Skinny Dating

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

You can't demand in a partner something that you yourself cannot offer.

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

I agree with the others: join an activity group.

Truth hurts. You are right.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Dude if you have been divorced 5 times maybe dating/marriage isn't for you.

might want to read that again
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    running club
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Dude... he said he was divorced for 5 years... NOT 5 times... LOL, you are so funny! :laugh:
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

oh my bad
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Well he replace years with times.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    5 YEARS not times... :laugh:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but a website called Meetup.com is great to find groups that do anything you can think of. Or you can even start your own group for whatever hobby or interest. It is a great site to explore different activities and such.

Also, depending upon where you are in the world, there are activity groups that are around (I'm sure) that you can sign up for, and just go out and do stuff. Some groups regularly meet, others are sporadic. You will only find a true partner if you aren't looking. So you might as well have fun while you're "not looking" and you might run into someone that you click with who have common interests.

Edit: I remembered another website for you to look at. Lotsofevents.com.

I have looked at meetup.com. That site has all different types of social events going on. I haven't been to one yet. They again I have not really been out that much lately.

If you decide to go to a Meetup event make sure to stay in close contact with the event host. I once thought I was going to find a fine man at a German Meetup and I was the only one that showed.

I also run a Meetup group, and the idea of hosting an event and not showing up is just rude and un-called for to me. There's always tons of people at our events.

Just talk to the event host. Some people buy those groups because they're bored and have too much money on their hands, some actually run really interesting and fun gatherings.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    190px-Playbook_cover.jpg
    \m/

Shouldn't this say "How I Met Your Brother"?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    MFP. Greatest dating/hook up site on earth.

MFP, where married women go to get there jollies

don't forget the married men, too.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

You misread that. He said he's been divorced for 5 years, not divorced 5 times.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

Can't say I agree with that. I'm 5'5" and weigh 125 pounds, am fairly fit and dated a guy who was 330. Different strokes for different folks....
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Can't say I agree with that. I'm 5'5" and weigh 125 pounds, am fairly fit and dated a guy who was 330. Different strokes for different folks....

THIS ^^^
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options

oh my bad

Hahaha! I misread stuff like that all the time XD...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:

Try being a woman over 40 :sad: :sad:

I haven't had a boyfriend in over 2 years :mad: :explode:
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    People hook up on MFP? Shocking :noway:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Well. .then reply to my damn messages I keep sending you on OKC!. . lol. .
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    Interested in Obstacle Course Racing?

kiss.jpg

A lot of single and fit people enjoy training for them and participating in them. Worse case scenario is you get really fit, make some new friends and have a great time.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

Well. .then reply to my damn messages I keep sending you on OKC!. . lol. .

I gotta say that's one cesspool I'd rather stay out of. Bad enough I was on PoF for 6 months :grumble:

Let me tell you about the guy who got so drunk on our date that he got a DUI on the way home and called me from jail :explode: