WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has a wonderful happy healthy day!!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Working today will try to come back later today.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just popping in. The funeral was rough but the DGD's did OK. My daughter and their father are divorced but still civil and the twins grandmother was a huge part of their life, she was a fine lady and will be missed.
    I am feeling overwhelmed with all I've taken on lately but am hanging on. I have my ab routine ready for today and have added some ne oblique exercises to it. I've also got one (hopefully solid) water aerobic routine ready. I sure wish I could have found some noodles for class but every store I went to had none left.
    I told the Y I was teaching at LA Fitness, my boss is suppose to talk to her boss and see what is said. I've worked there for close to 9 years now and still make minimum wage, I understand it is a non profit and that most of those years I've only worked say 3 hrs a week but I paid my own way to become a personal trainer and I also want to retire from my full time position as soon as possible so the money I make matters more now. I can't believe the difference in pay between the two places. I plan to pick up as many classes as a sub as I can and will try to get on sub list for some of the other classes as well. My boss at the Y is going to ask to be able to give me a raise too.
    Sorry I haven't read the posts, I hope everyone is doing well. Thoughts and prayers to those struggling.
    Take care, Patty Cincinnati OH
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wow, how quickly our thread moves!!! Sunday was wonderful; we opened Busch Gardens, had a super day, and were among the last to leave. Saw wonderful musical shows, did rides (the only ones I won't do are roller coasters---I'm happy to be the "holder of belongings"), and walked through all the haunted, scary events. Even got our faces painted with scary make-up!! I had almost 23,000 steps!!!!! Had NO problem sleeping Sunday night.........but still only 6hrs. Yesterday was "catch up" around the house, then a race planning meeting in the evening.

Heather............Bon voyage!!! May NYC be all you are hoping and more!

Katla...............Good luck to your DH. Very glad you have someone with you to ease the wait a bit. Will be thinking of you all day. Let us know how things are when you can. (((Hugs!!!!)))

Cindy...........Brian is as adorable as I imagined!!! What a little bundle of joy!

Brenda...........How tragic..........add my condolences and ((hugs)) for your family. You have had excellent advice to choose from; tons of good suggestions and ideas. A couple from me, which pretty much echo a lot of what has been said: Don't totally ignore your own anniversary; even if it's a small, private marking of the day. Let your DD set the "pace"----ask her what she'd like to do, if anything, on their day. I don't know what kind of budget you were thinking of.........taking her someplace local might appeal to her...........lots of state parks have comfortable cabins to rent at very reasonable rates and fall is a wonderful time for a few quiet days with walks in the colors............or a botanical garden............or maybe Chincoteague or other shore destination, you don't seem to be too far from there---it's the "off season" and not as touristy and the ocean is a great healer.

Barbie............My condolences to you and Jake also............I'm sure it's especially difficult for him to not be around his relatives in Ohio at this time.

Sylvia...........Loved the "test" joke.

Patty............You are one busy woman!!!! I think the Y owes you a big raise
    nonprofit or not!!!!!!!!

Diane............I've had excellent luck with a car I bought off Craigslist.........make up a good list of questions for the seller and arrange to take any possibilities to a good mechanic before purchasing. I also think it's time for you to consider some "tough love"; set (and keep) a firm limit on when you are available and for just how many more days you are going to be her driver.

Beth............Oh, your poor son! Keep us posted on him, please. Hope he's feeling better by now!

Off for tea and newspaper and watering the garden.............my little tomatoes are still giving me a couple a day!

Best to all I missed!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic.............fog early, sun and 70's today
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Sitting in Heathrow, waiting to go to the gate.:bigsmile:

Had a nice slimming noodle and chicken soup for lunch. Clear broth with chillies. Didn't eat the chillies!

DH is a bit stressed, but will be fine. He hates planes as he is claustrophobic.

See you much later.:tongue:

Heather x x x x
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    Cooler temps here-50 out.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Popping in to save my place.

Alison, if you don't feel better soon, please get to a doctor.

Heather, safe travels!

Be good to yourselves everyone!

Cindy in OK
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Katla - Thoughts are with you and your hubby today!

Heather - Safe journeys!

Alison - It is unlikely that your left side is your gallbladder. It is on the right near your liver. I have endometriosis on my left side and it sometimes feels like a stitch (maybe because it is like a stitch in that it has adhered things that aren't supposed to be connected) and is incredibly painful if I have bloating/gas. If it doesn't get better soon, please see a doctor. Thee are lots of things it could be.

I need to make some phone calls about my house today. I need to at least see what it would cost to fix a crack in the brick. The viewers yesterday were very interested until they saw the crack. My realtor is going to check with their realtor to see if they would be interested in making an offer contingent upon the repairs being done. Crossed fingers that it is a minor crack and nothing serious!

I'm off to do the part of my job that is trained monkey work--folding newsletters. I'm going to put on a comedy routine or something from Spotify and be entertained while I do it.

Carol in delightfully cool although cloudy NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm stuck at home today. I was having a dream that I was on a small boat in a rough ocean and I was dizzy and queasy. Well, I woke up and was dizzy and queasy. I ate breakfast and showered (carefully) and felt some better, so I went to walk the kids to school. Afterward went to the gym, where I met up with hubby, and got so dizzy I couldn't finish. We left my van at the Y and he drove me home. I feel fine till I stand up or move my head. Blood pressure is fine, so it's not that. Hubby wondered if it was low blood sugar, but I had frosted mini wheats for breakfast, like I always do, so I think I had plenty of sugar. So, it's a good thing my van is 8 miles away. I don't use good judgement sometimes, so I'd be out driving around. He will take me to pick it up this evening. But I will miss out on walking the kids home after school today.

So, I'm going to lie down for a while. Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep.

Have a great day, everyone!

Sylvia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Just bumping in!

Heather ... so excited for you ... enjoy your trip. I live in NY and have to confess I've never been to NYC :huh:

Katla ... prayers for DH today.

Alison ... your patience with your DH continues to amaze me ...

Carol ... hoping for a contingency offer and a low cost repair for the brick.

Lesley ... yay! No headache!! That's a big thing around my house!!

Son is on day two of a really nasty migraine ... but stomach has finally settled down. Just picked up more prednisone ... this seems to be the most effective treatment right now when he gets a migraine. Hoping it reduces it enough that he can go to school tomorrow.

I've come down with some weird virus ... blister-like redness on the roof of the mouth, but not the throat. Chills, feel like I'm going to get a sore throat, but don't have one. Was describing to DH and he said he had experienced the same thing last week but never said anything!! It lasted a few days for him. I'll give it another day or two to see if it leaves on its own. Only good thing is it makes eating uncomfortable ... now how's that for timing with someone who wants to get back on the wagon?? :laugh:

Have a good day ladies!
    Beth
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Katla - prayers for your DH today. :heart:

Heather - safe flight and can't wait to hear all about your daily outings.

Beth - hope your soreness in your mouth goes away quickly and your son finds relief soon

Lesley - very interested in hearing what the dietician has to say.

Sylvia - hope you're feeling much better with no dizziness when you awaken.

Carol - praying for good news concerning the crack and that the people are still interested. I don't think it's unusual for people to be willing to make an offer and include repairs as part of the deal. If someone really likes the house and the repair is fixed, I don't see a problem with doing that. When we bought our house there were several things that needed to be done first. The sellers agreed and issues were addressed to our satisfaction.

Cindy - Brian is adorable. :love:

Welcome to the new(er) ladies. :flowerforyou:

Sitting at my desk at work trying to keep my eyes open. :yawn: I didn't sleep well last night so this morning I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep for another couple of hours. Called my boss and told her I would be in a few hours late so got here about 11:30. I probably would have taken the whole day off but I have an important meeting from 3:00 - 4:30. May have to resort to coffee right before the meeting. :ohwell:

We are planning a trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina starting on Oct. 18th for a week. We've been looking at things to do and day trips to Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA sound like something we would like. Hoping for nice weather so we can do some kayaking, biking and walking the beach. The crowds should all be gone so will enjoy the less hurried pace.

Tina in MD
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Bump to mark my place. Sue in SD
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Well I had this started once and had made some commets and now it is just gone. So Sorry about that as not going to start over. I am having one of those days. The people in the house next door (they have not been there a month) dicided to stay up alnight with company. The back deck is right across from my bedroom window. So that kept me awake and finally around 1:30 I went out to the sofa, but didn't help alot. This last weekend just flew by, but I did get my rock garden dug out and the liner put down. The rocks we had that we put back in only filled about 1/4th of it, so going to see if I can get some white rock to finish it. Then yesterday I mowed the yard. It takes me about 3 hours as we have a double lot. I got over 17,000 steps. Weigh in this morning was not good and I am trying not to let it get me down. Like someone said, when you fall off the wagon the important thing is to get back on.

Syliva--Great NVS at the theater. I bet you looked so nice. I know what you mean about fiting in chairs now. I am surprised when I go and not have to push myself in and have everything hurt. WOW!! I am so glad you were not hurt any worse. How scary! If you are not feeling less dizzy

Katla--congrates on getting signed up for your riding lessons. Sounds like alot of fun.

Joyce--I love the gag gift deal with your DB. When my dad was alive we had this ugly turkey plater we passed around. Whoever got it got to pick who would get it the next year. And we would wrap it up fancy. Thanks for giving me that memory. Great ideas for the display.

Heather--I just love hearing about your trip and getting ready. I am so excited for you. I understand how DH feels. I am very claustrophobic and when it comes there is no waring. I say if I tried to fly I would be the one arrested for trying to open the door or window to get out.

Allison--Glad to hear DB's party went well. Hope you are feeling better. I agree that you more then likely needed the sleep.

Katka--Keeping you and DH in my prayers for his surgery.

Brenda--Many Hugs and prayers for you and DD. My mom and dad's anniversary was this last Aug and the first one since dad passed. I sent mom a thinking of you card and made sure to call her. Some of her friends took her out for most the day. It would of been their 41st. I am sure whatever you do, she will be ok with.I know when our children are hurting we want to make everything alright for them. The hardest part is just being there. I agree with the griefshare group. I voluteer with Hospice and we had a group for those who lost their family member. The one thing I noticed is they were so good at helping each other because they were going thru the same feelings.

Barbie--Prayers for Jake and the famly. It is hard to lose a sibling. That was nice of Jake to send the goodies home with his friend. I bet it was interesting to watch them cut down a 100 foot tree. My DH cut down our apple tree that was dying and I thought I should of taped it for AFV. He got the chain saw stuck and used the pickup to pull the tree the rest of the way down. I just stayed out of his way and tried not to let him see me laugh.

Beth--Sorry to hear DS#2 is ill again. I know how you feel when all you feel you have control over is eating and then not really as eating everything in site. I keep thinking if I just eat the right thing everything will all the sudden be better. HAHA! Mimi has it right. It may feel good while we are eating, but afterwards not so good!!

Sue--this might be a dumb question, but I have a problem with my thinning hair. When I was younger it was so thick. How do you take brewer's yeast? Can you get it in pill form. Thanks.

DeeDee--gotta love those Aunts.

It is that time of day when I am need to finish up somethings. Thank all of you ladies for being here and all the support.
    Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    well I got home at 5:45 , and my brother called me and gave me an earful, he was screaming and yelling at me saying he cant trust me and this and that, I dont know what the he-- he is talking about,
    He did tell me about one of his friends that was at the party ,he is an alcoholic and diabetic and he was going to talk to him today. I have been at work all day, and he is accusing me of posting pictures and saying things about this guy on the internet:huh:
    so I turned off my phone and if he wants to call me he can call and say he is sorry. because he was wiggin out...
    I dont need that.. today I dont know if I am having a pitty party or what, but the 2 girls that work in the front office treat me like they are both better than me, they are all open and chatty with everyone except when I walk in the room, then it is whispers and tattling on me, if I so much as look crosseyed they run back to the office manager and tattle.
    I am getting sick of the crap. you know I am an outgoing and fun person,but geesh I cant catch a break..
    I asked for a bit more money,and instead of 40, he gives me 60, geesh I will take it can just keep quiet..
    well I am off to bed. I dont work until 1 pm tomorrow so hopefully I will feel up to getting out and exercising.. I havent the last few days because of my side.. but it seems to have rectified itself..
    Heather~ hope you have an awesome flight and enjoy NYC that is about an hour and a half from us, to bad we couldnt meet up:happy:
    alright I am off.. to go wallow in my sorrows :sad:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hello,all. Had a looong day yesterday,including 1 1/2 hr with a Genius guy. he was super nice & very bright.After trying the easy fix its with no results,he downloaded-re installed the new IOS 8 on my iPad.He also pointed out some of the new features.I was just happy to have it all working good again.
    Was going to read some older posts to catch up,but can 't find them.......
    Heather,bet you have been out & about. Enjoy every minute.
    DD arrives from Fl this Thursday,.......just in time for a cold spell,with Saturday high of 54*.Other DD is having a supper for her with family & friends Sat.She is making 2 soups & smoking turkey breasts for sandwiches.Ppl are welcome with or without taking food,but most do.This is a combo party of,Sister is home,Theie Dad's BD is tomor & DDs is the 15th.
    Cardiologist appt has been rescheduled ......till a wk from Monday. My main interest is asking to get off some meds.

Looks like our hummers have flown away.

Sorry I can't respond to anyone. Will check back tomorrow. Pat
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,135 Member
    Options
    Hello---October is closing in!!

Lin
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5 more minutes of September here!

10 mins ago I just back from walking dogs to get my last 4 miles done - that's 100 miles walked in September - talk about cutting it fine!

MA in UK

exercise.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Not much time just now but wanted to answer Vicki's question. At the time I took it the brewer's yeast came in tablets, rather large ones as I remember. Good luck. Sue in SD
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Not feeling good today so not writing much.

Barbie, my condolences to you and your husband. If he is anything like you he is a good and loving person and even though it is difficult for him now, with your support he will get through it OK.

Sylvia, you take care. No more fainty spells for you.

Vicki. I remember many years ago our Sunday school class in the church I was in had an annual Christmas party. WE had a white elephant gift. We also had a tradition about this one particular gift. Some one had done what I am sure they thought was a wonderful and cute DIY craft thing. Some one made this small wooden commode. But the bowl was used as a flower pot. So it was the one gift that was given and regiven every year. The challenge was to make it wrap it so that it was very desirable. Eventually every one knew that the best wrapped gift was that one.

I woke up, well I actually had it all night, with such a headache. It's funny, in my dream last night, I had a bad headache but all I had to do was go to Venice Italy and some one there would clear it up. But it had to be every time. I guess I have been reading to much about George Clooney. Anyway I just have not felt lie eating today. My calorie intake for today is something like 600 calories. I may got o bed waaaaay early tonight.

Joyce, Indiana
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to mark my place. Am caught up on all posts but have no time tonight to respond. Had a full day of kayaking with friends and am ready for sleep!!

Barbie- So sorry to hear about Jake's brother. My thoughts are with you both.

Allison- Hope you feel better fast!

Beth- So sorry your DS is still dealing with headaches. Hope he feels better fast.

Carol- Hope your house sells quickly.

Katla- Hope the surgery goes well. My prayers are with you.

Had a great day on the lake with good friends. Friday we climbed a mountain with another friend. Both activities were in the Adirondaks with beautiful color from the changing leaves. The view from the top of the mountain was spectacular! Today we got very close to a loon as we paddled. What a beautiful bird! Everyday of retirement seems better than the last!!:happy:

A very contented Deb A in beautiful CNY