Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• janellnicole2
    Options
    I dont know what has come over me the last few weeks! I just can not seem to get back on track. I started out with this challenge at 184.5. I weighed myself today and I'm 187! I didnt even weigh in last week cuz I was over. I will weigh in tomorrow and rejoin if I am accepted. I feel I have gotten my motivation back and completed a good 52 min workout this a.m. I just hope I can stick with it this time. I need to be healthy! I am looking for a job and its hard to be confident when you are uncomfortable in your own skin! Also, my marriage is a bit rocky right now and its really taking a toll on my food intake, need to figure out how to control that no matter what is going on in my life!
    Thanks for listening!
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dont know what has come over me the last few weeks! I just can not seem to get back on track. I started out with this challenge at 184.5. I weighed myself today and I'm 187! I didnt even weigh in last week cuz I was over. I will weigh in tomorrow and rejoin if I am accepted. I feel I have gotten my motivation back and completed a good 52 min workout this a.m. I just hope I can stick with it this time. I need to be healthy! I am looking for a job and its hard to be confident when you are uncomfortable in your own skin! Also, my marriage is a bit rocky right now and its really taking a toll on my food intake, need to figure out how to control that no matter what is going on in my life!
    Thanks for listening!

We would love to have you back. Sometimes life gets in the way of this stuff. I get the stuff about relationships, jobs etc having an effect. I lost all motivation for a couple of weeks. I was feeling horrid. But I am getting myself back into it. Love the dip, love the plateau x
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    Just popping to say hello! Hope all is well.

Have a good week and remember below this week!:flowerforyou:

Daily Inspiration for February 13, 2011

Appreciate imperfection.

Some of the most precious gems in the world have flaws that do not diminish their worth. When a diamond is a deep yellow or brown, it is considered more valuable. So, what you might assume is a serious flaw is really a great strength.

Do you judge yourself by impossible standards? Do you berate yourself for lack of perfection? Your flaws make you unique and precious. Your sensitivity means you are compassionate. Not looking perfect makes you approachable. Surviving pain brings others hope. You are not a worthless rock; you are a precious gem.

Action for the day: Think of three people you admire. How do their flaws make them unique and precious? What flaws might people appreciate in you?

© 2009, Katie Jay. All rights reserved

Thank you for that inspiration! It's a great little reminder for us all!

Last night I was pretty bad when eating out for Valentine's Day, but I don't feel guilty about it because I've been good all week gearing up for it. I got a lot more excercise than I normally do on weekends, and I'm planning an extra workout tonight. I've been feeling great this week and I hope the scale will reflect it tomorrow. Good luck to everyone for weigh in tomorrow! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for listening!

Most of us are emotional eaters:sad: and we in the same boat as you as far as needing to figure out hot control our eating no matter what is going on in LIFE.:grumble:

This is my motto and serves me well most days, "we can not control others actions but we can control how we react to them."

Good for not giving up!:flowerforyou:
  • Danoodle
    Options
    Well, my birthday was this weekend and I went out to dinner 2 times and have definitely NOT been watching what I eat. I taught 2 hours of zumba on Saturday, including toning routines with light weights. Then I went to lunch and had.....a big fat burger. and some onion rings. lol

I weighed myself Friday to check to make sure I was on track and was even down a pound since the Tuesday weigh-in. I weighed myself today to see what the weekend damage was ....and I'm back up like 3 lbs! how irritating. I hope it is just water weight from all the salty foods I ate. hehe. here's to hoping! didn't make it to the gym this morning because I had to get an hour of studying in before work.

I'm starting to feel stressed out because of my new night class. It is a math class that is 21/2 hrs long twice a week. On top of my 9-5 job and teaching my zumba classes, I'm feeling a little stretched thin and it is just the first week of class.

I feel like when I am stressed, my body stores more fat. Does anyone else feel like that?

boo

D-
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Well, I'm back on track today.

My month 2 of INSANITY started today and Oh My Goodness! I thought I was gonna die! I had to take so many extra breaks, but I didn't turn it off (I've done month 1 several times, but could never get up enough strength for month 2. SO I'm pretty proud of that. ;)

Tomorrow's weigh in will be brutal though. On top of my already sabotaged weekend, TOM started this morning and I feel awful. Explains my insane hunger last night though. I couldn't sleep and just felt SO hungry but sick at the same time. Awful feeling.

Hoping that tomorrow won't be TOO scary and that I can see a big change the following week. I had peek before the weekend and had FINALLY lost a pound--only to put it right back on. :( Sigh...

But like I said, today's a new day.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Screen name: ChelsiBurnett
    Goal for February 28th: 129.2
    February 1st (starting weight): 139.2
    February 8th: 138.8
    February 15th: 137.9
    February 22nd:
    February 28th
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    From Feb. 1st - Feb. 14th I have lost 11 pounds. I am eating all my calories and exercising. I am excited to lose more!! :)
  • bri293
    Options

I feel like when I am stressed, my body stores more fat. Does anyone else feel like that?

:laugh: I don't think I've ever felt like that except for when I cause it. When I'm stressed I tend to eat terrible food and skip the workouts. Which is exactly why I gained quite a bit of weight in college :grumble:
  • bri293
    Options
    Well, I'm back on track today.

My month 2 of INSANITY started today and Oh My Goodness! I thought I was gonna die! I had to take so many extra breaks, but I didn't turn it off (I've done month 1 several times, but could never get up enough strength for month 2. SO I'm pretty proud of that. ;)

Tomorrow's weigh in will be brutal though. On top of my already sabotaged weekend, TOM started this morning and I feel awful. Explains my insane hunger last night though. I couldn't sleep and just felt SO hungry but sick at the same time. Awful feeling.

Hoping that tomorrow won't be TOO scary and that I can see a big change the following week. I had peek before the weekend and had FINALLY lost a pound--only to put it right back on. :( Sigh...

But like I said, today's a new day.

Good for you! Treating every day like a new day is the best way to keep your motivation up and convince yourself to start up again after you have lost your way.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ok my scales officially hate me - no change AGAIN :explode:
    I've had a look back at what I did in January & it seems that I ate my calories allowance & most of my exercise calories
    This month I've been more strict and only eating 1200 so I might go back to what I did in Jan cos somewhere its going wrong
    Here's to next week :ohwell:
    Feb 1st 239
    Feb 8th 239
    Feb 15th 239 :mad:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    From Feb. 1st - Feb. 14th I have lost 11 pounds. I am eating all my calories and exercising. I am excited to lose more!! :)

That is totally awesome finish the month strong woot woot!!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've had a look back at what I did in January & it seems that I ate my calories allowance & most of my exercise calories
    This month I've been more strict and only eating 1200 so I might go back to what I did in Jan cos somewhere its going wrong
    Feb 1st 239
    Feb 8th 239

Sound like your body may be requiring more maybe go one day 1200 and one day half exercise back and forth the whole week and see how your body respond...........Just a thought on something to shake it up a lil!
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Screen name: Cuddles2523
    Goal for February 28th: 147
    February 1st (starting weight): 157
    February 8th: 155.5
    February 15th: 151.5
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Four pounds this week..I can't believe it! :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My screen name isy Kris1085
    My goal for February 28th 210.0
    February1st starting weight is 221.5
    February 8th 220.5
    February 15th 217.5
    I cannot believe that i lost 3 pounds this week ! Hopefully i can make my goal weight for the month !
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Feb 1st 239
    Feb 8th 239
    Sound like your body may be requiring more maybe go one day 1200 and one day half exercise back and forth the whole week and see how your body respond...........Just a thought on something to shake it up a lil!

I thought by being more strict this week I would get a good loss but I think I'll try what you suggest - I'll frighten my body into losing weight :laugh:
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Screen name: sdhorne
    Goal for February 28th: 238
    February 1st (starting weight): 248.6
    February 10th: 243.8
    February 15th: 241.8
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Screen name: WIChelle
    Goal for February 28th: 211
    February 1st (starting weight): 221
    February 8th : 219
    February 15th :218
  • elainio
    Options
    I was really scared this week because I had such a big loss last week (due to TOM the previous week!) But I still went for my weekly weigh in at the pharmacy and...

Screen name: elainio
    Goal for February 28th: 169lb
    February 1st (starting weight): 177.7lb
    February 8th: 172.4lb
    February 15th: 172.1lb
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Im actually still pretty please that I didnt gain after missing half my exercise last week due to having a cold and then drinking/eating LOADS over the weekend (I gave up and didnt even log the drinks I had on Saturday night :S)

This week however I'm back on track and going in for the mega burn!!

E
  • Charlesworth09
    Charlesworth09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Screen name: Charlesworth09
    Goal for February 28th: 154
    February 1st (starting weight): 164
    February 8th: 164
    February 15th: 163

I don't know that I am going to make it to 10 pounds, but I feel healthier and my clothes fit better. So I am happy.