fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY!!!!! Weigh in day

2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 1 EW: 236.1 ( - 5.7lbs)
    Week 2 EW: 236.6 ( +0.5lbs)
    Week 3 EW: 236.1 ( - 0.5lbs)
    Week 4 EW: 237.2 (+1.2lbs)

Blah - I can't even blame TOM.....since that was in Week 2........I made poor choices. That's all there is to it. I can't expect to eat 1200+ calorie meals (that's right, meals, not days) and lose. My DH and I are trying to start a family so I'm trying to find out the best time to uh, make that happen....Sorry if TMI. I'm actually taking Ovulation predictor kits and they say you should take it after work and not drink water (it has to be concentrated urine) for 4 hours before. That was the time of day that I was best at drinking my water, so I'm not drinking as much.

I'm recommitting myself to working out 4 hours a week and getting my water drunk...it's almost time to stop testing anyways. I WILL LOSE IT for next week!! I want to get back to 2lbs a week. I just sat here and watched my DH burn 714.9 cals in 1.5 hours on the Wii Biggest Loser.....He was so excited until I pointed out that he'd have to eat those back and top of the 1700 he's already alloted.....LMAO He started panicking....then he realized that means he can go to the pub tonight and eat almost anything while I have a girlie night and eat carrots.

I made a decision this week to make sure I net at least 1400 cals a day...I'm hoping this week's weigh in is just an indication of that higher calorie bump and is temporary.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are back with us, Carol!!! We've missed you!

I only lost 0.2 lbs this week, but I slipped on ice/slush mix on Wednesday while I was out paying bills and I wasn't working as hard on my exercises :(

Hopefully, will be back to normal next week.

My mom had her heart surgery this morning at 7:30, its a 6-8 hour surgery at least....not sure how things are going bc she is out of town for the surgery, but I'll be calling her tomorrow to check in! Praying for my mom today!

My wigit says I've lost 50lbs, but I've lost 49.6 lbs, so I guess I can I have hit my 50 lb mark, but I'll make it official when it actually 50.
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are back with us, Carol!!! We've missed you!

I only lost 0.2 lbs this week, but I slipped on ice/slush mix on Wednesday while I was out paying bills and I wasn't working as hard on my exercises :(

Hopefully, will be back to normal next week.

My mom had her heart surgery this morning at 7:30, its a 6-8 hour surgery at least....not sure how things are going bc she is out of town for the surgery, but I'll be calling her tomorrow to check in! Praying for my mom today!

My wigit says I've lost 50lbs, but I've lost 49.6 lbs, so I guess I can I have hit my 50 lb mark, but I'll make it official when it actually 50.
    Praying for your Mom too! :flowerforyou:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Thanks Ladies for all your support!

In case you aren't on my friends list, I posted an update on my mom, but I'll post it here too.

UPDATE on my mom: I got off the phone with the hospital around 6:30pm my time. She can't talk, there's no phone in her room, plus she's on a ventilator. However, she's doing good and she's in stable condition. Hopefully I will get to talk to her either Sunday or Monday.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Glad your mom is doing well....things should improve :) But a scary thing to go through none-the-less. Have you talked to her yet?
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for your mom Barb. Hope everything turns out well!:flowerforyou:
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Challenges for the week...thought I forgot, huh??? :huh:

OK, so I know this guy is just a little kid, but this workout is Guaranteed to shred the pounds, so let's give it a try all week!
    Here it is, just look up the songs on You tube, and let's see if this works for us..then I definitely want FEEDBACK. I've never even heard a single song of his, so this is a shot in the dark. Let's GO FOR IT!!! :love:

Warm Up:
    Warm up to a mid tempo song. Justin Bieber's "Bigger" is perfect for this. It allows you to stretch and warm up your muscles before jumping into the aerobic portion of your workout. Warming up will help you to reduce your chances of pulling a muscle and will decrease soreness.

Aerobic Workout:
    Perform your aerobic portion of the workout to an up tempo track that will help you raise your heart rate. "Baby" and "Somebody To Love" are ideal for this. Use at least two songs for this portion of your workout.

Toning and Strengthening:
    Slow the music back down to a mid tempo or even slow song to strengthen and tone your stomach, arms, legs and butt. Perform sit ups, arm curls and squats and lunges to "One Less Lonely Girl", "Favorite Girl" or similar type songs.

Cool Down:
    Cool down to bring your heart rate back down and stretch muscles. "One Time" is a perfect song to use for this portion of your workout.

If you do your Justin Bieber workout plan at least 3-4 times a week, (We're going to do it EVERY DAY!!) :bigsmile: and couple it with a low fat, low calorie diet, you will start to see the pounds come off quick. Stay focused on your weight loss goal and have fun with your newfound motivation to take the pounds off.

And let's not forget WEIGH IN WITH A SMILE ON FRIDAY, and do the walking on sunshine dance!! :bigsmile:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, YOU GUYS!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    I've heard a couple of his songs. I'm interested to see how this works, although I won't be working as hard this week, as my right knee has been bothering me pretty bad, I had to kick Jillian out of my routine this week to rest it, so i'll be doing what I can, if it I'm a sitting duck, in a way. But I"m still ready to check this out!!

Update on my mom:I did get to talk to her for a little bit, she was using the nurses' phone bc she was still in ICU and there was no phone in her room, but anyways, she sounded good and everything. She said she was going to be getting moved into a regular room today and she would call, but hasn't yet, so after my lil guys' 9 month pics are done being taken, I will be calling and checking in...just sucks I can't be there with her. I am with her in spirit though, thanks for all your concern and support! Its greatly appreciated!

Let's get ready to rock n roll! :happy: :glasses: :drinker:
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE Justin Bieber...lol... but I'll try the challenge with a different artist.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Would this be logged as aerobics, high impact or dancing?? Want to make sure I log this right to get the right calories burned....Haven't tried it yet, will check it out probably tonight. Thanks!
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I hope everyone is safe with the horrible Blizzard, aka SNOWTORIOUS B.I.G. (per my friend Jen...lol). I'm not feeling very motivated this week.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I haven't been around cause I've been sick - feeling better today. I'll try get on today after work.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Came in at 179 this morning - down just over 80 lbs from where I started. Don't know what it is about Friday's, I always seem to be up - I was at 178 yesterday and the day before.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Came in at 179 this morning - down just over 80 lbs from where I started. Don't know what it is about Friday's, I always seem to be up - I was at 178 yesterday and the day before.

AWESOME!!!! You're doing great!!!!!

I weighed in yesterday, and lost another 1.4 lbs! Almost at 54 lbs lost! I'm aiming for 175 by my birthday, AUG 4th.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain either! :smile: I'm happy with that! Next week is a new week and my leg is feeling TONS better, back to the routine!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    OMG - I've been off my game this past week. I think I had the flu and now I'm left with a sinus infection...Did my weigh in today instead of yesterday...

2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 1 EW: 236.1 ( - 5.7lbs)
    Week 2 EW: 236.6 ( +0.5lbs)
    Week 3 EW: 236.1 ( - 0.5lbs)
    Week 4 EW: 237.2 (+1.1lbs)
    Week 5 EW: 235.5 (- 1.7lbs)
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Ate WAY too much during the superbowl. That's okay. I'll work it back off.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    That's one reason I refuse to watch the superbowl - too many yummies around. I can see how easy it is to go overboard for it.....great attitude Kami!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    It took me till yesterday to lose anything and it was only 0.8 of a pound but it shows that some adjustments I made recently are possibly working. I have one class that takes alot of work and I am trying to squeeze in as much exercise as I can. I am hoping I will lose the rest of this pound plus more soon.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!! Time to celebrate!! I officially hit the 50 lb mark this morning!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: