WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol: Congratulations on choosing a new home that will soon be yours. I hope it is a welcoming shelter and provides you with comfort and security. Tell us all about it when you can.:flowerforyou:

Brenda from MD: I hope your recovery continues to go well.:flowerforyou:

MA_B: Your doodle dash sounds like loads of fun for dogs and their humans.:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Mimi: When my kids were teens in HS, my mom’s health began to fail. My dad had already passed. A friend who worked at the senior center called us the sandwich generation. Indeed, I felt like peanut butter filling trapped between two pieces of very dry bread that were sucking the life out of me. It was a difficult time and I did my best for the kids and my mom, but fell far short of meeting the needs of my loved ones. Advice? Do your best and forgive yourself when you aren’t perfect. I hope the fires stay away from those you love. :flowerforyou:

Jane: Enjoy your homecoming next Saturday.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Your family is beautiful!:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I’m laughing at your joke, and wondering whether she killed him.:flowerforyou:

Renny: Good to see you!:flowerforyou:

We have friends who will be coming over for dinner and I need to tidy up. We haven’t seen this coupe in quite a while so I’m looking forward to the evening. We’re counting down to DH’s surgery ten days from today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the fitbit okay. It does not measure heart rate, but it does measure active minutes. I'm not quite sure how that works, but it must be continuous movement. My DH made me stop to take pictures of him during our walk yesterday and it only gave me credit for 28 active minutes on our 55 minute walk. Today I didn't stop at all and got 56 active minutes. I had 12,000+ steps for my first day. In addition to my walk, my sister and I went to Tallulah Gorge State Park and walked down the gorge to the suspension bridge. That was 320 steps down and then back. The backs of my calves and the tops of my thighs are feeling that climb today!

The interesting thing is the sleep report. It says I got 3 hours of unrest less sleep Thursday night and four hours last night. That is concerning, but I don't know what to do about it. It may explain why I am so tired.

To brag on my DH a little bit, the pictures were of him walking past the road signs to commemorate his reaching his goal of 5000 miles in 3 years. It took him 2 years and 9 months. He is 68 years old.

More later. Take care!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Gonna spend my computer time doing some weight training instead of positing.

:heart: Barbie

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a minute during half time of the football game. (OU vs W Virginia)

You go Barbie! Weights are so good for you. I love the graphic!

Michele, you amaze me with everything you get done in one day!

Have a good night everyone!

Cindy in OK
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump...

Unexpected dinner with DS#1 tonight -- great to spend some time with him.

Gail, metro Atlanta
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Friends,

Had a lovely walk in a park today. I came upon a deer and she didn't run off. I was able to get within a few feet of her.

Today still working on getting a good night's sleep so I ward off this cold that wants to take hold. I remembered to take my calcium and magnesium to help not get he leg cramps.

2014 word:contentment

:heart: MNMargaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 1-1/2 hr of Jillian Michael's Hard Body DVD Lesley - do you have this DVD? I think she has some good moves, but I personally find that musician to be distracting.

Tomorrow the plan is to do some training games on the Wii.

Joyce - you constantly amaze me with what a big heart you have!

Diane - now that you mention putting the fries in cold water before baking them, I seem to remember them mentioning it on a cooking show. Thanks for reminding me of this

Kim - I watch DWTS religiously but I have two left feet. There is no way on this green earth that I could do some of the moves they do. But I do enjoy watching the dancers

Heather - have a great day!

Carol - I wish you all the absolute best. You deserve it. Wasn't today absolutely gorgeous? I strung some popcorn, then took a break to go in the pool, then vacuumed out the spa and strung some more popcorn. Now inside to get dinner ready.

Brenda from MD- so glad you're home. Now no infection!

MA - The last time I saw JCSuperstar was before we moved to NC. In a way I'm surprised that the local theater doesn't put it on since this is the Bible Belt. Then again, rock music to Jesus Christ might be considered sacriligious here....lol Enjoy the show!

mimi - Vince just had his cataracts removed. Did they do both eyes or just one? If they only did one, when will they do the next one?

