P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I struggled getting into the Cardio X workout for some reason.
    Not sure why....

That one is not my favorite, I'll admit! I'm a runner though, so I need more cardio. ;o) Try out PlyoX next time...

Wow, you are good, I just emailed you about this. :laugh:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I struggled getting into the Cardio X workout for some reason.
    Not sure why....

I like the cardio x workout as it is a mix of a few moves from other workouts. But, I realized, that there are no water/towel breaks! That is what I think makes it harder. The pause button sometimes serves as my drink break!
  • Yep I like the cardio x routine too, it actually isn't as intense to me as plyometrics or kenpo but I still get plenty of sweating and elevated HR.
  • carvan
    I agree, it is definitely not as intense. I have had to put a hold on my workouts, my darn hip is out. Beenb going to chiro, but on Monday going to an osteopath. Need to get to the root of this recurring problem. I am in pain and walking tilted. So much so, that last night, I put on a dress to go to a wedding, and me and hubby were trying to straighten it out. Then I realized it wasn't the dress, but my body that was crooked! Have a great weekend, continue to push play!! (in my honor please!)

Carol
  • Carol I got you email and responded. If you can give me some more details like when it started and was is close to when you backpain started.
  • carvan
    Carol I got you email and responded. If you can give me some more details like when it started and was is close to when you backpain started.

I replied. BTW it happened last Tuesday, I was bending to pick up a T Shirt. And no, it wasn't made of iron, just a plain white tshirt!! I felt ping, and that was it!!
  • Sounds kind of strange to me, definitely some diagnostics will be good!
  • Well it's week 8 starting today for me and I'm in my second recovery week. I'm trying to find an alternative to yoga after doing a little research on it. Plyo continues to be the workout that just kicks my rear end. I think from a cardio stand point I like kenp the best, but it whupped me good Saturday and then I had to go and for 2-3 hours pickup limbs in my brother, parents and my yard. Needless to say, I wasn't sweating at all from the neck down and this concerned me. I probably burned >1000 calories so to prevent dehydration I drank water like crazy that pm. Well Sunday morning I wake up with the ole dehydration-head crunch. Still went to church, felt groggy all day, but I'm ready to bring it today. 2nd recovery week ("recovery" isn't that an oximoron).

BRING IT!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Well it's week 8 starting today for me and I'm in my second recovery week. I'm trying to find an alternative to yoga after doing a little research on it. Plyo continues to be the workout that just kicks my rear end. I think from a cardio stand point I like kenp the best, but it whupped me good Saturday and then I had to go and for 2-3 hours pickup limbs in my brother, parents and my yard. Needless to say, I wasn't sweating at all from the neck down and this concerned me. I probably burned >1000 calories so to prevent dehydration I drank water like crazy that pm. Well Sunday morning I wake up with the ole dehydration-head crunch. Still went to church, felt groggy all day, but I'm ready to bring it today. 2nd recovery week ("recovery" isn't that an oximoron).

BRING IT!!!

I'm in week 5 so it's Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's for me today. Also ran 5 miles this morning. I like doubles. ;o) Yoga is not my favorite, but it's really beneficial. Sounds like you got a good workout this weekend! Enjoy Core Syn. ;o)

Jess
  • ChubbyBunny
    Well it's week 8 starting today for me and I'm in my second recovery week. I'm trying to find an alternative to yoga after doing a little research on it. Plyo continues to be the workout that just kicks my rear end. I think from a cardio stand point I like kenp the best, but it whupped me good Saturday and then I had to go and for 2-3 hours pickup limbs in my brother, parents and my yard. Needless to say, I wasn't sweating at all from the neck down and this concerned me. I probably burned >1000 calories so to prevent dehydration I drank water like crazy that pm. Well Sunday morning I wake up with the ole dehydration-head crunch. Still went to church, felt groggy all day, but I'm ready to bring it today. 2nd recovery week ("recovery" isn't that an oximoron).

BRING IT!!!

I'm in week 5 so it's Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's for me today. Also ran 5 miles this morning. I like doubles. ;o) Yoga is not my favorite, but it's really beneficial. Sounds like you got a good workout this weekend! Enjoy Core Syn. ;o)

Jess

Yoga is of the devil....honest! I only enjoy the last 5 minutes....that's it.
    I am on week 2....yeah yeah...I'm a bit slow.
    Any tips on healthier diet (aka more protein, that is fast and easy and NOT all meat)....I'd appreciate.
  • jessmomof3
    Any tips on healthier diet (aka more protein, that is fast and easy and NOT all meat)....I'd appreciate.

Devil yoga... :laugh: Cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu, protein powder (easy to make a protein shake or I like to add it to my Kashi cereal for more protein), tuna packets, low-fat cheese, etc. Anything sound good? :tongue:
  • carvan
    Way to go ChubbyBunny! Week 2 already! Is it getting a bit easier. LOL at the last 5minutes of Yoga! Isn't that the corpse pose! I never make it to there. I get through the first 50 minutes, except for the part where they do triangle pose and stay on the same leg for like at least 45 minutes. Like the balance poses (except for balancing on my elbows, senior moment, forget the name!) and belly 7 is okay, just sooooo long. As for protein, eggs are also good, anything with beans, cannelinie, black, kidney, chick peas. Can find some great salads made with these legumes on the net.

Dude: Okay went to the osteopath, it is pelvic in nature. Cannot rotate bad leg (or foot) outwards as much as right, and the opposite for the right side. Most other tests were weaker on the left side. So need to work on firing up those muscles which are being lazy! After an hour of manipulation, movement was improved, so have some exercises to do at home. Plus he will be in contact with my Trainer so that he can do lower body exercises that will help me. Was elated to know that I didn't do more harm by working out during this episode, as I was aware of my limitations.
    In another note, as jess said, Yoga is beneficial. Maybe you can find another tape that moves a bit faster that you will enjoy more? Or maybe Pilates? Again, thanks for your help.

off the make dinner

Carol
  • ChubbyBunny

Devil yoga... :laugh: Cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu, protein powder (easy to make a protein shake or I like to add it to my Kashi cereal for more protein), tuna packets, low-fat cheese, etc. Anything sound good? :tongue:

Well, I am slightly terrified at the mention of tofu.
    I actually have tuna, low-fat cheese and yogurt running around....
    I am not a huge fan of cottage cheese(I can tolerate it though) and I haven't found a really good tasting protein powder. My biggest issue is that with school I kinda have to do things grab and go. Which typically leads to higher carbs since they are easy.

I'd love to use more egg whites but I don't have time in the morning and at night I just don't feel em. Snacks are also a pain to try to wedge in. I typically eat breakfast driving to work (one of those Hungry Girl muffins with pumpkin) around 6:30, then I don't eat again til 11:15 (lunch), then I can snack a bit until 1:20 and then again at 3:00. It just seems sporadic and sometimes I forget to snack or my lunch is put on hold so I can pick up groceries for class.
  • I ordered my p90x last Aug. I was sttrugling with a lot of coronic pain then so I would be able to do a few days on then a few days off. So needless to say that I didn't have much succes. I did find that I was choking on all the food that the meal plan had me eat. I am training foe a 10 km right now but am looking forward to getting back into it.:happy: :bigsmile: it was serious work out thogh I loved it. Did anyone find that they had results like the before and after pics?
  • Well it's week 8 starting today for me and I'm in my second recovery week. I'm trying to find an alternative to yoga after doing a little research on it. Plyo continues to be the workout that just kicks my rear end. I think from a cardio stand point I like kenp the best, but it whupped me good Saturday and then I had to go and for 2-3 hours pickup limbs in my brother, parents and my yard. Needless to say, I wasn't sweating at all from the neck down and this concerned me. I probably burned >1000 calories so to prevent dehydration I drank water like crazy that pm. Well Sunday morning I wake up with the ole dehydration-head crunch. Still went to church, felt groggy all day, but I'm ready to bring it today. 2nd recovery week ("recovery" isn't that an oximoron).

BRING IT!!!

Jess

Yep week 5 CS&T is a MONSTER, those side to side pushups, plange pushups and plyo pushups almost made me gag LOL!!! Keep up the good work.

BRING IT!!!

Jess

Way to go Bunny, keep bringing it!!!
  • Way to go ChubbyBunny! Week 2 already! Is it getting a bit easier. LOL at the last 5minutes of Yoga! Isn't that the corpse pose! I never make it to there. I get through the first 50 minutes, except for the part where they do triangle pose and stay on the same leg for like at least 45 minutes. Like the balance poses (except for balancing on my elbows, senior moment, forget the name!) and belly 7 is okay, just sooooo long. As for protein, eggs are also good, anything with beans, cannelinie, black, kidney, chick peas. Can find some great salads made with these legumes on the net.

Dude: Okay went to the osteopath, it is pelvic in nature. Cannot rotate bad leg (or foot) outwards as much as right, and the opposite for the right side. Most other tests were weaker on the left side. So need to work on firing up those muscles which are being lazy! After an hour of manipulation, movement was improved, so have some exercises to do at home. Plus he will be in contact with my Trainer so that he can do lower body exercises that will help me. Was elated to know that I didn't do more harm by working out during this episode, as I was aware of my limitations.
    In another note, as jess said, Yoga is beneficial. Maybe you can find another tape that moves a bit faster that you will enjoy more? Or maybe Pilates? Again, thanks for your help.

off the make dinner

Carol

Cool, sounded like the pelvis. It's all connected from the front via cartilage to the rear (SI joints). Anything gets out of wack and it can cause some serious pain.
  • I ordered my p90x last Aug. I was sttrugling with a lot of coronic pain then so I would be able to do a few days on then a few days off. So needless to say that I didn't have much succes. I did find that I was choking on all the food that the meal plan had me eat. I am training foe a 10 km right now but am looking forward to getting back into it.:happy: :bigsmile: it was serious work out thogh I loved it. Did anyone find that they had results like the before and after pics?

Well I won't have those awesome before and after pics, but I do see a difference in 8 weeks. I'll have to be better boy with my diet.

Let's get it going now!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    I forgot to drink my recovery drink today so I may be hating life tomorrow!
    I kinda pansied out today on Core Syn as well.

I need to be WAY better on diet if I want amazing pics...but I can tell things are tightening and toning all ready...Go fig.
  • jessmomof3
    I ordered my p90x last Aug. I was sttrugling with a lot of coronic pain then so I would be able to do a few days on then a few days off. So needless to say that I didn't have much succes. I did find that I was choking on all the food that the meal plan had me eat. I am training foe a 10 km right now but am looking forward to getting back into it.:happy: :bigsmile: it was serious work out thogh I loved it. Did anyone find that they had results like the before and after pics?

Sorry about the pain! Good job training for your 10K, I have one coming up on Sat. :wink: I love my P90X. I wouldn't say that I've had the most dramatic results, I've lost about 6 lbs and over 12". But my body looks a LOT better and I have real muscles! LOL No more back rolls, I have muscles.

My dh has been just doing the 3 weight workouts a week (he's a busy guy, that's about all he can fit in) w/ me and he's lost about 10 lbs and at least 2" off his waist. All of his jeans are too big and he's really put on muscle.

You have to be serious about eating clean also, just doing the workouts and not eating well will NOT give you the results you want. HTH! Ask away if you have questions!

Jess