The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Sigh...feh...bleh...BUT - tomorrow is finally Friday. Whoo!
  • slm4
    slm4 Posts: 37
    Options
    This weather is so crazy! Constant cold coming and snow out of nowhere! Yesterday wasn't much of a day for me-didn't get any working out done but at least stayed reasonably within my caloric limit. Tried to weigh myself but, much to my chagrin, I seem to have gained weight. I've stayed below or at my low caloric daily intake so who knows if it's just a matter of water weight or what. Its been the first week I've done some working out in a long time. Aaargh!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    One more day of work and then WEEKEND! Woo Hoo! Have any of you done Jillian's 30 Day Shred? If so, what do you think of it? I may add that into my exercise repertoire for variety and shaping and toning. Someone brought bars and doughnuts to work today. I indulged in a bar and 1/2 a doughnut. Amazing when you haven't been eating junk and then you have a sugary junk food how it can make you feel kind of crummy. Must sort of shock the stomach... Weather is warming up this weekend and that will feel great!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I'm not into Jillian - she kind of annoys me. But I've seen that a lot of people find her terrific. I am personally a huge fan of Michelle Dozois dvd's. She has a 10-minutes solution one called Carb Burner - ding! A set of three called something like Breathru fitness, and a set of two called Peak 10. I got most of mine on ebay, probably can get them on Amazon. Her websites are michelledozois.com, and breathrufitness.com. I was up for the live healthy nebraska weigh in this week - not a shocker tho - since I did imbibe in a lot of brownies to survive the weekend emesis marathon. The boys are purportedly heading off to a couzins for the weekend - so I am hoping to get three or four tests taken (online class), taxes done, workouts, and house shiz. RAH!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I bought JM's 30 Day Shred today and plan to do it this weekend. I viewed it first online to see what I thought. It's do able for me. Jillian is a little intimidating and scary I think but she seemed somewhat normal on the DVD sample. I'll let you know what I think. For now I'm off to walk 3-4 miles with Leslie Sansone. Still too cold and messy outside for walking. Warming up though... I have to say by joining some of the challenges on this site like the February walking SWat group and the lose 25lb. by July, I stay accountable to myself to stick to the plan. Very motivating, hope it lasts.
  • slm4
    Options
    I like JMs 30 Day Shred. I enjoy her workout DVDs. Some of them are very intense but the shred has a nice pace. It IS really weird when you start to make the switch away from or towards other foods and then you have some of something o9u haven't eaten in awhile. Alot of times, for me, it never tastes as good as I remember it tasting and usually makes me think, "I wonder why this mattered so much before...?
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I think the sugars and some of the preservatives in those foods create a craving in our bodies, a cycle of wanting more of it even when we aren't hungry. Have you noticed when you stop eating those foods/sugar that for a few days you feel kind of crummy and then begin to feel great? Then when you eat a brownie, cake or potato chips in large quantity again it isn't as satisfying as it use to be and it doesn't taste as good. If only we can hold on to the feeling of how much better we feel without stuffing ourselves with junk and eat only a taste once in awhile. The healthy benefits are worth it! Finally getting a hair cut today, yay! My stylist had to cancel the last two appts. due to deaths in her family which was very sad. I'm four weeks over due for a cut and am glad it's today. That will take some weight off...:laugh:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I definitely think they create a craving - at least for me. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I read that even diet soda will cause a sugar crave b/c the fake sweetner won't satisfy the urge. I have been cutting back on the diet soda - trying herbal tea bags run through the ice tea maker with a bit of agave. Still have sweet cravings, but most days I'm good with a couple of tootsie roll midgies. Jealous of your haircut jr - I've got weeks to go and the gray is already poppin through. bleh.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'm almost due for a dye job but the cut will help me extend that for a little longer. I'm just turning gray so it's not a hard battle. I went shopping yesterday to hit the sales racks. I found a pair of jeans that look really nice on and they are one size down! That felt great! I rarely drink soda anymore because it makes me feel crummy. We did switch from buying diet coke to Coke Zero and Sprite Zero. I don't feel bad when I drink those because I think it's a different kind of sweetener than what's in DC. I prefer water and SoBe LIfewater. I drink about one bottle of SoBe every other day and it feels like a treat. Some of them do have sugar so I check labels and only buy the ones without. Another sunny day...that's two in a row here in Minnesota. It's a miracle! Tons of snow but getting warmer and the days are getting longer. Two months until spring!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    lucky you!!! (with the jeans and the lack of gray ;>)) WAY TO GO smaller jeans - hoorah! Now that's a way to start a week. Very nice here today too. Lots of melting going on. The dog kept having to go out and smell all those blades of grass that he hasn't seen since??
