Carbs and sugar?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Rachael,
    Those almond/coconut balls sound good. Can you forward the recipe? Do you have any variations without coconut in them?

nvm
  • 24inchesplease
    Options
    Sugar from fruit is amazing!!! packet with vitamins, minerals, water, energy... as long as is from fruit is 100% ok, I always go over because i eat a lot of fruit
    Actually, none of the vitamins, minerals, or water are in the sugar in the fruit.

Im talking about the vitamins, minerals and water IN FRUIT. None of this you can get in a pill that will be as perfectly adjusted for the body as in fruit. This ton of **** about fruit being bad is... well i just said, bull****.
    Which vitamins and minerals would those be exactly?
    Water, couldn't you just drink.........water?

Ok wait, are you serious? Fruit, in general, is the richest source of vitamins, that are bio available, for us, like vitamin C, one of the most important vitamin as we do not generate in our body.

So, my whole point is: Eat fruit, at least 4-5 servings a day, and the number of pills you take will decrease a lot.
    Your statement said none of those you can get from a pill that will be perfectly adjusted for your body like from fruit. Now your saying eat more fruit and you will need less vitamins. Those are 2 totally different statements.

Oh my bad, I meant PILLS won't do the work that fruit does for you. I am not a native English speaker so I may get confused haha
  • Mrsbeale11
    Mrsbeale11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That evil sugar...when will we learn.

Dont-Realize-Hurts.gif
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WeavesWife
    WeavesWife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree! I used to deprive myself to 1200 calories a day and cut out all the bad stuff and I would end up giving up and gaining the weight back. I'm doing it completely different this time. 1590 calories and I have ice cream when I want, no every day, but I do not deprive myself. Doing a lot better this time. The only group I am against is artificial sweeteners. Food is not the enemy, just how much we eat of it is and if we are sedentary. Great post!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients... Maltodextrin????

There is a BIG difference between the synthetic and the natural occurring... I would do some research if I were you before I consumed the product

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients... Maltodextrin????

There is a BIG difference between the synthetic and the natural occurring... I would do some research if I were you before I consumed the product

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group

I'd love to learn more about the chemical differences in maltodextrin depending on source.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    And I'm over here like "I just like ice cream and cake "
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

I made a reasonable statement on page one which Tigersworld choose to dispute. My statement wasn't about gaining weight or storing excess body fat on a deficit, it was simply that glucose can be converted to body fat in a deficit.

As tigersworld disputed that I assumed he thought that it really was impossible, albeit that the stored fat would be released at a later stage for fuel.

M27 did his usual jumping in on the back of a debate to try and prove me wrong and be generally condescending (which is cool), not sure he reads the previous posts before he does that though.

So are we in agreement that in a deficit glucose can be converted to body fat?
    I guess I'm not allowed to give my opinion unless asked.

Please I welcome it!

My only issue is you chip in to the debate (which is great) and ten whine about the fact we are having a debate - when you are the one that chose to join in.

You either want a discussion or debate or don't!
    No I don't whine about the debating. I simply point out that you like to debate in extremes and often debate not so much to prove a point but more to just create a debate.
    Nope - tigersworld (on page 2) claimed that glucose being converted into body fat on a deficit was impossible.

My understanding of biology is that is not the case. My understanding is that it will be stored as an immediate reaction to excessive sugar on the blood stream (when not being burnt and glycogen stores full or less storage available than glucose in the system)and then, as you have said - released later (albeit the body fat used at a later stage may not be from the glucose that has just been converted to fat).

Apparently these guys have a different thought process and I'm keen to understand what that is?

Perhaps because in that particular short time-frame immediately after 1000 calories of anything, the body is not in a deficit *at that moment*. However, if the body is in a net deficit for the entire day/other period of time, the end result is essentially the same. Any excess that was stored because of the short surplus will be utilized during the overall deficit period.

Perhaps. No relevant cites to support my beliefs here. But hopefully true, otherwise, the IF people would not only not experience any meaningful progress, but also would have markedly poorer body composition as compared to their more frequently eating brethren. Anecdotally, I simply don't believe the latter to be the case.

ETA: Oh. I see that this has been resolved now. (You'd think I would learn to read to the end of a thread before responding. Well, you'd think incorrectly if you did.)

Agree with that statement above^^^

So do agree that the body in a deficit will convert excessive glucose into body fat once it has filled the glycogen stores - and this fat is to be used as fuel at a later time?

I'm still not sure if that is your understanding or not.

Oh and it takes 2 to have a debate - if my debating offends that much, walk on by.

How, pray tell, will glycogen stores be filled in a deficit?