Team UK - February 2011

Options

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Backinthenines - how can you be in team Southern Softies and still use the word "eejit"??? :laugh: :laugh:

Cos my boyfriend is from oop noorf!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JimJam87
    Options
    I totally agree, it teaches you nothing about portion control. One of my old consultants even told everyone to have an extra plate of food 'just because you can!' Go figure!
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, it teaches you nothing about portion control. One of my old consultants even told everyone to have an extra plate of food 'just because you can!' Go figure!

Haha amazing!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I did try to follow the Slimming World plan a while back along with a girl in work... I was eating healthily, she wasn't!

I would have my porridge for breakfast, she would have boiled egg and toast... not bad!

For lunch I made a big fruit salad, topped with mullerlight, she would have an entire packet of supernoodles, or a mugshot!

For tea, I had whatever everyone else was having, but I measured/weighed and accounted for all syns, she didn't!

The final result, I lost a substantial amount of weight, she lost a pound, put two on, lost another, put one on, etc, etc!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Here's the thread for anyone interested in joining the Northern Numpties vs Southern Softies Biggest Loser challenge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163828-team-uk-northern-numpties-vs-southern-softies-weekly-result?page=2#posts-2213425

Instructions are somewhere on page 1....sorry, I can't be bothered to cut and paste it all yet again!

BTW- the main reason I started it, and said it was for 8 weeks initially, was entirely self-centred! I wanted something to keep me going and motivated past my 3 week limit, which has previously been my cutoff point for any weight loss effort. And it's working.....3 weeks after joining I'm still logging on everyday, doing my food and exercise diaries, my weight loss has slowed but this time it has not made me jack it all in. I'm back at work now so will have much less time, but I have no doubt that this time, I WILL lose that extra 80lbs! So thank YOU all for keeping me going :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

re Biggest Loser...I couldn't believe I lost more weight than them last week even though I was only doing minimal walking with my knee. I wonder what The Terminator (Angie what's her face) would have had to say about that! They must be building a stack of muscle, but......It was interesting that Claire, who wasn't eating with the others, lost 6lbs....It doesn't take a genius.
    I'm looking forward to the eviction of the cheese next week...
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Joined MFP on 2nd Jan this year and was thrilled with first 3 weeks loss of 16lb (okay I appreciate likely to be mostly water and I am a big girl, but it was motivating!).... then I found this threat and notified Rosy re joining the challenge and that week I lost absolutely nothing (but did remain the same). I appreciate this happens some time.

I went cold turkey from 2nd Jan and have been eating really healthily (i.e. no crisps, biscuits, cakes, sweets etc etc ) so for me January was an amazing personal achievement regarding my food, that I could get through the month without anything naughty (and I am still sticking to that). I am very motivated bur realistic , that this will take time.

Feel very uncomfortable watching the biggest looser. Why do they make them strip off, why not wear T-shirts? Its all a bit 'for shock factor'. It certainly doesn't represent a healthy way to go about things, in my humble view!

Good luck to all this February!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    January went well. 20lb down and joined the gym (again). Am enjoying it a lot more than last time though. Went this evening and my max heart rate has dropped by 10 so it must be doing some good. 41 this month and treating myself to a spa day with lots of mud to keep me motivated. Another round of redundancies at work today which is pretty stressful but I'm safe at least for the time being.

Here's looking forward to February and I'm aiming for 10lb more. Good luck and hopefully you'll all still be here and going strong come march
  • James_H
    Options
    Ok, I want to have a "normal" BMI by the end of this month - that means losing about 2.5 lbs, which should be easy!

That's my goal.
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi Everyone, hope you are all having a good week.

I have amazed myself and have lost 8lb total last month, I plan to double that this month all being well! Have been making different choices like taking the stairs rather than the lift, getting off the bus a few stops earlier etc it seems to be working and I am starting to notice a difference in my health and weight.

good luck everyone for saturday's results

Mel x
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok, I want to have a "normal" BMI by the end of this month - that means losing about 2.5 lbs, which should be easy!

