Free pie

Options

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    MM guys who abuse minimum wage employees are SO HOT.

This.

Quailty.
    How are things in the Shire?
  • headofphat
    Options
    Or you could have, you know, got some of your own ground beef and made your own burger...
    JLBNL3K.png

eh. this reply is not even close to being witty. Lots of witty responses before yours. You should have read all of them first, then put together your reply.
  • headofphat
    Options
    My job at McD's paid my way through college. The only bad thing, well two things now that I thing about it: The poor man who had a heart attack in the lobby and died before help arrived~that was very, very sad. 2nd, the pervert who came through drive thru naked and tried to grab and pull me through the drive thru window. That wasn't much fun either. Other than those two things, I have many happy memories of my years flipping burgers! AND, I got free pie! :)

He probably could have sued McD's claiming the free pie caused his heart attack.

Why does everyone think that going through a drive thru naked is perverted? Dang! Seems logical. You don't want to get sauce on your clothes.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    PIE?! Gimme
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Oh I worked at Chick-fil-a for a while, not that hard to get an order right. But I much rather use a vegetable peeler on my whole body then go soak in a tub of lemon juice than work there ever again.

That sounds pleasant. May I watch?

Only if you bring me pie. Or cake, I will accept cake.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    note to self: bump this thread on March 14.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Or you could have, you know, got some of your own ground beef and made your own burger...
    JLBNL3K.png

eh. this reply is not even close to being witty. Lots of witty responses before yours. You should have read all of them first, then put together your reply.

Or maybe you could, you know, read all of the responses first...
    JLBNL3K.png
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's pies. :O...
  • headofphat
    Options
    JLBNL3K.png

JLBNL3K.png

oh wow, you're back. and still nothing to say.
  • headofphat
    Options

Dear lord I just realized you're a Saints fan. No wonder we don't get along.

Go Falcons!!
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Go Falcons!!

sad_face_pie.jpg

it's a pity pie.
  • headofphat
    Options

Go Falcons!!

sad_face_pie.jpg

it's a pity pie.

Is that what you had a couple weeks ago after the game?
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Nope. I was happy for y'all. Beating us was like a Superbowl victory for you.

943311_202125073273079_1429284018_n-500x472.png
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Go Falcons!!

sad_face_pie.jpg

it's a pity pie.

But is it free pie?
  • headofphat
    Options
    Nope. I was happy for y'all. Beating us was like a Superbowl victory for you.

943311_202125073273079_1429284018_n-500x472.png

that hurts. like really bad. i thought we were frienemies?
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Go Falcons!!

sad_face_pie.jpg

it's a pity pie.

But is it free pie?

One way or another, pie always costs. :wink:
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You work at McDonalds, it's not even remotely hard or mentally challenging work.

Are you kidding me? I worked at McDonalds in high school and it was one of the hardest jobs I ever had. Dealing with people like you ALL day.

The feeling is mutual.

So, you deal with McDonald's employees all day? That explains some things.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    JLBNL3K.png

JLBNL3K.png

oh wow, you're back. and still nothing to say.

I mean you could, you know, offer better input yourself...
    JLBNL3K.png
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    You work at McDonalds, it's not even remotely hard or mentally challenging work.

Are you kidding me? I worked at McDonalds in high school and it was one of the hardest jobs I ever had. Dealing with people like you ALL day.

well served!
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Why oh why did I actually click on this thread!?!?!?! Sorry but this is a rant.

The amount of derogatory comments about service employees is disgusting. I never worked at a McDonald's or any other fast food place, however I did work at several restaurants, including one I owned. What they say is true, everyone should work at a restaurant at some point in their life. A few things I've seen mentioned...minimum wage. Before you criticize the desire of restaurant employees to earn $15/hr do a bit of research on minimum wage.

"The minimum wage was designed to create a MINIMUM standard of living to protect the health and well-being of employees. Others have argued that the primary purpose was to aid the lowest paid of the nation's working population, those who lacked sufficient bargaining power to secure for themselves a minimum subsistence wage." Minimum wage was meant to ensure that big, greedy companies, like McDonald's, paid their employees enough to survive. Why? Because it will always be in their nature to try to undercut the little guy.

Here's a great tool to show you if people in your state can live on minimum wage http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/09/opinion/minimum-wage.html?_r=0 .

I used mine (MD $7.25/hr) and even with my expenses which I try to keep really low, to the point of living in a crap area, I'd be $22,364 in debt per year OR I'd have to work 60 more hours a week at a second job.

It's even worse for people who work for tips. Do you ever wonder why Europeans don't always tip, or don't get why we tip? Because they pay their servers a full wage. Waiters/waitresses make $2.13/hr. That's abysmal. As a nation we should be embarrassed that we even have wages that low. Sure they make tips, but you don't always get to keep what you earn. Some places pool tips, so you take less than you worked for. Some places make you share your tips with the kitchen staff. Others, take your tips, then pay you "a higher wage" which is still less than you'd make.

I would keep going, but I'd take up a whole page. *end rant*