Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "When are you going to start eating 'normal' again?"

as soon as I want to look like you, I'll eat like you. :laugh:

WIN.
    Effing W-I-N.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I get the snide and down right snobby assumptions about my parenting.

I'm a mother to four kids; 10, 7, 4 and 1 and I always get:

"Where do you find the time?"

"Why do you keep getting pregnant if you want to lose weight so bad?"

"So the kids see their father more than you?"

"Who cooks, cleans, watches the kids, does activities with the kids?", etc.

That hurts. I'm a damn good mother and wife.

When it comes to Derrick and I, neither of us is the more involved parent. I don't FIND the time, I MAKE the time, my two youngest take afternoon naps or get glued to The Lego Movie/Frozen. And I don't "keep getting pregnant" and also, my pregnancy choices are of NO ONE's concern but mine and my husband. The kids spend time with both Derrick and I, my two oldest love to run with me (my 7 year old son just received a gold medal for running 200+ miles collectively last school year with the 100 Mile Club of California) and my two youngest giggle along through yoga and Just Dance on the Wii with me. Neither of us "watch" the kids, they're our kids, they're with us, period. Derrick and I BOTH cook, clean and do activities with the kiddos.
  • LuckyShimmer
    LuckyShimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "Why would you drive 40km(/21 miles) in a row, are you crazy!?"

"But 5 kilometers(/ 3 miles) is such a long way, why don't you just take a bus?"

I cycle a lot and get asked these two questions the most. But, people just need to accept that I've been on a bicycle since I was a lil' kid and prefer it to any public transport device. I can actually get from spot A to spot B faster on a bike than on a bus or a tram. And it's more fun to travel with a bike :D
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    "Why do you take time away from your children to go to the gym? i could never abandon my babies like you do."...MIL...This one never fails to piss me the heck off...and i get this one often.

"Because 3 - 5 hours a week now may mean I get to spend 10 - 20 additional years with them later..."
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    them: "what is your sport?"
    me: "running"
    them: "you can't look like that from just running"

yeah, I can.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Just last week a co worker asked me about my lifting. I told her how much I could deadlift and she told me that I needed to be careful because I could twist my overies?????

She was dumfounded when I told her I was done with them anyway! LOLOLOLOL

Twisting an ovary?!
    20uy929.jpg

Seriously, where do people come up with this stuff?!

Victorian medicine would be my guess. Much like Bicycle Face.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You are too old for running. (I'm 52)

Besides, it's not ladylike.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Do you jog or run?
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Why are you watching what you eat? You're already thin."

*facepalms*

OMeffingG, I get this one ALL. THE. TIME.

Also, after I lost about 100lbs, I've decided to re-focus my goals from weight loss to muscle building and I still get "how much more weight you gonna lose?" Grrrrr!!

I really give up trying to explain anything. I had a coworker say I don't look like I lift because she can't see my definition through my uniform. Ummm...it isn't made of spandex.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    What do you do for cardio....
  • I want to be fit but I cannot be bothered to work hard.

JFDI
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    them: "what is your sport?"
    me: "running"
    them: "you can't look like that from just running"

yeah, I can.
    Mmm.. wouldn't "Running obstacle courses" be more specific? :) Your picture looks epic.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    "how much can you lift" (yes- completely void of context"

thats the best one
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i wish I could do that but i'm to old. -- I give them the stupid and try not to respond since I'm above 65
    Your to old to be running -- how do you do that? etc, etc, etc.
    The best one is when they ask who my doctor is so they can go to her for whatever she gives me. I tell them its called hard work and dedication
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    I get "surely it can't be good for you to exercise so much?" even at a lower training schedule of ~10hrs/wk. I remember who says that, so that when I'm up to full strength at 30+ hrs/wk I can watch their expressions when I tell them. ;)
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "how do you do that? i could never do tha-" stop. stop. i started from nothing and you probably can too. and i do it by hauling my *kitten* outside/to the gym and doing what i gotta do, end of story.

"are you trying to get toned?" mmmmmmmb*tchno, no using the Unholy T Slur near me. i'm trying to get ripped enough to beat up your boyfriend.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My favorite.. "How do you run?!"

My answer.. "Well, i put one foot in front of the other, kind of like walkng..but a lot faster"

Hey, running ain't easy. Before I learned how I genuinely asked that question!

I haven't really been asked any dumb questions other than the general "How do you find the time."

Time machine - i totally have a time machine.

Hermione Granger confirmed!
    time-turner-o.gif
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When i order a takeaway with the family..."I thought you were on a diet?!?!" :noway:
  • release_the_kraken
    Options
    "You must lift"
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    When my mother-in-law asked me what brand of diet pills I was taking.