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I should have taken advantage of the outside weather but was in the kitchen all day cooking. Not my favorite thing but my son is home for the weekend and I made his birthday cookies and a quiche. It was 46 degrees and sunny. I missed my opportunity for fresh air and a walk outside! Next time...
  • slm4
    Options
    we had marvelous weather yesterday-i think it was early 60s. i spent some time outside reading. WAY TO GO on your jeans! How awesome is that? And Im so sorry about the deaths in your family, JR. So excited for this week! A whole new week to hopefully do well with. I completely concur on the food points. Im not a sweet tooth, which is wonderful for me, but we did go to Panera Bread on Saturday and I got th half and half, but the soup i go (black bean) was SO salty! It literally used up almost my entires days worth of salt. I had to stop eating it it was so salty.
  • slm4
    Options
    Is anyone doing anything for Valentines Day?:heart:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My husband put flowers on my desk at work this morning so they were there when I arrived. Nice surprise! It's been along time since he gave me flowers. Tonight is busy with my Zumba class and a volleyball game. We usually don't do anything other than have a special meal with the kids and they are out growing that. Nothing romantic planned... How about the rest of you?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    there is no such thing as romance in my house - my boys are BOYS. But we had a good one in our way. I finally got my area rug and sectional cleaned. That took almost two years! So, I am very pleased. I made pork with bourbon(well chickenstock) sauce for dinner and everyone ate it. And we all had fun digging through the valentines seeing what kind of treats there were. I had an UGH! moment this morning. I bought a pair of pants online that I thought were the same style as pair I have been wearing but in a size down. The pair I have been wearing are getting loose and I thought it was safe to try it. SO NOT SAFE!! Ugh. I hate the point where you feel like maybe the clothes are looser, until you try a different size and it is way too tight. I like the looser feeling, but, again with laziness thing, I get unmindful really easily about my eating thinking, "I can have this extra b/c my pants are really good. So feh to that.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Ok I need a pep talk! I said I wasn't going to weight myself until early March but I got on the scale to see how I was progressing with weight loss. I feel so much better and the clothes are fitting much better too. I know it must be the inches from the exercise. I lost my measuring tape so haven't measured. I'm fine with going on how I feel and look, but the scale has not budged! I know muscle weighs more than fat but can't it go down a little bit? My exercise has been so consistent and I'm burning a lot of calories... So frustrating. Don't know if it is my scale or not. When I go to the doctor for a check up in a few weeks I'm going to compare and see what their scale shows. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm such a slow loser!! Ugh!
  • slm4
    Options
    It is not just you-i feel like the scale never changes. It only changes if i don't work out at all and I know that just can't be good for me. But ever since I got back to working out a little, i've consistently weighed more than I was weighing before. BLAH.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Started St. Patrick's Day Challenge today. Hope all goes well.
    Goal is to lose one pound per week. The Valentine's Day Challege didn't go so well I
    think after all the chocolates I have been eating LOL. Wish me Luck !
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    jrbanta:

I feel your pain on the scale not moving . :sad: I have been going through this for weeks now and that is why
    I joined a challenge to keep me more accountable. I have been exercising everyday on the Wii Fit Plus for at
    least 30 mins a day if not more on my days off from work and weekends. Mind you I am older than u and the
    pounds come off a lot slower. I am really good during the week then the weekends come and I try hard but I always
    seem to gain a pound or two on the weekend. And there you have it!! :ohwell: A roller coaster ride. I hope in the next few weeks I can break this stagnation. :flowerforyou:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sooo feel that way too- wish I wasn't addicted/controlled by that stupid little box. What matters is how we feel, how our clothes fit !

JR YOU BOUGHT SMALLER JEANS!!!!

If we don't give up, even that blasted number will go down too.