Men on a Mission - Over 250, Looking to Drop 50

Options

Replies

• kforrest1
    Options
    CW 262
  • kforrest1
    Options
    SWilson87; We are both starting from the same point 275 and have similar goals. Good luck to you!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    kForrest, I just noticed that. Iron sharpening Iron, Ill motivate you as I'm sure you'll do the same for me.
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Davidmsheppard, you are welcome to join. What was your last weekend's weight? Otherwise, I'll just put you in next weeks rankings.
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am Marc, 6'2 weighing in at 389. goal weight right now of 290, pretty stocky guy anyway. is there a way to follow these threads?
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    I am Marc, 6'2 weighing in at 389. goal weight right now of 290, pretty stocky guy anyway. is there a way to follow these threads?

Any thread you post in becomes linked in your "My Topics" list.
    so if you click above this thread on My Topics, you'll see all threads you posted in.
  • marc8686
    Options

Any thread you post in becomes linked in your "My Topics" list.
    so if you click above this thread on My Topics, you'll see all threads you posted in.
    oh awesome thank you i see it now.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Sunday morning weigh in is 280. I was really hoping to get into the 270's this weekend but I can't complain about losing 4 lbs.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Hi Marc, you can also just bookmark this thread. That way, if you post a lot on other threads this won't get lost in your topics.
  • apolloag
    Options
    Hey guys, still waiting for this week's weigh-in from spinndrift, fitPhil2011, lbgroovy, and chris_andress. Also, I need last week's weight from davidmsheppard, marc8686, and chrisandress.

My weigh-in is at 244.2lbs. I will post the results tonight!

1334262.png
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Good morning all. Sunday morning weigh in is 280. I was really hoping to get into the 270's this weekend but I can't complain about losing 4 lbs.

No tdonlin, I would say no complaining necessary. Your 4lbs is absolutely awesome!
  • marc8686
    Options
    Hey guys, still waiting for this week's weigh-in from spinndrift, fitPhil2011, lbgroovy, and chris_andress. Also, I need last week's weight from davidmsheppard, marc8686, and chrisandress.

My weigh-in is at 244.2lbs. I will post the results tonight!

1334262.png
    i dont have a last week weigh-in...i just posted here for the first time today and started with MFP like, wednesday...havent even done my first official weigh-in yet
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    6'5" - started @ 327. down to 315. I'm looking to drop at least another 100lbs.
  • apolloag
    Options
    Congratulations to jaskelley! However it happened (excess water last week or not - :) , you lost 5.8 lbs this week. Way to go!
    Another interesting note - for the 11 that were ranked, we lost a combined 37.7 lbs this week!

Keep up the good work men! And welcome to the new guys! Here are the results:

week4.bmp

This week's topic: Sometimes the most difficult time to not eat anything is in the evening, between dinner time and bed time. What do you guys do? Do you eat dinner later? If you have a snack, what do you make?

1334262.png
  • Bryan190
    Options
    This week's topic: Sometimes the most difficult time to not eat anything is in the evening, between dinner time and bed time. What do you guys do? Do you eat dinner later? If you have a snack, what do you make?
    My goto late night snack is a chocolate VitaTop. 90-100 Cal with 9 g of fiber fills the void. They are kind of pricey if you don't get them on sale but Costco usually has the best price. I eat them either hot (nuke for 30 sec) or frozen.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    A slice of bread and a tablespoon of peanut butter usually kills cravings if I have them at night. Then I wash it down with a cup of decaf coffee. Shortly after I brush my teeth and the minty clean feeling usually prevents me from wanting to eat anything lol
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well looking to drop more than 50, but hoping to still join in. I really like the motivation/accountability this thread provides.

sw 370
    mfp sw 333
    gw 185
    cw 326 (1/30/11
  • Swilson87
    Options
    I agree it is very hard to go without that snack, but I try to save calories. I never max myself out, just in case I have a SUPER craving. With that said my wife and I have some 100 cal snacks, lite popcorn, and skinny cow Ice Cream. None of which equals out to 200 cals alone.

By the way the 100 cal snack game is really competitive right now. You can find most of what you may crave in an already portioned package...
  • Ibgroovy
    Options
    Sunday weight: 289.5
    aargh!
    I've been good, too, but I think I need more exercise.
  • Ibgroovy
    Options
    A slice of bread and a tablespoon of peanut butter usually kills cravings if I have them at night. Then I wash it down with a cup of decaf coffee. Shortly after I brush my teeth and the minty clean feeling usually prevents me from wanting to eat anything lol

The brushing teeth really helps for me. I looked up all of my snacks to put them in MFP, and hoo, boy, are they fattening (like nachos at 45 calories per chip.)

The past couple of days, I've eaten an orange for late night cravings.