in, well, in, like, 4-ever? You know? Like. well, is it?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Lets just say that I can almost guarantee that lots of you didn't get 50lbs overweight by avoiding sugar. With that being said I rest my case.

Nope... I got overweight because I can easily consume 3000 calories in a day... add that to being fairly sedentary and we have problems...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yay this thread is still going! Back in for lulz!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Actually, almost all of my recent weight prior to getting myself back in shape was from fat, protein and starchy carbs. Not sugar.

OK, maybe chocolate. But the healthy dark chocolate stuff.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Sugar is my life source and I don't care where I get it... be it fruit, vegetables, or candy.... if someone takes my life source away I will cut a person.

tumblr_inline_mjzgpqwF6k1qz4rgp.gif

So much this^^
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

LOL OMG - Loved this. Did someone miss that class in high school, perhaps?

And, wth? Is someone actually saying we shouldn't eat apples?