trying to get out of the 170's...anyone else?

Options

Replies

• purplespeckle
    Options
    SW: 172
    LW: 167.8
    CW: 169.8
    gained 2 pounds

I take full responsibility for my 2 pound gain. When i got out of the 170's last week i celebrated too much and didn't excercise at all last week. I also ate pizza and pasta. Right now i am at the point where i don't even feel bad about my gain because i know deep down that i deserved it for my behavior this week. I also feel like i will never eat pizza and pasta ever again. it sounds so gross right now. I am ready to move on and i got back on my p90x yesterday.

P.s. i also got a better job this week yay

great job for not making any excuses!! woohoo!! and congrats on the new job!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    CW 177.6

nothing really changed this week i need to step it up
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm fairly new, but I've been trapped in the 170s for the last 2 years! In January I weighed 175 and since starting this site this week I'm down to 172. Woo! My goal is to be 140 by May 22nd, my college graduation.

My weigh ins are Fridays, I'm looking forward to celebrating our successes together. Looks like everyone's doing great so far! :)
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I too am in the 170's and I'm trying to blast past them. Last March/April I was 165...over the course of the year I got back up to 180, Christmas really opened my eyes when pictures were taken of me and I realized it was time to do something! Since January (when I joined the site, which has been a HUGE help) I've lost 7 pounds doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and the 30 Day Shred and watching calories. My goal is 150, I haven't weighed that since before high school, I've always been on the "bigger" side. 150 would be like a dream! I'm down to 173 today and can taste the 160's! Good luck to everyone, I hope we can support each other because there are days when I just don't have the motivation at all and feel like giving up like so many times before in the past.
  • kumamushi
    kumamushi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    170.4 pounds and 26% fat!!! Woohoo!!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm fairly new, but I've been trapped in the 170s for the last 2 years! In January I weighed 175 and since starting this site this week I'm down to 172. Woo! My goal is to be 140 by May 22nd, my college graduation.

My weigh ins are Fridays, I'm looking forward to celebrating our successes together. Looks like everyone's doing great so far! :)

Woohoo You can do it! What is your major? Add me if you want
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I too am in the 170's and I'm trying to blast past them. Last March/April I was 165...over the course of the year I got back up to 180, Christmas really opened my eyes when pictures were taken of me and I realized it was time to do something! Since January (when I joined the site, which has been a HUGE help) I've lost 7 pounds doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and the 30 Day Shred and watching calories. My goal is 150, I haven't weighed that since before high school, I've always been on the "bigger" side. 150 would be like a dream! I'm down to 173 today and can taste the 160's! Good luck to everyone, I hope we can support each other because there are days when I just don't have the motivation at all and feel like giving up like so many times before in the past.

I've been wanting to do one of those Leslie Sansone Dvd's but I didn't know which one to try Great job on getting to 173! You can do it!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    170.4 pounds and 26% fat!!! Woohoo!!!

Great job! You are ALMOST out of the 170's You will be missed lol
  • kumamushi
    Options
    Thanks!! :-) I'm actually at 169 now... a couple more days of this and I'm officially out of the 170s!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Thanks!! :-) I'm actually at 169 now... a couple more days of this and I'm officially out of the 170s!

Woohoo! Congrats! :D Feel free to start another thread for the 160's if you'd like. :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I've not weighed since 02/06 I'm trying to wait until Monday. It's hard.
  • magz_weltha
    Options
    Breaking the 170s was probably one of my most difficult times. I was there from June until October....I kinda gave up in July and August, though. I probably could have broken the 170s sooner if I wouldnt had given up. Just stick to it! I also am a big believer of "confusing" the body. You can do this by either not working out for a week, just watch your calorie intake or by not tracking calories, but still working out. Then after that week, when you get back into routine your body is surprised and loses that extra bit of weight. Just be sure to get back into routine, don't fall off the bandwagon! STICK TO IT!
  • kumamushi
    Options
    I've been in the 160s for a few days now! I'm officially declaring myself out of the 170s. :D
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Breaking the 170s was probably one of my most difficult times. I was there from June until October....I kinda gave up in July and August, though. I probably could have broken the 170s sooner if I wouldnt had given up. Just stick to it! I also am a big believer of "confusing" the body. You can do this by either not working out for a week, just watch your calorie intake or by not tracking calories, but still working out. Then after that week, when you get back into routine your body is surprised and loses that extra bit of weight. Just be sure to get back into routine, don't fall off the bandwagon! STICK TO IT!

i think you might be onto something there. b/c i've been working out 6 days a week and eating fine. well i slacked off a few days but didn't pig out. i didn't exercise for a few days either. and now i'm 175.8! i was 177.6 last saturday. what the heck. and it's TOM. so i'm kinda confused?!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'm finally at 175.8 It's good to see a different # on the scale other than 177-178. :D
  • kumamushi
    Options
    Congrats! :D
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Congrats! :D

Thanks!
  • AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    169.5 today. BARELY UNDER, but a start!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    169.5 today. BARELY UNDER, but a start!

great job!! I was looking at my weight log and the last time i was in the 160's was in June! :o
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    175.2 almost there. but i'm sick now. :(