Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey all just a quick post for me. Been a crazy week- anxiously awaiting a phone call from the fiance (he is on the phone with the insurance company of the guy who hit his car while it was parked last week) we are waiting to hear from them what they are going to offer for a settlement amount since the car was totaled.

Anyway, got my run in yesterday. It was a rest day for me from lifting. My ultimate goal was to go longer than I had before (which was a little over 1.1 miles at a 12 min mile pace.) So I targeted 15minutes which would bring me to 1.25 miles. I was really hoping for 1.5 miles or 18 minutes. I was so in to it mentally and was really grooving and then right around 14:30 my legs starting going (still too exhausted from my lifting on Monday) so I pushed it to 15:30 and had to go to walking to finish out the workout.

All in all I am super happy- beat my distance from before. Will continue to work on the intervals and next week do another "long" run to see where its all at! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday

Cait
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    Quick selfish vent -

So i'm supposed to be writing my paper.. But I have this stupid thing on my mind and I just thought maybe writing it out here would help take my mind of it when I'm done (uh..does that even make sense?)

It's really not a big deal at all but I'm very much an obsessor by nature. I'm also a procrastinator, the two things worth perfectly when you need to do something (paper) but can't stop thinking about something else (obsession) so the thing never gets done! (procrastination!))

I had mentioned previously that my car had gone to Honda Heaven. I have now been car-less for a full month!!! (First time in 6 years) I am managing to survive but it's been very hard on me and even harder on my relationship with my husband! I have always had my own vehicle and he is pretty used to me getting around by myself. It's been super stressful and we've had a bazillion fights. ANYWAY...

I have like, zero dollars for a new vehicle but I was blessed with a cheque in the mail from the Government the same week we found out about the car. I had been audited for my income tax and they were readjusting my return for 3000$!! We had to use 800$ to get our poor selves out of overdraft (shame) but agreed the rest could could be put towards a new (old) vehicle for me. Obviously there isnt' very much in the 2200$ price market but I've been hunting obsessively. Finally I found a car that looked like a really good scene (aka: it wasn't a write off, didn't require it be purchased 'as-is" and wasn't older than me.) It's a '00 Cavalier and it's even the sporty edition! Only downside is that it's being sold from a town 3hrs away. I e-mailed the lady anyway and she got back to us saying it was still for sale. We e-mail chatted a bit and she confided that she'd actually not been driving the car since the summer because she had bought a new one. She said she had taken it to the mechanic two weeks ago however to have a new alternator/battery put in and that it was running "great". Now I've gone and gotten my heart totally set on it so my husband and I are planning to go out and look at it on Sunday. I e-mailed her again today to tell her that we would come on Sunday and I also mentioned that we would like to make some kind of condition on the bill of sale requiring that we be able to get the car back to my city without issue. (aka: if it only makes it halfway and breaks down on the highway then I tow it back to her and get my money back) Since then she hasn't e-mailed me back!! It hasn't been THAT long since I e-mailed her but previously she was quite prompt. I hope I didnt scare her off by seeming like a wheeler dealer - and I hope that she isn't not writing back because the car is scabby!

The point of this is that I've gone and bought this car in my head. I pretty much already own it as far as my heart is concerned. So now I'm all panicky and obsessively checking my phone to see if I have a new e-mail. And my mind just keeps going over it in my head, "I shouldn't have written that/should have waited to see the car"...blah blah.

I have some chicken broth simmering away on the stove (leftover rotisserie chicken bones) and I know I need to get a work out in (AND FINISH THIS PAPER) I have a little bowl of exactly 1c of plain cheerios on the desk and I'm angrily munching one at a time. Why can't I just chill!!

Anyway...sorry that was so blabbery and totally pointless..I do feel a little bit better now..Sigh..
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    *bump* for now!!!

thanks to everyone for all of the compliments!!

and everyone keep up the great work!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @lostalykat - don't let that 0.5 lbs get you down! you're doing great!

@meagalayne - your cabbage salad sounds good.. make me some! i love warm salads. i made quinoa salad for the first time yesterday!

@finncmh - congrats on beating your previous distance! love setting personal records.

@kbellnurse - i totally get the procrastination/obsession thing. totally happens to me all the time. i hope you will be able to get a good car either way (whether from this lady or not)! perhaps you can try emailing her again to see if she will reply.

@rachellynch83 & @jnlynch - level 1 day 4 completed. experiencing some knee pains, especially my right knee. i do have knee problems from playing sports competitively (earlier in life). do any of you get knee pains from the workouts? i know i have good posture, my knees don't go over my toes, i dig my heels in instead of the balls of my feet etc. any advice?

AFM - ahhh i have been binging a good amount everyday. i don't know why.. : ((( it is so difficult! i don't do it if i have someone around but my roommate goes home to OC a lot. it's really HINDERING my weight loss. i went out and bought all these healthy foods and i didn't buy any trigger items at all!!! even though my favorite chips + chocolates were on sale.

i made quinoa salad with raisin, corn & onions last night. first time making quinoa! and i made vegan mocha chocolate chip banana muffins too. yum.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for letting me get that off my chest, I have been feeling off today and it feels good to at least vent a little. Sorry if it was annoying or lame to anyone.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Here's my salad recipe for any interested parties: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/171844-warm-cabbage-roasted-squash-and-black-bean-salad

It turned out GREAT! Warm with soft pieces and still a little crunch in the cabbage. Oh - and full of fiber and amazingly nutritious! Go ahead. Make it. I dare ya!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    @ lolahippie & rachel- i don't get knee pain, but sometimes my one ankle (always been a problem from rolling it one too many times playing soccer in HS). do you still have any of your old knee supports from the sports days? i've considered pulling out my old ankle support for the gym before. i'm LOVING the 30 Day Shred so far. how do you guys like it? i'm still struggling with the push ups (prob always will lol) & the last circuit's lunges with the weights lifted to eye level (by the second time i'm almost begging Jillian to to be finished), but besides that i'm not sore the next day anymore & my clothes are fitting nicer! don't forget to measure when you finish day 5! i read somewhere that you should see a difference in inches by then. i forgot to measure before i started, but my clothes are looser, so i know i have!

@ megan- i LOVE that you post recipes. i want to make your protein brownies at some point. :o) idk if i'm adventurous enough for your green monster though.

@ kbellnurse- i'm sorry you're still stuck in this car pickle. i hope this lady gets back to you. try to relax, she may not be technologically inclined with a phone that gets e-mail & not check her computer frequently, so give her 24 hours. if she still hasn't w/b maybe start looking elsewhere because maybe she was a scam & it's for the better. Let's hope everything works out great & she gets back to you quickly though! i am also procrastinating a nursing paper, which is why i'm reading through the forums :o) lol i really need to get moving on it.

quick update: today got off to a rough start, but it turned around nicely. i had an awful time getting out of bed this morning because it was cold & i was tired, i burnt my vitatop for breakfast & it was the last one i had, so i ate a banana & a kashi breakfast bar instead, i argued with a friend over basically nothing at school, then a classmate noticed my weight loss (i've gained 20lbs since meeting him last march & taken off 14 of it in the past couple months & am short, so my scrubs going from tighter to lose & my round face thinning back out. it was a nice motivational confidence boost :oD), & my friend apologized for being nasty over nothing, & i got home & did my 30 Day Shred, went grocery shopping for healthy, yummy foods to make for dinners & pack for lunches. i'm doing a great job on my caloric intake this week & my exercising. i'm actually looking forward to Monday's weigh in! we're almost through the second week of February! now i really should go work on my paper :o) & try to get in another nalgene of water today. i love this thread, it's really inspiring to hear everyone's stories & have so much support.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @Rachel: Here's the recipe I use for my hummus base: http://mideastfood.about.com/od/dipsandsauces/r/hummusredpepper.htm Tahini was hard to find for me. Turns out it can be found in the organic section of the grocery store, but I picked mine up at a middle east food mart. The roasted red pepper is a really good flavor, but I just started making a spinach artichoke flavor - which is the same as this recipe, minus the roasted red peppers and adding about 5oz of wilted spinach, 2 chopped up artichoke hearts, and about 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.

