30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started it! Today was my 1st day. It was an amazing workout :-)
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a guess-timate of how many calories this burns?

It all depends on the person and if you are following the beginner girl or not. When I do mine I burn 140-150 cals I know from my bodybugg I follow the advanced girl and I am 5'4" 155 lbs but I have a slow matabolism because I did a 800-1000 calorie a day diet for a year and now have to work it back up. Hope this helps

I just did level 1, it was 28mins & I burned 464 cals :-)
  • meadows654
    Options
    Ok, so I've been reading post after post about how great 30 Day Shred is. I saw that it was on demand on cable and bit the bullet and decided to give it a try tonight. I only managed to get through one circuit when it shut off because other shows were recording on the DVR! What I did of it was intense. I'll try it again Thurs or Fri depending on my body. I'm so happy I've decided to do this!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I am in. Im actually about to attempt to do it right now
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Well I ended up buying it tonight after all, so I will get started tomorrow! :happy:
  • rosita76
    Options
    bump
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 30 of the shred today. I didn't do it every day, but did it twice on days after I missed. In the first 30 days I lost 2 inches from my midriff and 2 inches from my lower abdomen-just the kind of results I was hoping for. I have also started again with another group.

If you are age-challenged or have a bad knee I can suggest that you follow Anita on all lunges and squats until you see how it goes. I do most of the jumping moves on my mini trampoline just to protect my knee, I still feel like I'm getting a good workout. I also do the modified push ups using a folded blanket under my knees for cushion.

It would be fun for folks to point out what Jillian says during the workout that you find really amusing or irritating. It may change throughout the level if you do each level for 10 days.

Have fun! Edited to add that tears may be shed during the workout, be prepared!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I've had the 30 day shred for quite some time now.. I'd say maybe a little under a year.. hahaha.
    But I LOVE it. I just did it again today and it's such an incredible workout in such a short amount of time. It's perfect because I can't say "I don't have time to work out" when all I need to do is set aside 20 minutes.

The reason I've never completed the shred is because I get bored really easily. So, I think I found a solution.
    I bought Jillian's Yoga Meltdown as well as her 6 week six pack. They're awesome.
    The yoga DVD is excellent because it's still an aerobic workout, but it's not as intense as the shred. Although, you do gain a good amount of strength and flexibility.
    I'd put the 6 week six pack up there with the shred too. When I started this DVD, I was thinking, "oh, just some sit ups for a half an hour." WRONG.
    She has you do lots of cardio and circuits and at one point even SHE is out of breath.

So, in short- (lol) my advice to those who get bored is to use variety. I did the 6-pack on Sunday, yoga yesterday and the shred today. Also, different workouts help burn more calories and tone your body overall. I'm also a college student who rides horses-so any sort of break I have isn't going to be that long. So the 20-45 min DVDs are perfect for me.

Hope you all have a great time shredding!!
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I AM DOING THE 30 DAY SHRED I AM ON LEVEL 1 DAY 3 I STARTED IT LAST WEEK BUT JOINED A GROUP THAT STARTED MONDAY SO I RESTARTED, I HAVE TO PAUSE THE DVD AT TIMES TO CATCH MY BREATH I AM A SMOKER SO I NEED LONGER THAN 5 SECONDS BUT EACH DAY GETS EASIER I AM PLANNING ON DOING LEVEL 1 FOR 10 DAYS AND SO ON AND I WILL KEEP DOING LEVEL 3 UNTIL I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT I HIGHLY SUGGUST 30 DAY SHRED :happy:
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I bought this from Amazon yesterday. Hopefully I can do it.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My second day of the shred was today and I'm feeling it! I'm doing the 200 sit-ups / 100 push-ups challenges at the same time (M-W-F), so I couldn't make all the push-ups in shred today, but aside from that, I did make it through!

My morning routine goes stretching - yoga - (sit ups - push ups -) shred - more stretching :smile:

I thought I was too fat and out of shape to do it, but i'm glad I talked myself into it!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Heh... after reading this earlier today, i thought perfect, I'll dust it off and try it again. My DVD player in my computer was acting weird and took forever to get the DVD started, then i got halfway through and my computer decided it was time to update and so, right in the middle of the workout, it did the update, and restarted! GRRRR! I persisted in jogging in place until it rebooted, and figured out how to get it started again, fast forwarded to my place and finally finished it up. I forgot how hard it is and there are places I don't use my 3 lb weights when you are supposed to but I finished Day 1 Level 1. :D Day 2 will be Friday (thursday nights are zumba).

Keep it up ladies - it might be a bumpy ride but worth the effort!
  • dakotasky
    Options
    So I start doing the 30 day shred and my dvd player died on me! I was so mad that I just went to the gym.
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this post. I have done the shred before (never got past level 1). I get bored with doing the same thing every day but I love the way I feel and that I can challenge myself. The first time I did it I got to day 5 and my husband, an avid hiker, wanted to take me hiking. We went on his favorite summit hike (we only went 1/2 way) I had only been on part of it before and it had been almost a year, he goes regularly. I totally kicked his butt and he and his friends couldn't keep up. I know its because of shred! Without it I would have been sucking wind with them =). So here I go...a new day 1 at 10pm.

I did it! and my arms are jello! I am having trouble typing - yay! Also, I realized I struggle with getting my body to do side lunges. I also figured one more thing out. In the past I didn't like the ab workout because I thought it was too easy, tonight I really pushed myself (having less on my midsection helped) but I also noticed the breathing she tells you to do makes the cruches soooo much more effective! Well, now on to day 2...
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It would be fun for folks to point out what Jillian says during the workout that you find really amusing or irritating. It may change throughout the level if you do each level for 10 days.

Ok, So I totally forgot until today that I get so irritated when she calls Anita (the easier workout girl) "buddy" - ugh! Totally gets to me!
    But, I really like when she says that by day 5 it will be much easier. I like this one because it is soooo true! I just wish I didn't get bored by day 5!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Yay, we have a lot of people doing this video. I'm really excited to hear about everyone's results!

Kristin, why don't you try mixing up your workout some. I know other people have posted that they alternate workout videos each day (you don't have to do all 30 days in a row). I'm going to keep the 30DS as a constant in my workout and change around the additional exercises I want to do. So some days I'll do the Shred with my C25K, some days I'll do it with the Elliptical and some days I'll only do the shred. I'm hoping that keeps me entertained.

As for feeling that the video is repetitive, I haven't watched it yet, but I'm seriously hoping I block it out otherwise I won't be able to come back for a second day!
  • KadieA
    Options
    I attempted to start last night but could only make it through 6 minutes (my mom gave me 5 lbs weights!). I this morning I told myself to try and make it through at least 15 minutes but I made it through the whole 30 minutes. I feel like hurling but I feel great. I am going to stick to this and try to get my mom involved :)
  • KadieA
    Options
    Curious...how do you log this in your exercises?
  • KadieA
    Options
    In referring to the repetition after you know the work out pretty well you can mute the dvd and turn on work out music lol :)
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I log it in a circuit training for 27 minutes. For L1 I used 3 pound weights and now Im trying to use 5 pound weights for L2