Options

Replies

• gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    This is great. Thanks for sharing.
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really cool to see this for me right now. I am 5'1", and only on beginning (again, for the umpteenth time) my weight loss and exercise.) Highest was 1 week ago at 179 lbs and it scared the daylights out of me. Lose skin is a concern of mine. Seeing this gives me motivation and hope. thanks!
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You're my hero. Saving this so I can look at it when I am worrying about loose skin as I continue to get to a healthy weight.

Thanks for posting!!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story! I too have 2 children...highest weight of 182 (preggo) and 169 (not preggo). Your post was very encouraging and inspiring!
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for posting this for all of us. BTW, you look fabulous!
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant back to back and had stretch marks with the second (the girl, of course, gave me stretch marks - ha!) and 4 years later my skin is still tightening up and the stretch marks are still fading. It just takes time. I had a hernia repaired so I have a scar now too. I always joke that I wish the the camera technology had not improved so much just in time for my belly to look exactly how it looks in photos. I'd look like Gisele if we had old camera technology still ;)
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I especially like the party about modeling a healthy body image for your kids.
  • purplepenguins7
    purplepenguins7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! What a great post! And congrats on your success!
  • badhairday22001
    Options
    Bravo for posting this message and your personal pictures. This was just the boost I needed to my mindset today. I am on my way down in weight and have already lost 63.5 pounds from my heaviest weight. I am a work in progress, I still have a long way to go. But I have to learn to live in my skin, all of it. It is about being healthier, more active and eating to live, not living to eat.

Thank you for the reminder that battle scars come in different shapes and sizes. Loose skin for me will be a battle scar! Scars heal...
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post!! Thanks for sharing your story. Beautiful job!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for this!!!
  • wbyfan
    wbyfan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this, I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work!
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yay for you! congrats on your loss but more important (to me!) congrats on your sharing. thanks.:smile:
  • yougogirl45
    yougogirl45 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I could kiss you for posting this! Along with the guy on page 1 that told you look amazing :)

Thank you for your willingness to share your story. It was educational and inspiring!
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I've worried about sagging skin, but finally came to the realization that I just needed to get healthy. Congratulations on your success!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I too struggled with the thoughts of loose skin when I first started to lose weight. Right now, I have extra skin just about every where, but I know some of it will go away. Now I much rather have a bit of loose skin over extra weight.

Awesome progress and thank you so much for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thank You... over the course of the past 4 years I have lost 87 lbs, gone throught two neck surgeries and have saggy skin...Oh well it is still better than the unhealthy me...
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thanks for having the courage to share your story and pics with us. I'm at the stage now where I'm more accepting of my flaws so I can definitely appreciate this.

Congratulations on all your accomplishments!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    BRAVO to your bravery, attitude, and persistence and I wish you much success in your fitness goals.

*whispers* (too bad this isn't "that" kinda of thread, cuz I'd post "8/10 would bang".... but it's not... so... I won't...)
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I've evened off for about three weeks at just above my goal weight and noticed the skin shrinking. You give me hope!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!