Fasting.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Everyone here is overweight

Pretty sure this is myFitnesspal..not myWeightLossPal. And if that were the case, why are there sections for those maintaining weight and those looking to gain/bulk?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Toxins in the body don't exist.
    Not precisely.

There is potential for heavy metals to concentrate. One reason I avoid using indoor shooting ranges. However, a cute cup of tea ain't going to fix that. :)

you know, if you stand on the OTHER side of the room, then you're less likely to have high concentrations of heavy metals hitting you at high velocities.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
    PM me

Fasting for one day can be healthy. But going without any food for 3-4 days is not going to do your body any good. The stress you put on your body will likely be more toxic than just letting your body naturally expel waste.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Does your body naturally "cleanse" all the additives in our diets? Maybe people use toxins interchangeably with the extra chemicals added to food.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Does your body naturally "cleanse" all the additives in our diets? Maybe people use toxins interchangeably with the extra chemicals added to food.

Yes - the body does do that.

Please name these extra chemicals that you think the body might not naturally cleanse.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Hey, I am apart of this site. I am not trailer trash, maybe a little hillbilly, but I am not trailer trash.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Basically, yes. And even if the answer was no, fasting would not change it, and neither would 'cleanses' or 'detoxes'.
  • Wookinpanub

Please name these extra chemicals that you think the body might not naturally cleanse.

Just wondering about any artificial ingredients added during the manufacturing process. I did the whole Isagenix cleanse years ago. It's premise beside the 2-day torturous fasting was that any unnatural food can cause toxins which may lead to weight gain because the body did not know how to process unnatural foods. It was a little over the top for me and while I did lose some weight with fasting, dieting and exercise, I gained it all back.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Just wondering about any artificial ingredients added during the manufacturing process. I did the whole Isagenix cleanse years ago. It's premise beside the 2-day torturous fasting was that any unnatural food can cause toxins which may lead to weight gain because the body did not know how to process unnatural foods. It was a little over the top for me and while I did lose some weight with fasting, dieting and exercise, I gained it all back.

It is total marketing schpeel that has no basis behind it.
  • Iron_Feline

I'm afraid that is marketing BS

And you fell for it.

Edit: Oh snap Sara :flowerforyou:
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    I will PM me I was told by my Dr. that I have way too many toxins in my body....I love my Dr. you might know him he goes by the name Dr. Oz! ....giggity
  • Wookinpanub

And you fell for it.

But, but Isagenix had a Dr as their spokesperson. It's gotta be real right?

Board Certified Gastroenterologist Dr. Becky Natrajan
  • Iron_Feline

And you fell for it.

But, but Isagenix had a Dr as their spokesperson. It's gotta be real right?

Board Certified Gastroenterologist Dr. Becky Natrajan

I'm being trolled - yes?

otherwise :noway:
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Just some additional thoughts.
    Once again I practise fasting occassionally. The type changes. Sometimes one meal.a day over a period of days, sometimes no.solid food at all for a day or days, etc. The reasons are primarily spiritual!
    My observations though :
    1. Fasting is not ideal or sustainable if being used as a weight loss method if a lifestyle approach is being taken to weight loss
    2. Fasting is great at purging your body of toxins excess and leaves you feeling much healthier once done (even if not during)
    3. Fasting does sort of "turn.a switch" in your mind and helps you realise and also break any unhealthy addictions to food or certain types of food that you may have!
    4. For me, fasting for spiritual reasons coupled with prayer has been a channel to break into realms of the spiritual and miraculous that I had never seen before!

All the best!

Name one...just one toxin that is eliminated by fasting that wouldn't otherwise be eliminated by the body while still eating food. You don't have to name all of them...just one. Please, just give the name of even *ONE* toxin. Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

And if you can't name even one toxin, then please stop spreading this misinformation.
    Just to play devil's advocate, everything your body removes in respiration, elimination, perspiration, etc. might be considered a 'toxin' by some. It's something the body wishes to expel and uses energy to do so. Anything can be toxic in the right quantity or environment including oxygen and water.

Of course you can expel everyday toxins without fasting but the practice has been around so long, I can believe that giving the body a day or three from processing new inputs of toxins might possibly help it clear out the old.

Too much alcohol is clearly toxic. If you drink to excess nightly, your body can remove the toxins before your next nightly binge. But it also clearly stresses the liver if it continues. Just an example of an everyday toxin.

Foods can contain toxins. All it takes is a mild, unidentified food allergy and you have an inflammatory response. Remove all foods for a day, you remove all those mild responses to it and might feel good.

I feel good when I do IF. I just broke a fast and now I feel headachey and congested, which happened the last time my fast-breaking meal had bread. I'm thinking it's a mild response to gluten. I wouldn't know it was happening if I hadn't fasted, I don't think.
  • Iron_Feline
    Just some additional thoughts.
    Once again I practise fasting occassionally. The type changes. Sometimes one meal.a day over a period of days, sometimes no.solid food at all for a day or days, etc. The reasons are primarily spiritual!
    My observations though :
    1. Fasting is not ideal or sustainable if being used as a weight loss method if a lifestyle approach is being taken to weight loss
    2. Fasting is great at purging your body of toxins excess and leaves you feeling much healthier once done (even if not during)
    3. Fasting does sort of "turn.a switch" in your mind and helps you realise and also break any unhealthy addictions to food or certain types of food that you may have!
    4. For me, fasting for spiritual reasons coupled with prayer has been a channel to break into realms of the spiritual and miraculous that I had never seen before!

All the best!

Name one...just one toxin that is eliminated by fasting that wouldn't otherwise be eliminated by the body while still eating food. You don't have to name all of them...just one. Please, just give the name of even *ONE* toxin. Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

And if you can't name even one toxin, then please stop spreading this misinformation.
    Just to play devil's advocate, everything your body removes in respiration, elimination, perspiration, etc. might be considered a 'toxin' by some. It's something the body wishes to expel and uses energy to do so. Anything can be toxic in the right quantity or environment including oxygen and water.

Of course you can expel everyday toxins without fasting but the practice has been around so long, I can believe that giving the body a day or three from processing new inputs of toxins might possibly help it clear out the old.

Too much alcohol is clearly toxic. If you drink to excess nightly, your body can remove the toxins before your next nightly binge. But it also clearly stresses the liver if it continues. Just an example of an everyday toxin.

Foods can contain toxins. All it takes is a mild, unidentified food allergy and you have an inflammatory response. Remove all foods for a day, you remove all those mild responses to it and might feel good.

I feel good when I do IF. I just broke a fast and now I feel headachey and congested, which happened the last time my fast-breaking meal had bread. I'm thinking it's a mild response to gluten. I wouldn't know it was happening if I hadn't fasted, I don't think.

Except that every single one of those 'toxins' is removed by the body while eatng normally.

We are looking for a 'toxin' that can only be removed by fasting.
  • Wookinpanub
    [/quote]

I'm being trolled - yes?

[/quote]

No I was just being sarcastic b/c I am the one who fell for it. The program included a dvd by Dr. Becky explaining how toxicity is causing obesity and other diseases.
  • Iron_Feline

I'm being trolled - yes?

No I was just being sarcastic b/c I am the one who fell for it. The program included a dvd by Dr. Becky explaining how toxicity is causing obesity and other diseases.

We've all fallen for bs at some point.

That's why so many people here try to warn noobs about the pointlessness of 'detoxing'
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    I'm going to be embarking on a good 3/4 day tea/water fast to cleanse, I am wondering if anyone would like to join me. I have alot of toxins to rid myself of and I heard fasting works for alot of things.
    PM me

Name one toxin.
  • Bump
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Toxins in the body don't exist. High dosages of "poisons" can become toxic, but one would be hospitalized from that. You want to "cleanse", just eat more fiber and poo.

Happy to eat the fibre ..... but I'll draw the line at poo ;-)
    Well played :drinker: