100+ Pounds to Lose? Come on in!

Options

Replies

• LovelyLady1977
    Options
    What is the very first thing you look forward in doing, when you reach your goal weight?

For me - I'm planning a romantic evening with all the works....:love:

I'm going to have a complete makeover.
  • keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks lovely, much appreciated!:smile:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Good day, everyone! I had my weigh in this morning and am down another 5 pounds! Plus I've lost 2.5 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips! YEAH!!!:happy:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Just curious...

Is anyone out there following a specific diet plan, per se? If so, how are you doing on it?

I am using a combination of the Serotonin Power Diet and the diet suggested in the Biggest Loser weight loss guide. So far, so good! Since I started really keeping track about 3 weeks ago, I've lost 5 pounds. :happy:
  • faythe
    Options
    What is the very first thing you look forward in doing, when you reach your goal weight?

For me - I'm planning a romantic evening with all the works....:love:

I am going to SHOP TIL I DROP! All new wardrobe! Everything but one outfit to remember my fat ole self by is getting thrown out!

A romantic evening also sounds particularly lovely. :love:
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Ok everybody, I am now mad:mad: ! I have been doing this for two weeks and have not lost a pound! But... it's because I have really been trying hard , I have not given it my all, not exercised but one day because I have been so stressed in my personal life that I have let it consume me and my every thought! I realized this morning that I AM NOT GOING TO BE DEFEATED AGAIN :angry: !!!!! I refuse to let stress consume me/my life and I guess today I am leaving my own pitty party! YAY Wish me luck!!
  • faythe
    Options
    Ok everybody, I am now mad:mad: ! I have been doing this for two weeks and have not lost a pound! But... it's because I have really been trying hard , I have not given it my all, not exercised but one day because I have been so stressed in my personal life that I have let it consume me and my every thought! I realized this morning that I AM NOT GOING TO BE DEFEATED AGAIN :angry: !!!!! I refuse to let stress consume me/my life and I guess today I am leaving my own pitty party! YAY Wish me luck!!

Two awesome things for stress relief:

1. Walking. Let your family know you're going out and then, just go. Put on your walking shoes, grab some music if you want it, and walk until you feel better.

2. Yoga. This is a very powerful way to combine relaxation and meditation with fitness. Poses range from, "anybody can do it," to, "the human body can BEND that way?!" There are a lot of beginner-level DVDs that are available pretty much anywhere (Target has some good ones) and I can promise you, within two days you'll feel like a different person.
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Ok everybody, I have had a ridiculously stressful week, I had high hopes of losing at least 2 lbs and guess what!? NOTHING!!!! Help! much support needed!! A push in the right direction etc. :sad:

I used to hate it when people would say this to me, but here goes... At least you didn't gain anything. The best thing is a loss, the second best is to stay the same! Keep up the great work and it WILL happen. You can do it! :drinker:
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Thany you Faythe I do have a treadmill sitting in my bedroom looking over a beautiful river but I was so letting my stressful thoughts take over me that I couldn't think of anything but! Whew, glad I came back to reality! I think Yoga will be great, breath, clear the mind, let the body and soul rest! Thany you again :flowerforyou:
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Ok everybody, I have had a ridiculously stressful week, I had high hopes of losing at least 2 lbs and guess what!? NOTHING!!!! Help! much support needed!! A push in the right direction etc. :sad:

I used to hate it when people would say this to me, but here goes... At least you didn't gain anything. The best thing is a loss, the second best is to stay the same! Keep up the great work and it WILL happen. You can do it! :drinker:
    Too true juliebean, too true :smile:
  • Mrsfraz
    Options
    I have 100lbs to loose--tried before--only lost total of 50--6 years ago. had 2 babies since--no more babies-no more weight
  • faythe
    Options
    Thany you Faythe I do have a treadmill sitting in my bedroom looking over a beautiful river but I was so letting my stressful thoughts take over me that I couldn't think of anything but! Whew, glad I came back to reality! I think Yoga will be great, breath, clear the mind, let the body and soul rest! Thany you again :flowerforyou:

No problem! I'm glad I could help. I have a 5-month-old, 3 cats, a black Lab, and a husband. So I know all about stress and trying to keep it together and stay on track! These two always work for me.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Just checkin in to say hello to everyone!:happy:

:flowerforyou: Hope the day so far has been awesome for you all.:drinker:
  • ophedian
    Options
    Jumps up and down screaming.. Me, Me, please pick me... I wanna play, I wanna join.. Pick me please.. :wink: Yeah! I am in... I am in...
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So cool people still want "in"! Welcome! Love this specific topic!!! Where is Lovely Lady & how's the hubby?
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Jumps up and down screaming.. Me, Me, please pick me... I wanna play, I wanna join.. Pick me please.. :wink: Yeah! I am in... I am in...

WELCOME aboard! Pull up a mattress and lie down and rest (I read your post about your being tired:smile: ).
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So cool people still want "in"! Welcome! Love this specific topic!!! Where is Lovely Lady & how's the hubby?

Here I am! The hubby's a bit better. His belly ache's gone, along with the diarrhea. Now he has a headache. Between the hubby's sugar hangover, dog #1's undiagnosed illness (which is driving all of us C-R-A-Z-Y!!!), and my puppy's broken leg, I have a house full of sickies. I have been working like a slave around here today tending to their needs, as well as the maintenance man's, who came to fix the hot water heater. On top of that I cleaned the whole house and went grocery shopping. It's a good thing I had the day off from work. Otherwise, I'd be pulling my hair out right now. I soooo need a vacation! But now that we have hot water, I'll settle for a nice long soak in the tub...at 1:00 in the morning!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ALl....how is everyone??:happy:

I'm doing well...I weigh in tomorrow for another group and do hope it shows a loss. I'm a bit nervous as I'm still midcycle and that can really do a number on water weight.

Glad your hubby is a bit better LL :happy:

I'll check back in later:drinker: :drinker:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I'm back on track after my splurge day yesterday!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Glad your hubby is a bit better LL :happy:

Yep, he's all better today. As a matter of fact, he's already fired up the Playstation 3! After taking care of a houseful of sick creatures these last few days, it's my turn to kick back and relax!
    I'm a bit nervous as I'm still midcycle and that can really do a number on water weight.

I'm with ya on that one, girl. I retain 10 pounds of water during that time! :angry: