Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Options
    got my challenge in today--walked 2 miles actually, while pushing my 2 year old in the stroller and carrying my 1 year old in my front pack.

Exhausted. But feel so good. :)
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just a little late.

Tue 02/01/11 05:03 AMScreen name: sdhorne
    Goal for February 28th: 238
    February 1st (starting weight): 248.6
    February 10th: 243.8
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I swear--it's just never gonna work for me. I took a peek at the scale this morning, hoping that I'd see a change. And I sure did--up 2 lbs! How is that even possible in one day?
    So discouraging.

I'm with you Brenda its soo discouraging - I've soooo good since Tues weigh in & I was hoping it would show on the scales but like you I'm up 2lb - how :explode: I've been under on my cals every day & worked out but i'm not giving up I'm hoping Tues will be a better picture:mad: Best of luck with the rest of the week don't let this get you down :flowerforyou:
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Screen name:barbsus1991
    Goal for February 28th: 248
    February 1st (starting weight): 258
    February 8th: 255
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    So far the week has been going great for me. The past couple days I was feeling really motivated and today I was bad and checked the scale, right now I'm already down a pound since Tuesday! That made me very excited but I'm trying to not get my hopes up, I know the scale can fluctuate a lot from day to day. I hope the number won't have gone up by next weigh-in!

Hope everyone's weeks are going good so far, I can see that all of you have been working hard! Those of you that aren't seeing results, don't let your lack of loss get you down. With all your hard work it will happen soon.

2Young4This, thank you so much for all the work you've put in for this group! You've done a great job leading us and we all really appreciate it!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I have had a pretty blah week and my feelings of motivation are down, but I am still acting whether I feel like it or not. I started The 30 Day Shred this week, added to C25K which I was already doing. I have gotten in my extra mile every day so far.

Keep encouraged everyone!!! :smile:
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well I have good news for everyone... as you know I have found the last couple of weeks very difficult motivation wise. Everyday I have woken up and thought "OK I will get back to it today" and everyday I've done worse than the day before.
    Well finally I am back on it. I'm taking one day at a time and my plan at the moment is to stay within my calorie goals and just do a bit of exercise each day. I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I'm going to do that each day.

To anyone who has fallen off the wagon - ONE DAY AT A TIME. Just try today to make some good choices.

How is everyone getting on with the challenge. I've done a mile each day and today I am going on a three mile brisk walk.

2Y4T x
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Well I have good news for everyone... as you know I have found the last couple of weeks very difficult motivation wise. Everyday I have woken up and thought "OK I will get back to it today" and everyday I've done worse than the day before.
    Well finally I am back on it. I'm taking one day at a time and my plan at the moment is to stay within my calorie goals and just do a bit of exercise each day. I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I'm going to do that each day.

To anyone who has fallen off the wagon - ONE DAY AT A TIME. Just try today to make some good choices.

How is everyone getting on with the challenge. I've done a mile each day and today I am going on a three mile brisk walk.

2Y4T x

YAY for new motivation! Keep up the good work! :happy: Taking things one day at a time is great advice.

I also started the 30 day shred yesterday, I'm looking forward to day 2 today.
  • bri293
    Options

2Y4T x

Yay for you getting your motivation back! That's the hardest part with this whole weight loss thing. I have to live my life the same way that you said, one day at a time. I never have the motivation to do too much each day, but a little every day has been helping me see some results.

I'm off to complete my challenge for today, and I'm hoping to keep it up this weekend! Good luck this weekend to everyone, I know that is the hardest time for many of us to stay focused!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Since my birthday is tomorrow and i'm going to my favorite Japanese cuisine place I decided to hop on the scale and see how i've been doing. I only went to the gym yesterday so far because my week as been packed. I saw an 8 as the second number!! I am out of the 190s. I am probably going to the gym today (and maybe even tomorrow) and then on monday so I hope I can keep the yummy tempura from bloating me up! I hope everyone else has a great weekend!
  • 2Young4This
    Options
    Since my birthday is tomorrow and i'm going to my favorite Japanese cuisine place I decided to hop on the scale and see how i've been doing. I only went to the gym yesterday so far because my week as been packed. I saw an 8 as the second number!! I am out of the 190s. I am probably going to the gym today (and maybe even tomorrow) and then on monday so I hope I can keep the yummy tempura from bloating me up! I hope everyone else has a great weekend!

I love your attitude... workout more so you can eat the foods you love!
    Have a lovely birthday and enjoy the Japanese!:flowerforyou: x
  • danrenee
    Options
    So nice to read everyone's up and down comments. It's always a challenge and hard work. I, too, love the idea of working out more so that you can enjoy a treat without feeling guilty. I haven't been doing the challenges, but rather just stuck to my original workouts. I will try for the extra challenges this week. I feel like I am in such a better mood with my kids when I am sticking to my plan and taking care of me. I hope you all feel the same.

Enjoy the weekend....and relax, spend time with family! Remember the weekend means taking a break from the weekly routine and taking time for yourself.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options

2Y4T x

Wonderful news!! That is why this is a journey. We will hit a few bumps in the road! Keep up the good work!
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ive been increasing my normal gym workouts every night as well as getting my extra mile in there, so im keeping up with the challenge for the week!
  • 2Young4This
    Options
    Who's going to get their extra miles in today?? I'm going up to Spitalfields Market today and I will surely get lots of walking in!
    Also got up early to do the 30 day shred!
    Enjoy your weekends everyone. If you find weekends hard just try to make one or two good choices and you will feel better and more motivated.
    Go for it and don't hold back!

2Y4T x
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Great job 2Y4T!!! :happy:

I got my extra mile in today after the 30 day shred! :happy: Weekends are my hardest time, but I have a game plan to succeed! We are going out for my FIL's birthday tonight, but I already know what I am going to order. Today is a God made eating day for me, so I will just skip cake afterward.
  • bri293
    Options
    I've definitely been getting my extra miles in this weekend... been doing a lot of window shopping and walking with my boyfriend since the weather was nice. So far this weekend I've been doing pretty good with limiting the calories, mainly so I won't feel so guilty tonight! I won't see my boy tomorrow so we're going out for dinner tonight and I don't plan on being very good! I'm going to enjoy myself and eat what I want and hopefully it won't be too bad on Tuesday!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    BY FAR, the best week I've ever had working the program! Everyday busted it outta the box...I am so thrilled :tongue:

A week of firsts :devil: First BodyPump, it was so awesome that I did it twice, first Core session...yeap, twice, & first BootCamp Fitness...I kinda did it twice....did half and died, but I actually went back and did the other half!

Yeap great week :happy:

Hope tomorrow's weigh-in reflects this week's worth!
    mj
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    I've screwed up all weekend.

No exercise, crap food.

Wow. Don't want to see that scale.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Just popping to say hello! Hope all is well.

Have a good week and remember below this week!:flowerforyou:

Daily Inspiration for February 13, 2011

Appreciate imperfection.

Some of the most precious gems in the world have flaws that do not diminish their worth. When a diamond is a deep yellow or brown, it is considered more valuable. So, what you might assume is a serious flaw is really a great strength.

Do you judge yourself by impossible standards? Do you berate yourself for lack of perfection? Your flaws make you unique and precious. Your sensitivity means you are compassionate. Not looking perfect makes you approachable. Surviving pain brings others hope. You are not a worthless rock; you are a precious gem.

Action for the day: Think of three people you admire. How do their flaws make them unique and precious? What flaws might people appreciate in you?

© 2009, Katie Jay. All rights reserved