Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• jessicasue13
    Options
    Hi all. I have just found MFP this week and would like to join your group. I have been overweight as long as I remember. I am 25 years old and had a beautiful baby girl 4 months ago. I am now ready to see a new healthy me. My initial goal is to lose around 64 pounds. At that point I will evaluate how I look/feel and go from there. Here are my starting stats.

Starting Weight: 239
    Goal Weight: 175

Jessi:flowerforyou:
  • keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, joined yesterday and wondering how does this support group work? Do we encourage by talking here? Help, I'm MFP illiterate!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I am new to MFP, joined yesterday and wondering how does this support group work? Do we encourage by talking here? Help, I'm MFP illiterate!

I'm new and still figuring stuff out , myself, but just wanted to say "hi" and "welcome"!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

AddEmoticons0975-1.gif3.gifNewbies! I've gotten into the habit of clicking "Recent Posts" so I'm sure not to miss anything. People here are really friendly and have tons of useful information, not to mention very supportive.
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I've been gone for a few weeks (out of town for a work conference... yuck!) and oh my how I have missed my MFP friends! I have good news and bad news. First the bad news... I didn't lost a single pound in the past 2 weeks while I was away. Now the good news... I didn't gain a single pound in the past 2 weeks while I was away! That being said, I still feel very distressed that I'm still sitting at my current weight and I'm not any closer to my Labor Day goal! How frustrating! :grumble:

I'm having fun reading everyone's posts and seeing what I've missed! Congrats to all of you who have been hanging in there and losing! :drinker: And welcome to all the newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Happy Dancing here. Had a great weight loss week of 7 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:

Tim that is great I am so happy for you!!!

I go for my weigh in tommorrow i am very scared i don'tthink I have lost any and I am very scared i have gained i have been eating so bad but i have tried to stay in my calories and i think i only went over like 2 times maybe 3. I hope that won't make me gain but i never got more than 1500 calories but i have to stay at 1200. and my exercise has been lil to none. BUT I brought my jump rope to work and when the bank closes the lobby I will be in the back jummoing rope all evening I need it.

I will let you guys know about my weigh in as soon as i get to work tommorrow!! wish me luck!!!:frown:
  • mountaineer
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I just found this site and could use all the encouragement I can get. I had my second daughter in April, and had been on bedrest since December. After the delivery I had more complications and recovery time and only now can I start really exercising. I am so out of shape from the pregnancy and bedrest most of the time I have no energy so I eat the wrong things for energy which has made me gain more weight.

I'm still catching up on all the posts to this thread, but in the meantime I'm glad to be here and hope to get to know everyone.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody just want to wish u all a successful week ahead. I went to curves today and did the circuit 3x. i am gonna alternate between 2x and 3x each time i go. i am working up to going back 5 to 6 days a week. I wanted to let u know also about a website where u can find number of calories burned for all kinds of different actvities like housecleaning and everyday things we do that help burn those calories. There is also a food calorie calculator for just about any and everything

calorieking.com I use it to help me stay accurate on counts and exercise. check it out
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :f i love those emotions can't tell huh :tongue:
  • mountaineer
    Options
    Does anyone do Curves? I am wondering how much it is, and if it is really worth it. I am looking for both pros and cons if anyone has any experience.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I just wanted to say hi and see how everyones doing, I am really worried about christy its been weeks. Hope all is good.
  • chubbymexicanswife
    Options
    Hey everyone...hope you all are doing well. I fell off the wagon in a huge way, so today I'm going to try again. How very frustrating...
  • monica5237
    Options
    Okay guys I skipped wiegh in yesterday cause i was scared that I had gained but I broke down and did it today well guess what............... I lost another 3.2 pounds I was shocked but very happy I have only a few more pounds to get to my first major goal of getting under 200 pounds I am at 205 now and I can't wait to see that 199 so I can say I am under 200 pounds :love:
    My goal is 165 so I still have a ways to go but I can make it.

Thank you guys for being here for me when I was so down thinking I had gained or stayed the same, there was no platux for me like i thought.:drinker: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Okay guys I skipped wiegh in yesterday cause i was scared that I had gained but I broke down and did it today well guess what............... I lost another 3.2 pounds I was shocked but very happy I have only a few more pounds to get to my first major goal of getting under 200 pounds I am at 205 now and I can't wait to see that 199 so I can say I am under 200 pounds :love:
    My goal is 165 so I still have a ways to go but I can make it...

AddEmoticons00530.gif Go Monica, Go Monica, Go Monica! You can do it!!
  • monica5237
    Options
    My goal is 165 so I still have a ways to go but I can make it...

AddEmoticons00530.gif Go Monica, Go Monica, Go Monica! You can do it!!

Thank you I needed that!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Love to join up with you all! :happy:

Been a member of the site only a couple days now and am begining to find my way around...lots of great info and wonderful friendly folks!

Thanks for the welcome to us Newbies:happy:

HW 458 (2007)
    SW 373
    CW 356
    GW 155-ish

Glad to be here all! Looking forward to inspiring and encouraging others as I can.

:drinker: Here's to continued motivation & inspiration on our journeys.:drinker: <~~this lil guy always reminds me of a water drinker actually! lol Probably because I always have a bottle of water in my hand most of the day. lol That is one thing I am good at....it helps to love water though, sure makes it easier to get in each day.:drinker:

Happy Friday All!
    Fitness_Chick
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Lots of new people. I just wanted to update my situation. I am now under 170, 169.6. I am so happy, I hope everyone else is doing great. mine has slowed down but I have not been making it to the gym so that makes since.
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh-in was a milestone for me. I finally cracked below 300 lbs. Not by much but it has been a goal I've been looking for. 299.5.

Oh happy day!
  • abby1949
    Options
    Yes, I agree. I thought this weight loss stuff was going to be "Simple" I don't mean easy just simple to do e.g. Less Calories In More Fat Out! Well, I have been trying to drop for over 1 year before joining MFP and I can see from my Reports that I just am not doing the "Simple" system at all. My calories are consistently over on weekends and I drink too much wine! (I do not have a problem) just when I have 1 glass I loose all reason! and eat and drink more! I will not be having any more wine, I will be sticking to my 1200 Calories, I will be loosing weight. I can truly see that being good on weekdays just does not cut the bad weekend binges. Thanks my friends for letting me see that you find it just as difficult as me! Now let's all get to it! Focus on us!
  • abby1949
    Options
    TimRagan - Thats Wonderful!
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh-in was a milestone for me. I finally cracked below 300 lbs. Not by much but it has been a goal I've been looking for. 299.5.

Oh happy day!

Dude, outstanding!!! You are really doing great, keep it up!