That's my goal.

haha with your KFC track record :p

nah just kidding mate, good luck,

I've seemed to have found a new found love for Port Salut soft cheese and Lindt dark chocolate with chilli !!! ZOMGSKI SO DAMN TASTY !!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just curious- is anyone else keeping a photo record of their weightloss? I've decided to take a front and side view of myself every month in the hope that I will see results that will keep me going over the next year or so...

I started the day after the N vs S began, and I'm going to do the next ones on Saturday. It's a massive step for me- I hate having my photo taken. But none of my real life friends and aquaintances know about this place, so it feels safe. And we're all in the same boat....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had done this. I also wish I had taken measurements but at first I didn't think it was worth it, then once I was stuck in I didn't figure I would lose many more inches (although I did). However I do know that I had a belt that wouldn't do up even on the loosest hole and it is now on the third hole. So I can kind of see my loss that way.
  • natisinvincible
    Options
    I watch biggest loser UK and US it gets me so motivated to lose weight!! also seeing them working hard and losing those lbs makes it fun to see their weigh in every week, makes me all nervous for mine as well! love it
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Rosy I am. My husband downloaded a load of photos from my old phone last night. I took some in my undies when I first started this journey, ugh not a pretty sight. So although I've only lost 12lb there's a huge difference. I also tried on some summer jeans last night too that in the summer I couldn't do up, and they now fit me!!!!!!!!! Yeah :happy:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I watch biggest loser UK and US it gets me so motivated to lose weight!! also seeing them working hard and losing those lbs makes it fun to see their weigh in every week, makes me all nervous for mine as well! love it

I really wish they would show their workout stats. I mean it's TV it's got to be edited, I really want to know/see how much time and cals they burn on those machines !!!
  • lrns88
    Options
    Rosy I am. My husband downloaded a load of photos from my old phone last night. I took some in my undies when I first started this journey, ugh not a pretty sight. So although I've only lost 12lb there's a huge difference. I also tried on some summer jeans last night too that in the summer I couldn't do up, and they now fit me!!!!!!!!! Yeah :happy:

I've done photos and measurements because my PT said if you're exercising loads you might not lose weight, but you'll lose inches. That's what I'm hoping anyway!!!

It's not too late to do them now, it'll still be really interesting to see how much your body changes, and will keep you motivated to see those inches melting away =) xxx
  • lrns88
    Options
    Quick qu please lovely people!

With exercise logging, I'm trying to only log my specific exercise sessions: long walks, gym sessions etc. I don't tend to log any general walking I do during the day (from the tube station, to my car etc) as although I might be walking for a bit longer, I was still walking before I started on here!

Do you all do the same? Or do you log everything that you do? Some days I can see myself heading towards the top end of my calories and it says I haven't done any exercise, but I've obviously been moving about but just haven't recorded it.......Also, my PT calculated my BMR calories to include light exercise, so I thought it was already factored in with how much I can eat!

Any opinions?

xxx
  • feelgoodoutside
    Options
    Whatsup guys just checking in, currently in week 5 of p90x and loving it :)
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    Just curious- is anyone else keeping a photo record of their weightloss? I've decided to take a front and side view of myself every month in the hope that I will see results that will keep me going over the next year or so...

I started the day after the N vs S began, and I'm going to do the next ones on Saturday. It's a massive step for me- I hate having my photo taken. But none of my real life friends and aquaintances know about this place, so it feels safe. And we're all in the same boat....

Yep, I took a front and side photo when I first started. I cannot express how truely horrendous I look! Saving them for my B/A photos when I hit my goal weight :happy:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :bigsmile:

Good idea re the photo record. I think I will get DP to start this for me tonight. I have also started measuring but was wondering if you can alter the parts of your body to measure on here, rather than just being able to measure your hips, waist and neck (!!) ?

January has been a pants month, weight loss wise, so here's hoping that February will be the kick start i need!

:bigsmile: