30 day shred

Options

Replies

• patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just ordered the dvd today and got a bit confused. I thought it was a 60 minute workout but it's just 20...is that enough or do you guys do any other means of exercise?

I do other forms of exercise. I'm doing the C25K program 3x's a week. I also go to Zumba & Yoga class.
  • tsamak310
    Options
    Hey everyone! Would love to join this group in the 30 day shred! Seems to be more interactive compared to another group I joined! I finished level 1 day 2 last night and am feeling it today! Holy cow my chest and arms are sore today!! I really, really want to get through all 30 days of the shred because it puts me at a finish date a day before my birthday! It will be my to-me, from-me gift to look and feel better!!

I haven't taken my measurements, but plan on doing so tonight. I started at 143 pounds and very "soft". My end goal would be to see less back fat and a decrease in my love handles! As these have always been a problem spot for me. Jillian has definitely kicked my butt the past 2 nights and I feel so great about it!! I took before pictures in hopes that my after pictures really show some good results! I don't think I have ever worked out this hard in only 20 minutes. It has been over a year, almost 2, since I really worked out, so this is leaving me gasping for air and sweating up a storm. I love it!!

Good luck to everyone! And I really hope this will be great motivation for myself and others!
  • burgesnd
    Options
    Just did L1D1 last night...I am definetly feeling it today! I HATE jumping rope!! By the end cardio session my legs were shaking and my knees really hurt. Hopefully it gets easier. I love the abs sessions as it gives me a little time to breath. I am determined to get through this...Good Luck to All!!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't mind jumping rope.....its the jumping jacks that get to me and both are on L2 which is where I am at right now....
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just completed D1 Lvl 1....my legs will not stop shaking. I didn't think it'd be too bad because I usually do about 30 minutes of Tae Bo a day but that totally kicked my butt :laugh:
  • smrach83
    Options
    okay, I just finished the 30 day shred!! YAY!! now, how to i log it into my exercise log? I can't find it!!! I worked way to hard not to track this!!
  • daisabelle
    Options
    I just listed it as high impact aerobics but i'm not sure if that's correct or not.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i log it in as circuit training
  • M_lifts
    Options
    L1D3..Down.. This is getting a little bit easier. The push ups are a little hard for me doing the modified too. The worst is the front raises! UGH! They are getting better. Thanks for everyone's support. Good luck tomorrow guys!

I agree on the front arm raises with the side lunge! I really feel those!

i hear you ladies! its a lot of hard work! im on level one day 7 and its def getting easier! trying to keep up with natalie on somethings! lol!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    I just listed it as high impact aerobics but i'm not sure if that's correct or not.

i log zumba in as high impact aerobics but not sure abt 30ds
  • daisabelle
    Options

i log zumba in as high impact aerobics but not sure abt 30ds

Thank you :smile: That would make more sense, didn't think of that heh! Turns out I've burnt more than I thought then.
  • busygirl1
    Options
    just about to do day 4 and am going to have to put the dog in the kitchen as she is progressively getting more and more interested in my workouts! Abs are hard enough with out 10kg of dog on your chest! Feeling a bit sick as have eaten loads of chocolate today. Does anyone have any diet plans going alongside the shred? I think i need to get back on track with my eating next week or will not get good results. :sad:
  • busygirl1
    Options
    I don't mind jumping rope.....its the jumping jacks that get to me and both are on L2 which is where I am at right now....

they make me want to wee!
  • busygirl1
    Options
    Hey everyone! Would love to join this group in the 30 day shred! Seems to be more interactive compared to another group I joined! I finished level 1 day 2 last night and am feeling it today! Holy cow my chest and arms are sore today!! I really, really want to get through all 30 days of the shred because it puts me at a finish date a day before my birthday! It will be my to-me, from-me gift to look and feel better!!

I haven't taken my measurements, but plan on doing so tonight. I started at 143 pounds and very "soft". My end goal would be to see less back fat and a decrease in my love handles! As these have always been a problem spot for me. Jillian has definitely kicked my butt the past 2 nights and I feel so great about it!! I took before pictures in hopes that my after pictures really show some good results! I don't think I have ever worked out this hard in only 20 minutes. It has been over a year, almost 2, since I really worked out, so this is leaving me gasping for air and sweating up a storm. I love it!!

Good luck to everyone! And I really hope this will be great motivation for myself and others!

welcome, yes they do seem to be a good bunch in the group with lots of support :smile:
  • Emilyrae72
    Emilyrae72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of L3 and let me tell you NOTHING has worked this great for my body in such a short time! All my Christmas pudge is gone. My belly is showing definition and so are my thighs. It's SUCH DARN hard work but soooo worth it! Hang in there those of you who have just started! I do it 6 days a week. Each time I start a new level I think..."I'll never be able to do THIS one". But you know what? You just somehow do it! I am always thinking "30 minutes, 30 minutes, 30 minutes" and next thing you know, you are in the zone and it's COOLDOWN time baby. I am going to buy Shred It with weights next I think! I swear I am sweating and grunting like a pig doing the 30 day shred with 5 lb hand weights, I can't imagine what it will be like with a kettlebell, lol.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's funny! My dogs get really excited when I start the video, they think that I want to play when I'm doing the cardio. When I'm doing abs, they think I want to wrestle or something. LOL.

Just completed Day 4 of Level 1 :) I'm not annoyed with the video yet, which is great! I am still a bit sore especially on my shoulders and abs. Onto Day 5 tomorrow!

Everyone's doing great so far, keep it up!
  • rcoulombe
    Options
    I'm getting excited about starting shred! I just previewed Level 1, so I know what to expect. It looks very similar to one of my weight training classes I take at the gym, but at a faster pace. Basically 60 minutes put into 20 minutes. I won't be taking that class while I'm doing shred. Can't wait to get started! :)
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done. Still a day behind, hoping to catch up soon. I just wasn't ready to hear "your neck is not invited to this party" twice today! ;>
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Level1Day7 complete :) i definitely notice a difference in my belly! DH says he can see a difference :)
    Starting level 2 tomorrow :)
  • tsamak310
    Options
    Finished D3L1 last night! Feeling MUCH better today! Not nearly as sore! Looking forward to shredding tonight!