Heather - glad you had such a good time

Joyce - You would have made a GREAT model

Renny - life sure is tough when you have to buy new clothes, eh? I started using a band in the pool and kicking back then out and across my body, then back again. Boy, those were muscles that I hadn't used and I sure felt it! I keep saying but never get around to it, that I need to go to a few of the shallow water classes at the Y during the winter so that I can get ideas for exercises I can do in my pool. Wish the shallow water classes were earlier, then I'd probably do it.

Katie - yea for your hubby making the journey

Gail - hope you had a wonderful dinner!

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Yanniejannie - The blue angels some times come here for fleet week… I used to work in a building right near where they trained and you could watch them train from the office upstairs windows and it was great fun, but would not have wanted to live near….

Alison - how sad, scary…. Keeping your friend in my thoughts.

Katla – I’m with you no dancing skill, heck no music skill what so ever!

Carol - glad you found the new place, please tell all! Condo? House? Bedrooms bathrooms?????

Brenda - glad the surgery went well… and so glad your daughter is there to lend a hand….

MA – a birthday tea sounds glorious, but here would not be a guy thing…but then we don’t really do tea… I so wish my springer (Levi) could go and run and play with other dogs, I would love him to be so tired and have so much fun, but he doesn’t know how to play nice, and gets all growly and weird….

Mimi - glad you and DD are safe….

DrKatie – you mentioned the 5000 miles in 3 years.. that is amazing! Did he do it all in your area?

Well my girl friend moves in on Monday... I have my room cleaned out (2 big garbage bags for charity) the linen closet (one more bag for charity) and still have not really made any more room for her, but things are much neater and straightened up.

Went to my DN (nephew)'s football game yesterday the game started at 7pm and did not finish until 10:45pm - then drove my mom home and then the hour drive to get myself home... what a late night, I did not turn the light off until 12:30am, and I am usually a in bed by 10pm type of gal.... But they won! 45-38 and it was a good game, back and forth... I yelled and cheered and carried on, my voice is raspy today...

September goals:
    Stretch 5 minutes 8 times done 4 times
    Walk 100 miles –as off 9/14 69.33 miles….
    Do 4 errands walking (from home or a 15 minute walk from the place the car is parked)
    Do Heather’s abc balance 2 time a week – 3 done

Kim from N. California
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This board moves so fast that I can't keep up. I had a busy busy day at work on on Friday and a busy Saturday as well! Ran 8 miles this morning and then met some girl friends for 'brunch' and talked for over 2 hours. Got home in time to make chicken and dumplings for dinner and watch some Boise State football (go Broncos!). Tomorrow we are taking the puppy to the dog beach along with our 85 yo neighbor who loves to watch all the dogs romp on the beach. I am heading to a concert tomorrow night with a friend and back to work on Monday - the weekends are just not long enough!

YannieJannie - This will be my 5th half. I ran my first in October 2012. So far it is my favorite distance. I don't have any interest in doing a full marathon.

Sylvia and Leslie in UK - I think my vizsla, Hobbes, would love to romp and play with your whippet and greyhound! He is always looking for someone to run and chase with him on the beach and can rarely find anyone to keep up with him :laugh:
    Sylvia - I love the jokes!

MA_B - Hobbes would love running in the field and mud too - he gets excited just running in the muddy planters in the yard! There aren't many fields and open areas in suburban Los Angeles for dogs to run but we do have the dog beach which he loves.

Mimi - I couldn't believe the devastation in Weed! So many families lost everything. We were lucky here with the Santiago Canyon fire that it went down the area of the canyon that was remote and not inhabited - not so great for the fire fighters though! I am glad your daughter in-laws' sisters and families are all safe!

Renny - I did squats and lunges with bar bell weights with my trainer last week and it hurt to sit for three days. The only thing worse was it hurt to stand up! Not sure I want to do a squat challenge! :noway:

Barbie - you are really amazing! I loved the puppy nose picture :smile:

I have a polar loop fitness monitor - bought because it has the HR monitor but you do have to wear a chest strap with it. My daughter in Seattle also has one and we were going to share our activities like you can apparently with the Fitbit - only Polar is just now getting that implemented. It also isn't integrated with MFP or MapMyRun or my other apps but I am hopeful. I think my next one may be the iWatch but I am going to wait and see on the functionality there.

For the record - LA does have terrible traffic but I think the Washington DC/Baltimore area is worse. We don't really have bad air quality/smog anymore either other than once in a while when there are fires and the smoke doesn't move out. The air isn't fresh and clean though like in the northwest.

I hope over time I can get to know you all and become familiar with all of you... it is going to take time though!
    Shana in So California (Anaheim)
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and a beautiful ASpring day in Tasmania.
    My rest and re-feed day, roast pork and trimmings tonight
    Drove along coast to Stanley with a walk on beach, then drove to Lake Mikany and another walk around part of LARGE lake. Mildred Beagle is well tired now.
    Dietician never rang back, Will try again Monday and then give up. 3 strikes and she is OUT.
    Having a bath tonight and slather with the cream again. Does not seem to be doing anything.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Just skimmed the posts. A lot going on. I wish everyone well.

Still "down in the dumps". I'm wearing my Fitbit, but logging irregularly, so there's not much point. I'm sluggish, easily angry and seldom excited. I think I'm kind of pushing my limits, with all the stuff going on (planned and unplanned). Comfort eating and not exercising. I'm not giving up, but I'm not figuring out how to get my mojo back.

For those interested in my dog: he's not doing too badly, considering. The (strong!) antibiotics and the anti-inflammatories will be done at the end of the day today (he's had them for three weeks total). His eye generally looks normal, though still a little red, and his cornea is not totally clear. He'll see the eye doctor on Wednesday. Again, a warning for those tuning in late: think long and hard before playing with sticks (I thought I was careful, too...) If you don't believe me, Google stick injuries in dogs. My dog ended up with a huge abscess behind his eye because of a stick injury in his mouth. Vision loss was a serious possibility and he was very, very ill for a couple of weeks. I've gotten him a Kong Safestix, or you could play with other toys or a tennis ball.

He was attacked by ANOTHER German Shepherd yesterday and was limping. He seems better today. Don't get me started on those German Shepherd owners who refuse to take any responsibility for their dog's behavior. (Nothing personal to anyone owning one, but the ones we've been encountering lately have been really problematic.)

Anyway, positive thoughts and hugs are welcome, especially about getting myself back in the swing of things; I need them at the moment for some reason!

Hope everyone has a good day,
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Good morning on this sunny, breezy Sunday! The window is open and the wind is rustling the birch tree and caressing my post exercise bare skin. Delicious!:love::love:
    Managed 603 this morning with a little extra strength training. I need to eat 500 under my TDEE today to atone for all the party madness. Then I should be back on track. Still gives me 1700 to eat, so should be easy peasy.:bigsmile:

Lesley - hope your rash gets better soon. What a drag!

Mimi - I've been reading about the fires on the net. Horrible. Sending love and hugs!

Katla - I'm counting down the days to your DH'S op with you. :flowerforyou: Our loved ones in pain is such stress. Thank you for your compliment about my lovely family. That was taken by DS#2 in their kitchen before the party started. The cake on the table is a big ladybird, from a supermarket with cupcakes and individual named piping. Fantastic value compared to a commissioned one. The print on the wall is by Patrick Heron, the painter whose house, Eagles Nest, I love so much at Zennor, Cornwall.
    I had a lovely time, but ate too many canapés and drank too much Prosecco. DS had three different beers on tap, (he manages a start up brewery). My ex husband was there and, because my own DH wasn't there, I spent most of the time talking to him and his 12 yr old daughter. That was nice. We parted amicably, but it always is awkward when partners are around, but neither of ours were there so we could chat without feeling we were upsetting anyone. His daughter is a delight and we spent our time passing the birthday one year old between us. She rose to the occasion and only got grouchy around 6pm, her normal bath time.:love: It was a big party of family and friends.:heart:
    I texted DS#1 on the way there to say we would miss him and he answered to say his new meds were much better so he is improving.:heart: He has been invited by my ex to spend Christmas with them in their rented house in France. Happy for him.:love:

It was great to meet my friend for lunch in London and I bought two light sweaters, one purple and one magenta, and a long sleeved t shirt in black stripes with a red yoke. Will wear that in NYC and maybe the purple sweater in the evening.

DDIL in the photo gave us a bottle of champagne as a thank you for looking after the grandchildren recently. And a lovely card painted by DGS.:love: He spent the whole party dressed in a spiderman suit, rolling on the floor with his cousin who was dressed as superman. They kept their hoods on throughout and it was a very warm day! The other granny was quite worried by the rough play, but she had two girls and a boy and I had two boys so had seen it all before! ! ! :laugh:

Love to all. Heather in flowery and sunny Hampshire UK
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Gray and drizzle here, 71...........the rain was supposed to stay off the coast. Yesterday I ended up raking and bagging the trimmings from the bushes in light drizzle.......three of those huge leaf bags!!! DH came out and held the bags open for me and squashed the stuff down. I must say I'm very pleased about how I can handle the electric trimmer these days; I used it for probably 45min. w/o having to stop or rest my arms (although they are a bit sore today) and could have never managed that a couple years ago w/o several rest periods. The front looks neat again, for a few weeks anyway. I do like the look of nicely trimmed bushes!!! Slept a solid 7hrs..........yay! Hope the drizzle passes as I have a small school race to help time early this afternoon, one of my favs. as it is one DD did for years.

MA..........the doodle dashes sound like tons of fun and I'm sure you meet lots of nice dog owners at them.

Mimi..........Kudos to the animal rescue person! Hope everyone you know stays safe and no one is harmed. I am very well acquainted with the "sandwich generation" term..........although, frankly, at times, I thought it was more a vise. My mother, with dementia, lived with us from when my DD was in second grade until sixth............so, I had a child in elementary and a heartbreakingly declining 86 to 90 yr. old, made for some difficult decisions (and a lot of tears) affecting all of us. Also trying to manage her home 8hrs. away. My mom died here in my home. In these situations, you simply do the best you can. Good luck and ((((hugs)))).

Heather.............Happy you had a great time and especially that your DS1 is doing better. That cake is adorable! Love the pic too---you all certainly are marvelously photogenic!

Kim............Congrats to your nephew! What position does he play? I watched bits of Va. Tech lose again; this time a heartbreaker to Ga. Tech. Not sure the air show will go on today if the low ceiling doesn't lift........there will be lots of disappointed kids if it doesn't, as it was cancelled last year.

Shana...........Congrats on your four halfs and the one to come! Best of luck for a fun race. We have good air here at sea level on this coast
    unless the wind is from the west and there is a swamp fire burning!

Cynthia............I think some dogs can sense when another dog is weakened or not quite right. My last basenji was attacked in a dog park and I never took her back...........she had a club paw and was attacked by a supposed coyote/dog mix. Hope your mojo finds it's way back!!

Time for tea, reading the paper, then shower!
    Best to everyone else!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie: It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Is unrestless sleep the same as deep sleep? I’ve never used a Fitbit. My iphone supposedly tracks movement, but I don’t place any faith in the numbers it generates.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Enjoy your weight training.:flowerforyou:

Kim form N CA: Is your friend moving in permanently or for a temporary stay? In either case, I wish you good luck. I hope you find that you are compatible.:flowerforyou:

Shana in Anaheim: Welcome. I hope you’ll become a regular around here.:flowerforyou:

Lesley in Tasmania: We’re having seasonal changes the other direction. The days are still summer temperatures, but the sunrise is coming later every morning and sunsets are earlier. Some of the trees are turning color, too. We often have long, mild late summer weather before the rainy season sets in, and this year we’re having wildfire issues because it has been so dry. So far the fires near here haven’t sent smoke our way and I haven’t heard of anyone losing a home in our part of the state yet. I hope that continues to be true. People in the southern part of the state have had it worse and some have lost homes.

Heather: The ladybird cake with cupcakes is charming, and a great idea for a kid’s party. I’ve come to prefer cupcakes because of their value in helping with portion control. I’m glad you were able to have a positive conversation with your ex. I’m happy to hear your DS#1’s new meds are helping. That is excellent news. I can picture Spiderman and Superman rolling on the floor. Good memories for them and you were made.:flowerforyou:

We had friends over for dinner last night, and enjoyed their company very much. We served grilled salmon, steamed new potatoes and salad. I bought a watermelon but it had obviously been previously frozen and we threw it all away. Luckily we had a bit of cheesecake available to take its place for dessert.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Happy Oktoberfest Sunday to everybody,:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I am not a beer drinker, but I like the tradition of the Oktoberfest, I lived for a few years in Munich and like everybody else I had my favorite tent and food there. I even owned a beautiful dirndl, which I got rid off somewhere along the line when living in the States. which was stupid because it would probably still fit me..

So the food not the beer will be the problem when I am headed for the Hofbraeuhaus today to mix with other expatriates and tourists.

Yesterday I picked up the book “Salt, Sugar, Fat” from the library and read a little bit. So far I find it as fascinating as some of John Grisham’s books about the justice system. :heart:

Listening to the news this morning, there was a small item about fad diets and the anchorman said from all research the Mediterranean diet is still the most effective.

September was not a successful month for me so far. I am still exactly at the same weight like I was at the beginning of the month. So mixing up my activities had no positive effect. Unfortunately I also was not able to get my insomnia under control and an article I read about the hormone cortisone seems to confirm my suspicion that this is the main source of my inability to drop more weight.

I am certainly active enough and do not overeat, on the contrary I may not eat enough, but I am so conditioned now to the amount of food I am eating, that I do not want to eat more. And all my vitals, as far as I can detect myself, are okay.

Reading through your posts I find it very interesting that those of you, who live in the eastern part of the US seem to shop at Aldi. We do not have Aldi here in the West, we have Traders Joe. Both companies are German and while Traders Joe used to be cheaper for many items than American supermarkets, the main reason people shop there, is because the food is healthier. I wonder, if this is the case with Aldi too? I never shopped at Aldi in Germany because it did not have such a good reputation then.

Again my best wishes to those of you who deal with health problems themselves or in their family, get better soon. I am also glad to read that even you , who are mostly dog owners, are upset with other dog owners, who are not willing or able to control their dogs. It is a constant frustration for me while I bike or walk.

I am putting on my running shoes to head outside for one of my lame jogs.

Anne in the little bit cooler in the morning desert
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Anne - when I was in Palma, Majorca, they had an Oktoberfest! ! ! ! I had one of the best times of my life! The band, called Red Banquet was fantastic and we so enjoyed seeing little Japanese girls with steins bigger than they were! Everyone was so friendly and the party atmosphere was terrific. We stumbled on it by accident and liked it so much we went back the following night. I still have the menu/advert on my guest lavatory door.:bigsmile:

Yanniejannie - you are so great with all your community spirit and volunteering!:flowerforyou:

Well, we are getting organised for our trip. DH is reading the guide book at last and we were checking out the transportation system. We will probably buy 7 day metrocards so we can just jump on and off buses and metro. That way we can rest our legs and see something of the suburbs. We bought online 2 vouchers for a 5 day pass to nearly all the museums plus the boat trip round Manhattan and water taxi. Can't decide whether to do the round trip or the Harbour Lights in the evening. It also enables you to fast track into the museums. Getting excited now! We will probably go to the gospel service at Times Square Church on Sunday at 10 am, before we head back to the airport. I am pretty sure I can negotiate public transport from the airport, but I am taking a big suitcase so may have to resort to an expensive Taxi. Will look more closely at the buses.

Had a gardening afternoon picking the last of the basil to make pesto to freeze. Also picked sorrel for a sauce for sea bass tonight and freeze half. Then we grubbed up the bean plants, composted and sowed perennial spinach, winter scallions and lambs lettuce for winter salad. Also sowed some curly parsley. When we get back from holiday the broad beans will go in. Looking forward to spring already! Can't get the bulbs in just yet as our geraniums, begonias and dahlias are still putting up an impressive show in our only pots. Could buy some more pots I suppose.:ohwell: It's sad when I have to turf out a healthy plant. A visit to the garden centre calls!

Love to all. I don't watch it, but a new Downton starts tonight.:flowerforyou:

Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Heather,

partying in Majorca is fun, period. You do not need an Oktoberfest. Miss it.

I went to that Gospel service, it is a little bit touristy, but still interesting. Well, I took whole tour groups there myself.

Be careful with the taxis at the airport. Most people have their first negative experience in New York, being ripped off by taxi drivers.
    There used to be some supervisor who would hand out tickets how much it should cost to your destination. I had a lot of problems with that working for a tour company, people understandably were very upset if they found out that they paid way too much getting into to town. Pickpockets at the airport was another problem.

Anne
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I've be madly searching the house today for my mat cutter and FINALLY found it! I practically turned the house upside down before I found it. We got a 20" x 30" print of one of hubby's photos of Mt Ranier (SAMs club for $9!) and went to Michaels to price glass and a mat. We already had a nice frame to put on it. Well, they wanted nearly $400 just for glass and mats! Hubby nearly died of sticker shock. So we bought a piece of glass that just happened to be the right size already for $10, and two pieces of mat board for $6 each and I'm going to cut the mats myself. I haven't done it in years, so will do some practice pieces first before I tackle the big one.

We are having the kids over this afternoon to ride bikes. We got a different set of training wheels for the oldest's bike as the other set keep bending. I hope the new ones work better. I finally got a bike helmet of my own, too, so I can finally ride my bike along with them. We are having waffles for dinner. The grandson has been begging for them.

It was time for the dogs heart worm pills, and Bruno hates taking them, so I have to crush it and mix it with something - this time it was peanut butter - then hubby holds him upside down and I pry his mouth open and put it in, then hold his mouth closed till he swallows it. It's an ordeal, and afterward he pouts, but soon he will be back to his happy-go-lucky self.

Heather, metro cards are a good plan. I just love to take city busses when I go to a new city. You see so much more that way. When we were in Stockholm we did that, and rode all kinds of trains, busses and subways. I loved it. I've never known anybody who has a good relationship with their ex. Is that even legal?

Anne, Octoberfest has never appealed go me, as I don't drink and don't care for German food. The music and dancing might be fun to watch, though. I once went to a wind festival in Athens, and it was awkward because I wasn't drinking any wine.

We have Aldi's here and Trader Joes in Kansas City. I like both, but think that Trader Joes is a little more "upscale" and "yuppie". There's not much I can get at Aldi's that is low salt, but Trader Joes has several things that are low salt.

Well, I have got to get busy. I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Sylvia

Here is today's joke of the day:

:happy:

A lady was walking down the street to work and she saw a parrot on a perch in front of a pet store.

The parrot said to her, "Hey lady, you are really ugly." Well, the lady is furious!

She stormed past the store to her work.

On the way home she saw the same parrot and it said to her, "Hey lady, you are really ugly." She was incredibly ticked now.

The next day the same parrot again said to her, "Hey lady, you are really ugly."

The lady was so ticked that she went into the store and warned she would sue the store and kill the bird. The store manager replied profusely and promised he would make sure the parrot didn't say it again.

When the lady walked past the store that day after work the parrot called to her, "Hey lady."

She paused and said,"Yes?"

The bird said, "You know."

:laugh:
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Sylvia - I met my ex on my 18th birthday on my first day at university and we were a couple all through. I missed my graduation because I was on honeymoon. We were both at fault over the divorce and although we tried over several years and several mini separations and reunions we could not repair the hurt. We went to marriage guidance and actually finally decided to divorce on a couple's therapy weekend. We were very happy and relieved at the time and both felt it was the right thing. Afterwards I regretted it and grieved greatly for a long time. He is basically a good man, though a little weak, and we were together as a couple for 27 years. It took us four years to actually get divorced as neither of us wanted to hurt the other. He and his parents often feature in my dreams and my children are their younger selves. I rarely dream of the present. I often call my present wonderful DH by my ex's name. He is used to it, though other people find it weird! DH has never called me by his beloved late partner's name until last week.! I was much amused and took it as a compliment! ! !
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    sorry I didnt check in this morning, have been running around like crazy up until a little while ago.. went on a cleaning jag(much needed) as we are having people over next weekend for my brothers birthday. dusted ,,did laundry, cleaned over the door jams as DH plans on painting.. went to the store,and out to see DFIL .. to say I am bushed is an understatement.
    had a nice dinner out last night, had broiled scrod,,salad,no dressing, 1 slice of bread:grumble: and water for dinner..
    it rained here most of the morning,but we needed it, the grass isnt so crunchy now..
    have DH lunch all set for tomorrow.. and he is going between Nascar race and football. both not much I am interested in...
    did make the sliders for next weekend,put 12 to a pack and froze them, made 27 of those, bought 8 hot dogs, hot sausage and I will grill that and make sausage and peppers too.
    trying to figure out what to have with it, someone is bringing chips and dip, probably need a couple of salads, there will only be 12 people so it isnt a huge shin dig