@Tj: WTG sticking to your goals and for that fabulous loss!!! :flowerforyou:

@Kbellnurse: I hope the car thing works out for you - sucks that it's causing so much trouble. Good luck on the paper!! I get that way too. I am a fantastic procrastinator. I've cleaned the entire apartment to avoid a paper before. You've got this girl!!!

@Jnlynch: Great job!! That's wonderful that your friend noticed your hard work. What a confidence boost! Good luck on Monday's WI.

@Lola: I tend to binge when my roommate is away too. I've found for me that a couple carrot sticks put an end to the binging for at least an hour. Do you have any of them in your fridge? Maybe you could put the healthy stuff that you bought next to the temptations, so they're just as convenient. Way to go passing up the chips and chocolates! I completely failed at that last time I went grocery shopping.

@Cait: Your run sounds awesome! Yay for beating your previous distance!! Love that feeling when you can see and feel definite improvement.

@Kandace: I'm so glad that you're feeling better and refreshed. Good moods make everything so much better. Definitely sending the good luck vibes for your WI tomorrow. And I am confident that you will fit in that final workout for this week.

@Aly: Sorry that you're so stressed out about the bf situation - but I think that you had the right idea of breathing and taking some time to remember what you love and what makes you happy. The friend date sounds like exactly what you needed today. You are definitely entitled to a rant, especially since it helped you to feel a little better about the situation.

AFM: I re-started C25K again today. All the talk on this thread has inspired me to really try to get into running. Plus I'm a bit of a bleeding heart who wants to save the world and in the back of my mind I really want to be able to run 5ks for causes. I've tried the C25K program twice before in the past two months. Both times I did D1 and D2 and before I could do D3 I would get sick - like super sick :grumble: so I stopped - and stayed stopped. If I am super sick by Tuesday, then I think that means I'm cursed!! BUT I can tell that there's a big difference between when I first tried the program to when I restarted it today. Not saying it was easy to get through, but I didn't feel like I was going to die while doing it! I'm really excited about that - and I'm going to use it as inspiration to keep going through this program.

Fabulously satisfying dinner tonight! I found a recipe for Jamaican Chicken Breasts with Mashed Sweet Potatoes on the Special K website of all places! Here it is if anyone's interested: http://www.specialk.com/tips-and-tools/healthy-recipes/jamaican-chicken-breast-mashed-sweet-potatoes/print I am very happy with how it turned out, very hearty, a tiny bit spicy - and the best part: enough for leftovers :happy:

Goodnight Everyone!
    Meredith
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well since its just after midnight for most of you right now, I guess you wont mind that I am being totally selfish right now........

I just wieghed in... 162!~!~!~!~ woot woot!!!~!~!~! That means I am one pound under where I started this month, even after the 2pd gain after the super bowl!!!! Well only 5 pounds to go now. Banana for breakfast and some intense cardio to jump start my weekend.

I was hoping for another hike like last weekend but the boys dont want to to it if its going to rain. There is already mud pooling so Im guessing I need to come up with my own Saturday adventure. Maybe I will treat my Cody to a special walk to the nearest town. Round trip willl be 10k. If I can do 12k with 15 pds and a FAST pace, then im sure I can do 10k with a dog. There is a tiny little German Bakery in the center of town. If I leave early I can stop there for my morning cup of coffee as a treat!~! The bakery, like most German businesses, lets me bring Cody inside, so if its raining I wont have to worry about him being sad. The woman even gives Cody a bowl of water when we come in. I don't speak German so I have NO idea what she is saying, but shes a cute old lady and Im sure she knows how much I apreciate it. If she hates me and my dog she has a funny way of showing it!~!~!

I have a meeting this morning and then I am going to look into some volunteer oportunities at the Army Community Services (ACS) in my area. Wish me luck!~!~!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!~!~! I hope everyones WI goes well. Give a stranger a compliment this weekend, it will make their day!
  • jbars11
    Options
    Quick selfish vent -

So i'm supposed to be writing my paper.. But I have this stupid thing on my mind and I just thought maybe writing it out here would help take my mind of it when I'm done (uh..does that even make sense?)

It's really not a big deal at all but I'm very much an obsessor by nature. I'm also a procrastinator, the two things worth perfectly when you need to do something (paper) but can't stop thinking about something else (obsession) so the thing never gets done! (procrastination!))

I had mentioned previously that my car had gone to Honda Heaven. I have now been car-less for a full month!!! (First time in 6 years) I am managing to survive but it's been very hard on me and even harder on my relationship with my husband! I have always had my own vehicle and he is pretty used to me getting around by myself. It's been super stressful and we've had a bazillion fights. ANYWAY...

I have like, zero dollars for a new vehicle but I was blessed with a cheque in the mail from the Government the same week we found out about the car. I had been audited for my income tax and they were readjusting my return for 3000$!! We had to use 800$ to get our poor selves out of overdraft (shame) but agreed the rest could could be put towards a new (old) vehicle for me. Obviously there isnt' very much in the 2200$ price market but I've been hunting obsessively. Finally I found a car that looked like a really good scene (aka: it wasn't a write off, didn't require it be purchased 'as-is" and wasn't older than me.) It's a '00 Cavalier and it's even the sporty edition! Only downside is that it's being sold from a town 3hrs away. I e-mailed the lady anyway and she got back to us saying it was still for sale. We e-mail chatted a bit and she confided that she'd actually not been driving the car since the summer because she had bought a new one. She said she had taken it to the mechanic two weeks ago however to have a new alternator/battery put in and that it was running "great". Now I've gone and gotten my heart totally set on it so my husband and I are planning to go out and look at it on Sunday. I e-mailed her again today to tell her that we would come on Sunday and I also mentioned that we would like to make some kind of condition on the bill of sale requiring that we be able to get the car back to my city without issue. (aka: if it only makes it halfway and breaks down on the highway then I tow it back to her and get my money back) Since then she hasn't e-mailed me back!! It hasn't been THAT long since I e-mailed her but previously she was quite prompt. I hope I didnt scare her off by seeming like a wheeler dealer - and I hope that she isn't not writing back because the car is scabby!

The point of this is that I've gone and bought this car in my head. I pretty much already own it as far as my heart is concerned. So now I'm all panicky and obsessively checking my phone to see if I have a new e-mail. And my mind just keeps going over it in my head, "I shouldn't have written that/should have waited to see the car"...blah blah.

I have some chicken broth simmering away on the stove (leftover rotisserie chicken bones) and I know I need to get a work out in (AND FINISH THIS PAPER) I have a little bowl of exactly 1c of plain cheerios on the desk and I'm angrily munching one at a time. Why can't I just chill!!

Anyway...sorry that was so blabbery and totally pointless..I do feel a little bit better now..Sigh..

Kbell- I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you're feeling, that car is as good as yours (like you said in your heart you have already bought it, not to mention invested time and emotion into finding it and contacting the seller) *great job finding something that will work for you and in the price range!!* I too obsess over anything I pretty much can....it's so much easier said than done but I hope she gets back to you...perhaps you had caught her when she was able to access her email and then she ran out, made dinner, relaxed, etc. Try not to get upset until you know you have something concrete to be upset about. I will be sending good juju your way about your awesome new ride and my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here on out!!!

(I really hope that there isn't a post coming up that says the lady was a scammer and I just didn't get that far, but I had to respond as soon as I read your post!!) :flowerforyou:
  • jbars11
    Options
    lostalykat & meag- you are both so positive!!! I love it...I'm hoping it'll rub off on me sooner or later :blushing: My TOM is just around the corner so I know I was probably over sensitive to her conversation...On top of that I felt a little ambushed walking into my house....mostly it was about me and about 10% about her....I guess I'm just not super confident yet, I'm a work in progress....I'm a work in progress....I"m a work in progress....*chants to self in office*

Thanks for the positive feedback, I am going to give SIL the benefit of the doubt and hope that it's coming from a loving place versus a not so loving place. I'm just not there yet so I'll just politely decline her invitations until I'm ready, but I think I will invite her to come to the indoor farmers market with me tomorrow morning...maybe there will be bonding over veggies :tongue:
  • KatySteele
    Options
    Great job Kan!!!

I have been working non-stop in February! I decided to umpire (indoors) last weekend (ON MY WEEKEND OFF) and it was a 48 hour tourney... so needless to say, I was up crazy late and super early and eating at all sorts of times! I hate staying in a hotel because it is so difficult to follow your healthy patterns! Didn't get that monster cardio workout in over the weekend, but have tried to make up for it this week!

GOOD NEWS is... still lost a lb---- that makes -5 lbs in three weeks! I am definitely pleased with that! Yippppeeee! I am going to Chicago this weekend to meet up with a teammate from college for her baby shower! Sooooo excited to see old friends!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    hey everyone - thanks for all the encouraging words and reading my vent!

The lady did e-mail me back but it took a turn for the worse when she mentioned that the car was a standard when on the the ad it said automatic. I'm not completely opposed to buying a standard but when i told my husband this morning he lost it because he said there have no been two "lies" on the ad. (Previously the km's were a bit off). I told him that she had told me both of the incongruencies so it wasn't as though she was trying to get my out there and then dropping it on me. He had this giant freak out. Told me that if I wouldn't listen to him he wouldn't help me. I've already been crying all over the place this am. I know that a car isn't that big of a deal, but I just want one so bad. I hate taking the bus, I can't do any of the things that I want, I feel trapped in this house all the time. And I hate even more being told what I can and cant' do!! This car is for me!! Last night i was so worked up about the whole thing that I had my first binge in over a month. It tasted and felt terrible too. Didn't help me at all. My husband is coming home in a couple hours and I hope we can have an actual not phone conversation. I don't know if we will pursue this particular car any further. He says he wants to phone her but I'm worried he'll just be an *kitten* and ruin it. I understand that he doesn't want to make a long drive if this car isn't what she's saying that it is - I'm just not quite as cutthroat as he is.

I was supposed to do my "fasted cardio" walk again this AM but i've just been too busy pouting around and crying. Haven't even eaten breakfast yet. I still have much of the paper to finish today. I'm trying to reset my brain, this day doesn't have to be shot because the morning was. But i'm just ruminating over it. I think honestly my husband is frustrating me even more than the situation. He has all the opinions and all the decisions but he isn't really helping me look. His solution was getting a workvan for his company and giving me his crappy truck. After I refused that I was kind of on my own.

Sorry again girls for the rant. I'm going to do some cleansing yoga breaths here and try and move on with the day. I'll pop in a bit later and reply to some other people's posts. I might go do my walk now, stomachs pretty knotty for eating oatmeal..
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Morning/afternoon everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! :bigsmile:

Ok well, I was up til about 4:20am yesterday after work and a late 9:30am sleep in was the best my body would allow... Ugh! So much for feeling rested for the weekend. Ah well. Hoping to have a lazy night in tonight, but have lots to get accomplished this afternoon before I can do that. Rest day from working out, thankfully, since I don't really have the time. Laundry, job apps, packing, and meal planning today before my weekend so that I can mitigate the inevitable food stress of staying at Tyler's... Pre-planning a substitute healthy night-time snack so that we DON'T have ice cream/frozen yogurt. Figure that a good offense is the best defense, right!? :wink:

Weighed-in this AM at 125.7lbs - my lowest adult weight ever. Pretty surprised that I lost 0.8lbs since I'm supposed to be maintaining, but I think it was on account of my melt-down and slight under-eating this week because of stress and anxiety over food. Hopefully I'll be feeling healthier this week, mentally and emotionally, and my intake will be back to normal. Not really expecting this loss to stick around very long...

kbell - I'm sorry to hear that you are under so much stress and pressure. Feeling trapped without a car is NOT a pleasant place to be and I can totally relate :ohwell: My old car fell to pieces on a highway in Mar 2006 and I was devastated - living 6 hours from home, no transportation at all, and zero $$ for a replacement. It's really frustrating, especially when you are worried about getting screwed around by sellers and everything else. Do your best to stay in a good mental place and know that no matter what comes of this deal there will always be alternatives and you will figure it out. You're smart, resourceful, and a strong-willed woman. So pull from your inner strength and be your own best "rock". Take a few mins to just breathe deeply and remind yourself that this is not the hardest thing you've had to cope with and that you will figure it out. Reassuring yourself of these things will help to calm you down and might help you see alternative solutions to your problems. Stick in there lady :wink:

jbars - Hollaaa! Glad you are deciding to give her a chance and the benefit of the doubt! Who knows - maybe she is just trying to reach out. Bonding over produce is a brilliant idea - Still extending the olive branch but in a way that makes YOU feel comfortable. I 100% understand not feeling overly confident working out with some mega marathon running machine when you are first starting out - Don't feel any obligation to take her up on her offer. Just offer an alternative (like the market) and see where that leads you. Who knows, maybe you'll find that you have more in common than you anticipated! Good luck with it! :bigsmile:

Katy - OH EM GEE - Another baseball lover?!?! Say it ain't so! GONKS! GONKS!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Love it! Woot! You are in the right place, lady. Gonks and I are huuuge fans of baseball (she's a bigger nerd than me, however, for the record). Sounds like an awesome fun, busy, hectic weekend! Great loss and welcome back home - I'm sure you need the break! hehe

Kan - Great loss this week. I don't mean to sound like a broken record or that I am hounding you, but *make sure you're eating enough* -- Honestly. I cannot stress this enough. Really. You HAVE to eat to fuel your body and losing faster by not eating enough is going to result in gaining a whole bunch of weight BACK once you've lost it. If you aren't sure about how much you should be eating or what your targets are, please read the following:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

The same goes to everyone. It's VERY important. Eat your exercise calories, NET at least 1200 every day, and get a good, healthy breakfast in before you head out. If you want to see long-term sustained weight-loss, this is how to go about doing it. You are not doing your body any favours by under-eating...

/motherly rant
    Sorry but it's really, really important and I want to make sure that no one is confused. There's a lot of garbage and misinformation on MFP and in the forums, telling you to under-eat, not eat your exercise cals, etc to lose weight faster and it's infuriating. Please please please - EAT! hehe Ok seriously. End rant.

Going to get my stuff done hopefully. Big day ahead and going to try to stay low-stress and happy :bigsmile: I'll be in and out all weekend, but not likely posting too much. Stay fit and have fun everyone :wink:
    Meag :heart:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone!

So I had a killer spin class this morning, my legs are already tired so I am really thankful that I can relax the rest of the day, or so I thought. I took a half day from work so I timed it that I would come home to let the dog out and just stay home- well as I am getting ready to leave and enjoy my little bit longer weekend all of these emails come in from requests and concerns from other business units.

I am an analyst and my group helps to support a bunch of other business units- which keeps my job fun and interesting- until things happen like today when I get all of these emails that are yelling at me for not giving them enough time to implement stuff when it was their VP that came to me on Tuesday to get it all done. Go yell at the right person! Then its like- oh and we need this changes made to x,y and z and we need it by Monday afternoon at the latest. Oh right cause I totally forgot that you are my direct boss and the only business unit our group supports. ARG!

I really enjoy my job and I like that I'm always busy with things to do, but I do NOT like when they treat me with disrespect when if my group that i work with didn't exists 90% of the business units would be operating in a failing state!

Ok- end pissed off rant!

We all seem to have things to get off our chest today :) Any who- I am going to have a great weekend and not worry about work because I don't get paid enough to worry! I hope you all do too.

Oh and I am super excited because I did my Friday motivational to be good over the weekend weigh-in and I have official lost 20 lbs of fat mass but more importantly I am into double digits! I can totally see myself hitting the healthy range which makes me super happy!!!

Megan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Megan - I :heart: quotes too!! And great job on the loss!!

Cait - hope everything worked out with the car situation!

kbell - I know it may be hard to hear since you were already emotionally attached to the car but it sounds like your husband really is looking out for your best interest. Hopefuly you guys are able to find a car, whether it be that one or another one, soon so that you guys can get back to some sort of normalcy and stop arguing over this situation.

lola - sounds like a victory in my book!! :drinker: I probably would have validated buying the junk food because it was on sale. But you made good choices and it all works out. You should come down to OC with your roommate and come visit me!! We are having some good weather in Cali, aren't we??

jnlynch - seems like your day ended up turning around which is always a great feeling!! :bigsmile:

Aly - we all rant!! For me, this is one of my only real outlets where I can pretty much spill my guts and know that you girls will have my back. Now if only we all lived closer!!

Meredith - that dinner sounds so yummy!! I am cooking ALL meals for the family now so I might have to put that one on the menu. I was gonna say maybe on Valentine's Day but I am going out with my boy that day so it will have to wait til a day I'm actually home. Any big birthday plans this weekend??

Kandace - great job on your loss!! Hope you are able to find your adventure. Your walk to the bakery sounds great but like Nadine, only take exact change! I would be tempted to order more than coffee. And I :heart: volunteering too but can't find much time to fit it in. Hopefully once I finish school, I will have more time and I hope to get my kids involved with it too!!

AFM...hoping to fit in D3 of C25K training tonight. Tomorrow will be my one and only day to sleep in so I really don't want to do it tomorrow. I would rather just get it done and over with tonight. Going out with my boy tomorrow night and then I have to work on Sunday. My night was crazy busy last night cause the kids Valentine's Day party that was originally scheduled for Monday got moved to today and I was not prepared. But I think I was able to pull it off. This weekend will have me baking and preparing for Valentine's Day.

Happy Friday and hope you all have a wonderful day!!:flowerforyou:
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~Kbell... I definatly understand how you feel about your husband freaking out. My husband does the same thing at times. I just dont think they understand how much some things bother us. I know you will find a car. Remeber, everything happens for a reason. Maybe you werent meant to get that car. You never know. I hope you can get over this stressful day and have a good weekend.

~Meag... THanks for the info. I do feel that I am eating enough. I have days that I am more hungry than others so I try to let some of the left over calories not bother me too much becuase I know I will eat them the next day. Also, with my drinking struggle, I get cravings for sweets. I know I should endulge in a few gummy bears rather than start drinking again, so its very hard to find a good medium right now. My counselor tells me that its "bad" to be dieting and trying to get sober at the same time. He says to only make one life change at a time. And I agree with him. But I have been trying to loose weight for soo long, and this is the only time I am really exicited about it, so I dont want to let that motivation go. I am expecting to only get to 160 this month. I dont want to push my body too far. ( I have been VERY tired lately) My doctor tells me that this can be from the alcohol withdraw so I am definatly taking it easy the next few days. Thats why I am ok with only loosing 3 pounds instead of 6 this month. I apreciate your concern and your willingness to help me learn more about being healthy. I am taking all of your advise and acting on it daily!!!! Your the best! Congrats on your weight milestone! I know you didnt expect to loose, but you know how healthy you are.. so GOOD JOB!!

~Guam... Thanks for the encouragment! Let me know how the c25k works for you, I have been thinking about trying it, I just wasnt sure it was the right time for me. Keep me updated, good luck!~!

~Megan... Congratulations on the weightloss!~!~! I cant think of a better way to start the weekend (well, having a better day at work maybe..lol) your doing great!~!~! And your right, they dont pay you to worry, so leave work at work and enjoy life!

~Katy... 5 pds, thats awesome!~!~! Sounds like your doing a great job juggling your healthy lifestyle and being out of your own relm at home. Thats the real test! way to go!

AFM.... I am feeling really great today, even though I let myself eat McDonalds for lunch. 6 days sober, im sure that has something to do with it. Now all I need to do is learn how to sleep again, and all will be well!!! I felt so bad about the McDonalds that I stayed at the gym until I burned 450 calories and I didnt log in any of my dog walks today like I usually do. But I also babysat my friends 18 month old who insisted on feeding me half of his cherrios and bananas so I think I am in a safe range with my cals. I am VERY tempted to do some insane cardio tomorrow like I did today but I dont want to push myself too much and not work out at all come monday. Maybe I will attempt to see what all those other shiney machines do that just sit around the gym and look at me. LoL. Im looking forward to a nice walk tomorrow morning as well (if the rain lets up). Its off to bed for me now, Have a good night everyone.
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    guam- hope you have a great date night sat night!! And hope you get your c25k workout in!

Megan- That sounds like a really frustrating situation. Good job on keeping the positive attitude to not letting it ruin your weekend! When I am stressed or really upset about a situation at work, I do take it home with me and I always think about it.

meag- hope you get better sleep this weekend and great job on planning a good offense for the weekend snacking!

kbell-feeling like you have to depend on other people or public transportation to get around puts a stop on extra things that you would want to do and stinks! And you have been doing it for so long, I hope this car works out as long as there are not any more lies, especially since you need to depend on this car

kan-thanks on the continuous motivation!! I definitely agree with the pressure that can build and we put on ourselves. Just reminds me to be happy with what I have accomplished so far! Great job on your progress!

jbars- glad you are giving her a chance that she is doing it from the goodness of her heart. I hear you on being a 1 gym type of person. It gets hard when you always have to coordinate your schedule or if the other person really does not want to put in the effort. Take your time and get to where you want to be and then go from there.

Katy- good job on still losing. Hope you have a great weekend!!

AFM- Not going to do too much this weekend. Work, scrapbooking, gym and a movie are the highlights of my weekend. I am looking forward to some nice down time and focusing on relaxing.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Take care of yourself and get some "you" time in!!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Sorry kids- I don't have a ton of time to reply but I need to address this:
    I felt so bad about the McDonalds that I stayed at the gym until I burned 450 calories and I didnt log in any of my dog walks today like I usually do. But I also babysat my friends 18 month old who insisted on feeding me half of his cherrios and bananas so I think I am in a safe range with my cals. I am VERY tempted to do some insane cardio tomorrow like I did today but I dont want to push myself too much and not work out at all come monday. Maybe I will attempt to see what all those other shiney machines do that just sit around the gym and look at me. LoL. Im looking forward to a nice walk tomorrow morning as well (if the rain lets up). Its off to bed for me now, Have a good night everyone.

1) Why do you feel guilty for eating McDonalds? -- Please, try to stop the concept of guilt for eating foods- even bad foods. It's just plain not good for your mental health. I eat Chipotle, general bar/diner food, pizza and on the odd occasion McDonalds. I keep losing, because I am honest with myself about my food and exercise and make up the calories over subsequent days - not all in one go. Which brings me to my next point...

2) Why did you not log any of your dog walks? Does eating McDonalds make exercise not exercise anymore? IMO you should try to log these, as well as the cheerios and McD's and as much of everything else that you can- even if they are not exact. It will help you down the road to see yourself

I don't want any of this to come off as a criticism- I applaud your hard work to balance out the calories you ate for this splurge! It's just very VERY easy to get sucked into the "all or nothing, guilt for pleasure, self hating, extreme" side of weight loss and calorie counting. Not logging your walks says you feel feel ashamed or guilty for eating something that wasn't healthy for you and while it may not have been the awesomest awesome choice nutritionally, it is cerainly not something to waste guilty feelings on. Shame and guilt have no place on this journey and are just as unhealthy as some of the food choices we make. I just want to head that course off. You can eat fast food while you are changing your diet-- you can! Don't let yourself feel bad. Pleeeeeease! It's. Just. Not. Worth It.

ok i need to get home like WHOA.

Peace
    ~Gonks
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    @megankgonk - Pig with sunglasses is priceless. i love pigs!

Thanks to everyone who's written kind words for me - sometimes all I need is to hear that I'm not crazy! haha

I'm going to keep this update brief because... I haven't written any more of my paper yet today!! :explode: :grumble: :sad:

Husband came home and we looked at cars online - found one that seemed nearly perfect. Almost identical to the one out of town but IN town and lower km's. We called and arranged to go see it - I was so excited! Maybe this is what is "meant" to happen you know? I spent a couple hours driving around (husband's car obvi) grabbing the junk out of my old car (and plates) and then taking money out from the bank (more than i have) and getting a bill of sale. We phoned and got the address of the guy and when we were half way there he texted us saying

"Sorry buddy just sold the car"

I was DEVASTATED! I realize a car is not worth being devastated about, but as you can all tell I'm pretty emotionally fragile these past couple days and I just wanted to cry. Of course the hubby's business partner was in the truck so I had to hold it together. I still haven't said an official "No" to the lady out of town but my husband's pretty convinced that he doesn't want to go. There's really nothing else that we are interested in listed right now and I'm getting really impatient..

I'm hoping now that I'm finally sitting down and calming down slowly I can get some paper written. (good english right there eh?)

Thanks everyone for putting up with me!!