The Zumba Crew - January

Options

Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am new to Zumba. I heard about it from an infomercial and it looked fun. I am by no means a dancer, but I like to try (in the privacy of my own home). I have Hip Hop Abs and enjoy doing that. I tried Zumba for the first time earlier this month and lasted for 2 days. It is a good workout, but I find myself trying to do exactly what they do on the DVD and I can't get it right or keep up. I ended up giving up on it. After reading all of the posts on here, I've decided to give Zumba another try and just do it at my level instead of trying to keep up right away. Hope I make it through this go round!

I would suggest working on your foot work first. Trying to do the hands and the feet tend to mess me up when I am learning a routine.
  • bourgeoisk
    bourgeoisk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I got my DVDs in yesterday.....my birthday present to myself. :) I did Zumba Basics to learn the moves, and my heart rate monitor said I burned 767 cals! WOW! I loved it, and the 60 minutes flew by. My two daughters (10 and 7) even joined in dancing with me.

Hope to keep up with you guys on this thread! I'm going to try Cardio Party today even if I can't keep up.

Happy Sunday!

Kristin
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I just found someone on craigslist selling the zumba fitness including the toning sticks for $40 sealed. I just texted them *fingers crossed* that they still have it!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I got my DVDs in yesterday.....my birthday present to myself. :) I did Zumba Basics to learn the moves, and my heart rate monitor said I burned 767 cals! WOW! I loved it, and the 60 minutes flew by. My two daughters (10 and 7) even joined in dancing with me.

Hope to keep up with you guys on this thread! I'm going to try Cardio Party today even if I can't keep up.

Happy Sunday!

Kristin

I am so glad to hear this! Getting a HRM really helped to motivate me too because I was actually burning way more than I thought!
  • chiccaroline
    chiccaroline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My zumba teacher is holding a Sunday morning class on the last Sunday of each month and this morning I had my highest calorie burn so far and the most fun in our class so far. Sunday morning workouts are the way to go!!!
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I actually bought the DVD set in Thailand in August and haven't even seen all of them yet...will get them out - I've been walking and doing the treadmill but wont hurt to do some fun things.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I started attending Zumba back in the fall and have so much fun when I go! I find myself dancing, laughing, and burning calories all at the same time! you can't beat that!
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    I am so addicted to Zumba, I go to Zumba classes 3 times a week, and they actually just added a fourth class starting in February. I live in a small town of about 2000 people and there is a Zumba craze, so I'm sure there is one in your neck of the woods. I haven't tired Zumba for the Wii or the dvd's mostly because I don't feel like I'd push myself as much as I do when I'm in class, I hate looking like a fool so I push harder to do everything the proper way in class! Anyone who wants a fellow Zumba buddy feel free to add me! Happy Zumba to all!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    So my class tonight was great, but my CD crapped out on me after the 8th song! I was so dissapointed! We ended up doing a couple of songs twice and then cooling down to the wrong song too! It was frustrating, but we still got our Zumba in!

As for your question about favorite songs earlier in the thread hsinster, I really like Waka Waka and El Bonmon asesino cumbia a lot. Seems like I always fall for the Cumbia :) I also love the bollywood style ones like Jai ho. What's everyone elses favorites and why??!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yeah! 2mrw's Monday & the fam gets back to work, college, and high school (I'm so mean)
    ...just can't get stuff done, house back into order, & my Zumba time in until their out! :devil:

Hope everyone had a wonderful & restful weekend :happy:

Starting the week out right! 0830 group class followed by some Zumba Wii :tongue:

Do good ladies!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So I have gotten into the habit of eating past my calorie limit on days that I have Zumba because I typically burn 700-800 calories. It would be impossible for me to eat them all back before bed if I didn't. But today, class was cancelled due to a coming snow storm so now I am stuck with no calories and no zumba! Time for me to get my butt in gear and do something else so I can have dinner!

This has got to be why the early classes are good things... I knew there HAD to be a reason I dragged my behind up early to go to the class!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So I have gotten into the habit of eating past my calorie limit on days that I have Zumba because I typically burn 700-800 calories. It would be impossible for me to eat them all back before bed if I didn't. But today, class was cancelled due to a coming snow storm so now I am stuck with no calories and no zumba! Time for me to get my butt in gear and do something else so I can have dinner!

This has got to be why the early classes are good things... I knew there HAD to be a reason I dragged my behind up early to go to the class!

This is why the DVDs are a good thing to buy!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Bumping the Zumba crew for any newcomers. Just to let you all know, I will be starting a new thread tonight, and posting it here when I do so that everyone can stay caught up with the Zumba crew!
  • tsams
    tsams Posts: 2
    Options
    I ♥ ZUMBA! I've only been doing it for about two months now but it is the most awesome workout EVER! I can't get enough. I do the classes at my local Gold's Gym but I've recently been wanting to get the game for Wii. Does anyone have it that wants to rate it? I want to make sure I'm still going to get a good workout like I do at the gym before I invest. Is it worth it?
  • JennBunbun
    Options
    I think Zumba for the wii is harder! It goes a lot fast and they dont tell you whats comming next, but its fun to switch it up because theres so many routines. I love Zumba!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    I'd really love to try zumba for wii, but we don't have a video game system :( I bet it is really hard at first having no one to tell you what is coming next....but then after you know the routines and what is coming up that it is a blast! I wish I could try it!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Did you know they are bringing out Zumba for the PS3 soon?
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'd really love to try zumba for wii, but we don't have a video game system :( I bet it is really hard at first having no one to tell you what is coming next....but then after you know the routines and what is coming up that it is a blast! I wish I could try it!
    Ohhh, but the Wii Zumba does give you clues! There are flashing purple arrows before you change up that clue you which way to move. The routines are so fantastically matched up with the music....
    Best disc in my collection by far...you gotta try it first chance you get:tongue:
  • bourgeoisk
    bourgeoisk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just did Zumba Cardio Party and burned 776 cals according to my HRM. It's my second workout, and I LOVE it!

Hope all is well!
  • singingmo
    Options
    I too am a Zumba freak. I started classes in September and go 2x a week. I also have it for the Wii and think it is fantastic. I just can't seem to get enough.