30 Day Shred CHALLENGE!!! Join me!

Options

Replies

• emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That was tough. :sad:
    After I got the DVD, I had to go back out and buy hand weights, I did not know that you needed them. I am so sore, but proud that I made it through it. Until tomorrow...
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Just got the DVD at WalMart tonight. So im in!!:smile:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Day 4 of the shred for me...did level 2 again today. Does this ever seem to get any easier?! haha :sad:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Today's the day we officially start this challenge! :happy:

My goal is to do this dvd 5 days a week alternating levels each day (starting with Levels 1 & 2) using 3 and 5 lb. weights. I am planning to add more cardio on three of those days.

My goal is to lose 8 lbs. in September, which will bring my total weight loss to 26 lbs.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Day 1 ....... finally here!!

I did Level 1 this morning!!

Beginning weight: 137.0

My Plan:
    Alternate Level 1 and 2 ....... eventually Level 3 when I feel up to it ...... because L1 & L2 are kicking my butt already ........ walking pushups??!!!?? ...... OMG!!! I started out with 3 pound hand weights - I have since bought 5 pound and am now alternating them (use 5 pounds on the first set and if that kills me then I'll drop down to the 3 pounds on the second set)

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Let Shred those pounds and inches!!!!!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Alrighty...Here we go!
    Day 1 of the challenge...

I am going to do it 7 days a week for 30 days. That is the plan. *FINGERS CROSSED*, I am only using 2 lb weights, because that is all I can handle. My plan is to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month.

Are we checking in everyday? or everyweek? or just when we need the extra push to continue? I may need it all!

GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Day 4 of L3. Still Evil, but now I can do about 1/2 of "Natalie". The only problem I'm having is with the jump lunges (on circuit 1). I can't keep my balance and my ankles are dying. The rest I'm getting, still sweating like crazy!
    I am entering my exerise as "circuit training" for about 24 minutes since the warm up on level 3 is more of a workout than the previous levels. Double jumping ropes on a warm up? Holy cow!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    OK Day 1 of the Shred...kinda feel like I am going on my first date. :noway:

Yes I have butterflies in my stomach and my mouth is dry. Did I miss anything...oh yes my heart is pounding! Kinda excited...kinda scared....oh well...here goes something!! :tongue:

I previewed all the levels and THINK I should comfortably be able to do Level 2 with 5lb. wts.

I will let all know if I put Jillian in her place... or if she made me drop and give her 50!! :laugh:

Bring it JIllian!!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
    Mi
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Shouldnt we start a new thread???? ACJM, where are you? What are we calling our thread? This one is getting too long and it is not organized at all. :flowerforyou:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I'll put a date for today! Watch for the new thread?!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Starting day! Here is my info-I just want to see how many inches I lose and how many LBS! I didn't keep track of measurements when I joined, but thought I would see how effective this video really is!

Height 5'10"
    R. bicep 11"
    L. bicep 12" (i am left handed?!)
    waist at belly button 38 1/2"
    Hips at largest section 40 1/2"
    R. thigh 23 1/2"
    L. thigh 24"
    weight 159

My goal is to lose 9 pounds. To achieve this I am going to do the dvd every day for 30 days as recommended. First 10 days level 1, 2nd 10 days level 2, and then the last 10 days level 3. I plan on eating 1680 calories, consuming lots of fruits and vegetables, drinking lots of water and taking my multi-vitamin daily-sounds simple enough! Lots of luck to us all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    maybe we should start a new thread with everyones statiscal info, then progress and encouragement and then final weigh in and measurements...
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies / Fellow Shredders,
    COPY - POSTED FROM NEW "30 Day Shred" Challenge Thread...
    :smile:

Sorry I'm late here - we JUST got back from the cottage only minutes ago!

I think that a new daily thread might be too frequent - most other challenges just keep the original first post, but we can see how it goes. The problem with switching threads all the time is that we can lose people (which can be corrected by posting a link to the bottom of the original post).

IMHO, this whole thing doesn't have to be too rigid or "organized"!!!

Share what information you like, and update as often as you like.

I shredded today - it was great - level 1 plus a 5 km run.
    Hoping to lose 8 lbs in September.

Let's have a great 30 days!
    Amanda
    :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    put me down for 10 this month (but i will do it on my own (no dvd) if thats ok
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do this dvd 5 days a week alternating levels each day (starting with Levels 1 & 2) using 3 and 5 lb. weights. I am planning to add more cardio on three of those days.

I didn't consider alternating....i am much more comfortable with this plan....will try level 2 tomorrow.....hope to lose 5 pounds this month.
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Natalie for the suggestion!
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    better late then never to share...day 2 of level 1 shred and a little sore. Never thought jumping jacks and jump roping would be so hard!! I do pilates with a trainer 2-3 days a week and shredded before last time and that was a bad idea so.... pilates this am, shred later today!!

Stats...
    start wt: 160
    goal by end: 10 lbs lighter
    keeping track of my measurements....I think i will check them again at the end and surprise myself instead of peeking every week!!

Good luck everyone....happy shredding!!!
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    okay, i'm in- a little late but anyway- i will do it 5 days a week and see how we go...:smile:

I would like to lose 6 lbs this month.\

Thanks for starting!!
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    OK Them, girls!!! I'll look for it tomorrow!!!
    I hope I can find it in the local HMV....
    Wish me luck....:bigsmile: :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options