WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth: You’re right that the basics work for weight management. My stationary bike is an important element in my system because it allows me to burn excess calories when I go over my allowed goal. The bike is in the garage and I can use it day or night, in any weather. That way I seldom go to sleep without “paying” for what I’ve eaten. Good luck getting back on track. A wii, jump rope or hand weights could be made to do a similar job for you if you don’t have a stationary bike. My bike is a street bike on a “trainer.”:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I think you can claim several hundred calories for the effort and stress involved in breaking up a dogfight. Good luck getting the government to take one check for two different renewals. I love the golfing joke and will send it to a friend with a golfing husband.:laugh: :flowerforyou:

Heather: Safe travels! I hope you have a wonderful adventure and decent weather.:flowerforyou:

Brenda: I am so sorry for your daughter’s loss. I think Barbie has wonderful advice. Your daughter will need to work out her grief in her own way and on her timetable. Your patient acceptance of her feelings will be a comfort.:heart::flowerforyou:

Mimi: You are a wise mother-in-law to withhold advice when your DSIL is in charge of the girls’ morning routine.:flowerforyou:

Sue in SD: Thank you for your kind thoughts. I will have my son waiting with me, and that is all I need. I didn’t want to wait alone. On another subject, I’ve found a riding instructor and will start lessons on 10/10. I’m looking forward to some quality time with a horse.:love::flowerforyou:

It is time for me to start dinner. We are expecting our son to arrive this evening, but I want dinner on time. If he’s here, great, and if he’s late, we’ll warm his up for him. We leave for the hospital before 5 am tomorrow morning and hope to be home tomorrow afternoon.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    I thought my computer said the thread was closed, but there was no link to the continuation. Maybe I'm the first poster!

I really want candy but am trying hard to persevere by reading posts, watching the Voice, and doing my physical therapy.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Yay! I was number one in part three.

It doesn't take much to excite me. Back to PT.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I never eat candy, but am staring at a jar of M&Ms right now!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie - You were not the only one confused by the lack of a link to the new topic. There was not one there the first time I looked, either.

I'm pretty much here just to catch up reading and to mark my place.

Good night!

Carol in NC
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bumping in!
    Gail, metro ATL
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: finishing off a really busy weekend, but all is well. I will be back another day to post. Just wanted to keep my spot.

Renny
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends.

Barbie: My sympathy to you and Jake. :heart:

Michele: About the Audible version of "Brain Grain" -- it is 8 hours long! :noway: I am listening to it now and just trying to plow through it so I can move onto another book. The anecdotes are good, but the technical explanations of gluten's effect on brain, inflamation of the gastro-intestinal system and a myriad of other symptoms are very hard to assimilate. :angry: The author has a website with alot of the key resources and information: drpermutter.com. If you read everything there and still want more, then I'd get the book.

I'm glad to be home, back on my routine, feeling healthy again after a visit to the chiropractor. :drinker: :happy: :drinker: Next trip is next weekend to North Platte, Nebraska. Might squeeze in some antiquing while in the area.

Stay well, stay strong. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of "10 Minute Solution Butt Lift" DVD, held my plank for 2 min 35 sec and then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do some incline intervals on the treadmill. Before going to the extremepump class I stopped at Lowe's Foods because they have the low sodiuim cottage cheese that I like

After going to the Y I have to go to the dentist and then we have a Newcomer board meeting.

Joyce - you had some wonderful suggestions for Brenda. You always have such great insight. Wonderful idea with the ornament

Alison - good idea to give your dad a membership to AAA

katla - to me, there are a lot of smokers in NC. But then again, to me there are a lot of smokers everywhere. But NC is known for growing tobacco. I guess not much else grows in this stupid red clay. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they start growing pot once they see the tax revenue that Colorado is experiencing. Of course, sometimes they're so slow to do things, it might take them forever to do it. Who knows? When we first moved to NC about 7 years ago, we were really surprised to see that you could still smoke in restaurants! I think NC was one of the last strongholds. You can't anymore (thank goodness) I found the dijonnaise at WalMart. It's made by Hellman's. Sending good thoughts for your hubby

Beth - it must be so hard to watch your son in pain. Prayers for you both.

I went out to get the paper this morning and when I came in Vince was awake. He's NOT an earlybird at all, so that surprised me. He said that Loki had another seizure. Now this one was a bit atypical. For one thing, it happened in the morning, usually they are around dinnertime. Also, this one happened upstairs, usually he must feel them coming on and he heads downstairs. Sometimes he doesn't make it all the way, but you can tell he was trying to get downstairs.

Sylvia - what a dogfight you were in! Glad you weren't hurt worse. Great joke

Carol - I do hope those people buy your place. Keeping everything crossed for you. Breakstone is the only manufacturer that I know of that makes a low sodium cottage cheese. I used to be able to get it at WalMart, but they've evidentally discontinued it but now Lowe's carries it.

Barbie - I must have missed about Jake's brother. My deepest sympathies.

mimi - whenever I eat off track, I feel "yukky". You are so right. Then why do we do this to ourselves?

Sue in SD - congrats on not gaining weight on the steriods. What an accomplishment

Alison - I agree, you need to see a doctor.

Went to mahjongg tonight, maj'd once only. The gal whose house we usually have it at will be away so it'll be at my house for the next two weeks. Plus, the second week, the next day I'm hosting Rummikub here. Oh well...gonna get things out of the way.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I stayed away from the cashews that Jake bought for his friend and him to eat during the baseball game yesterday and then Jake sent the rest of the jar home with his friend so the danger passed. Today a woman celebrating her birthday brought bags of homemade chocolate peanut butter candy balls and offered them to everyone at the meeting. She was amazed when we declined them and couldn't understand anyone turning down a homemade sweet. later I hear someone say, "Oh, Martha, your ruined my diet". I am so glad I don't think that way anymore.

They cut down a huge tree (over 100 feet high) behind the house next door and I stood outside and watched in fascination while they did it.

Barbie from beautiful NW Washingtonsmiley-happy093.gif
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just popping ladies to say hi and am still on track lost almost 40 lbs. Doing the logging...thanks for all the kudos and support it is amazing !
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Did all our shopping and bought a chicken pie and danish for lunch. Raining hard so came home to eat. OOPs did not mean lunch to be 710 cals. Will NOT do that again
    Today's calories are 1932 after yesterdays low. Was going to have supper but NO cals left.
    Printed all my meal and exercise sheets for the week for dietition tomorrow.
    Good thing is NO headache today.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Up early and about to have breakfast and get my exercising done.:bigsmile:
    I sort of slept,- better than I feared. :drinker: DH had a pretty good night.

I hate this bit of the journey. Always feel better once I've dropped off the bags at the airport.

Will soon be across the pond and taking in all the sights and sounds of NYC.:happy:

Good luck DH of Katla! ! ! !

Heather, still in Hampshire UK:tongue:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Katla is it you that hubby is going in for surgery? sorry I didnt write it down...hoping for the best and a speedy recovery
    had my slimming tea last night and that took care of the bloating:blushing: but still feel like I have a stitch in my side..i am wondering if it might be my gall bladder? well if it doesnt go away will give the dr a jingle and schedule an appt. DH leaves thursday, and I get my alotted 20.00 cash weekly,so we was going to leave me 40.00 since he will be gone for 10 days, I am going to ask for 100.00 as I just want to have it on hand, and dont want to be without..I can use the debit card if needed,but have to get permmisson first.. he is anal about money.. which for us I guess is a good thing.
    thinking of everyone going through tough times and hardships, sending my best to ya'll:heart::drinker:
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Morning from sunny Gloucester, UK