Can men and women maintain a platonic relationship?

Options

Replies

• leomcdee
    leomcdee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Couple of my best friends are men. But then I am basically a dude with boobs. My husband is totally cool with whoever I hang out with, because he trusts me. And vice versa. He can be friends with whoever he wants. Unless she's really hot, then I'm gonna kneecap her if she so much as looks at him.

Just kidding...
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'll repeat myself. Yes and no.
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you are a woman: yes

If you are a male: probably not
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my best friend is a man
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Of course they can, my best friend is female and I've lived with her for 6 years.
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Of course. I have a platonic relationship with lots of men.

hehe
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    YES! If they aren't attracted to one another. :P
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    _Waffle_ always makes me hungry

_Waffle_ makes me hungry too ;)
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, some of my best friends are male.
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    I think it CAN be done, but probably easier when you're happily married to someone who isn't jealous.

I agree with this... I have a platonic friendship with my best friends husband, but my husband is the jealous type... The type that thinks that there is no such thing as being just friends with another guy without there being anything sexual.. and I mean every single one of my guy friends he thinks that about.. I have been friends with guys for years with nothing going on.. Especially during my go kart racing days... ALL of my friends were guys and nothing sexual going on at all.. but if the tables were turned and we were talking about him being friends with girls.. then that would be ok in his book... its a double standard..

Bwahahahaha
  • brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think so. I've had male friends who I had no attraction to- I can't say if they've been attracted to me, but I've had entirely platonic feelings for males. It depends on when you met, how you met, etc.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Of course they can!
  • Forestgirly
    Forestgirly Posts: 2,700 Member
    Options
    I Believe it's possible and some of my friends are guys but the point is always one person have crush on one another that don't show ..
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article the other day about this and nope its not possible. Maybe for a little while but eventually one of the two would want more.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My first wife and I did for over a year.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, they can, at least for a while. But if there is any kind of sexual spark between them, even if just on one person's side, it can be very tough.
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It can be done if at least one person is not attracted to the other. If 1 person is attracted to the other, he/she will remain in the "friend zone" if the feelings aren't mutual. ;)
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    TxLisa251 wrote: »
    It can be done if at least one person is not attracted to the other. If 1 person is attracted to the other, he/she will remain in the "friend zone" if the feelings aren't mutual. ;)

This is so right. It's very hard to be friends with someone you're attracted to.
  • Forestgirly
    Forestgirly Posts: 2,700 Member
    Options
    rippin2U wrote: »
    TxLisa251 wrote: »

This is so right. It's very hard to be friends with someone you're attracted to.

I'm friends with someone who has feelings for me at least I know but I don't feel bad he is like my bro and I told him that