Should People Be Allowed To Smoke In Public ?

Options

Replies

• 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    No. Why should I have to breath in second hand smoke? It's not my addiction.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No. Why should I have to breath in second hand smoke? It's not my addiction.

Why should I be exposed to people's shrieking children? I didn't breed. It's called "public" and nobody owns it.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I miss the good ole days...
    giphy.gif
  • idolessecstasy
    idolessecstasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people smoking in public. It really has no affect on my life. As long as they're not hurting anyone, it's not my business.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    ...like srsly...
    cary-smoke-gif-2b45c629e577731c4df84fc34f936a89.gif
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    smoking should be illegal...period

And then the government should ban fast food and mandate fat people to work out.

+1 Fatties!!!!
  • 32sami
    Options
    How should I know? I don't have shrieking kids.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "It should be illegal to be fat!"

... That hit's home doesn't it? We are on here for health reasons, yes. That being said, the government should not regulate a person's choice to be healthy or not. I am a former smoker. My wife is still a smoker. Do I wish she would quit? yes. Does it stink? yes! is it her personal choice? YES! Should I be subjected to it? If I don't like it I can walk away! If fat people offend me, I can walk away! and don't give me that "their being fat doesn't affect my health" Cause like said on here several times, the pollution in the average city is just as bad as a 5-second breath of tobacco smoke. If the smoke offends you, then walk away!

Will this post offend people? YES! but guess what, The government shouldn't regulate people's choices. I firmly agree that smokers should be polite (Don't smoke around people who don't like it). I also think people should be polite to smokers (If they are on the back porch enjoying their nicotine, then don't go out there and complain.) Should we be allowed to smoke in public? OF COURSE! People just need to be courteous in everything, not just smoking.

Sorry if you hit a nerve, and if you really wanna get this going...

Do E-cigs/Vapes get lumped in with tobacco cigs? or are they allowed privileges that smokers don't get?
  • 32sami
    Options

And then the government should ban fast food and mandate fat people to work out.

+1 Fatties!!!!
    lmao
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You know what else should be illegal....

Wearing perfume in public.

As an ex-smoker turned runner, unnatural smells in general disgust me.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    no, they should only be allowed to smoke under their bed.

Lol!:laugh:
  • 32sami
    Options

Especially that cheap Wal-Mart ****. That's nasty!!
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! Ditch the cheap perfume that fills the whole department store!
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Way to miss the point.
  • 32sami
    Options

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! Ditch the cheap perfume that fills the whole department store!
    If people want to bathe in that **** they should have the courtesy of doing it in their own home. :D
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

You joke, but the number one contributor to high health care costs in this country are conditions surrounding obesity. Not cancer. Not heart disease. Obesity. And the numbers are growing. At some point, a "fat tax" will be evaluated.
    As far as fast food goes, it was the invention of fast food restaurants that kicked off America's obesity trend. Look in the numbers. It's frightening.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ummm...yes
  • 32sami
    Options

Way to miss the point.
    Lighten up, I was just kidding lol As for the smoking thing, I was thinking more along the lines of public places. If you want to smoke outside, knock yourself out, but I stick by what I said. Why should non-smokers have to be subject to your bad habit?
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I have no problem if some one smokes in designated smoking areas. However, I don't want to be any where near smoke in non designated areas.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes; smoking should be allowed in public.
    In light of all the health concerns, I understand various government and business regulations segregrating smokers to this or that area and pretty much all those segregations lead outside.

<Shrug>
    I pretty much deal with it, but don't tell me I can't smoke in public at all. Don't be fat in public, Don't be blonde in public. Don't be a Republican in public. Don't wear tattoos in public. Don't be an a**hole in public. Don't be considerate in public. That is what the public is--a cross section of all these and an infinite number of others.

Still burns my butt that I have to walk across the road from the hospital to smoke, but I do it unless I'm on my way to my own car. (Actually,I don't smoke in my car now in honor of my husband's request, but that's another issue.)