30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Wow loving how many people made the decision to join us in our quest to lose weight!! With this many involved we should be able to keep up the excitement all month long. Congrats to the ones that worked out today for 30 mins or more. It takes discipline that's for sure. Everything we do is habits anyway so we just have to make healthier ones. I know for me getting back into the work out mode again isn't easy but the more you do it everyday , the easier it gets and then you are looking forward to doing it. My energy level seems to increase when I work out, how about everyone else? Rose, you are going to have a beautiful yard at the end of this 30 days!!! I fixed a good healthy meal and it only came up to 358 calories. I was so surprised. I ended up grilling chicken breasts, grilled asparagus, sweet potato fries (my first time trying these and loved them) and a salad and I'm soooo full! I have my food diary open to anyone that wants to view it. At first this was tough for me writing everything down but it definitely makes you think before you eat. I feel really good about this! Even though this is a challenge and there will be a winner, we will all win because we would have worked harder in this 30 days then we would have alone:) Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    What kind of daily challenges would you like to see here? This is my first time doing a challenge....let alone keeping up with everybody! I have my friend and cousin on here, kylakesgal to help! It was her idea :)

I'd like to see some tough exercise challenges, maybe some meal challenges, like under so many cals/meal or something like that.

Looking forward to your creativity
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm late but would love to join

starting weight 236.0
    30 day goal 225.

Thanks!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    CW: 240.1
    GW: 232

Challenge suggestions - increasing amount water to drink, find (& share) new low-cal meal

I completed today's challenge - 60 minutes on my bike!

Thanks to kylakesgal & jessicamaria81 for getting this started!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I fixed a good healthy meal and it only came up to 358 calories. I was so surprised. I ended up grilling chicken breasts, grilled asparagus, sweet potato fries (my first time trying these and loved them) and a salad and I'm soooo full!

@ kylakesgal - if your sweet potato fries were homemade; would you mind sharing the recipe?

Thanks, aab1
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Hi and welcome tiddlyjinx and no you aren't too late. We are just getting started today and have a great group of people. My cousin Jessica and I started the challenge and really never thought we would get this many responses. I am so pumped about it! Any suggestions anyone has please post them:) I did notice someone wanting more challenges and I was thinking in the same direction as aab1. The importance of drinking water is proven in weight loss. Why don't we see it we can't drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday from here on out? I realize this isn't a physical challenge but very crucial. When dieting before, I stopped drinking sweet tea and sodas and almost within a week noticed the changes it my body. Jeans feeling looser etc. Most people don't realize how many calories they consume with drinks. I have made the total switch to just water and felt at first as I was drowning from drinking so much but we are drinking something and water has 0 calories. I love putting lemon slices in mine and now seem to can't get enough water. I was out of lemon this morning and put grapefruit slices in it. It wasn't bad:) So let's all work towards drinking more water and if you drink sodas and sugary drinks, work towards cutting those out. That can make such a huge difference.
    ~Angela~
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    CW: 240.1
    GW: 232

Challenge suggestions - increasing amount water to drink, find (& share) new low-cal meal

I completed today's challenge - 60 minutes on my bike!

Thanks to kylakesgal & jessicamaria81 for getting this started!

Your welcome and great suggestions! I struggle with water intake so a challenge like that is very much needed! Way to go for 60 minutes, that's fabulous!
  • puggy82
    Options
    CW 185.5
    GW 175

Im in NewZealand so it was Vday yesterday for us!! But so far iv done a 27minute workout on the EA sports active and tonight ill try do some more on my bike! Thanks for this group cant wait to see how everyone does! :heart:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome tiddlyjinx and no you aren't too late. We are just getting started today and have a great group of people. My cousin Jessica and I started the challenge and really never thought we would get this many responses. I am so pumped about it! Any suggestions anyone has please post them:) I did notice someone wanting more challenges and I was thinking in the same direction as aab1. The importance of drinking water is proven in weight loss. Why don't we see it we can't drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday from here on out? I realize this isn't a physical challenge but very crucial. When dieting before, I stopped drinking sweet tea and sodas and almost within a week noticed the changes it my body. Jeans feeling looser etc. Most people don't realize how many calories they consume with drinks. I have made the total switch to just water and felt at first as I was drowning from drinking so much but we are drinking something and water has 0 calories. I love putting lemon slices in mine and now seem to can't get enough water. I was out of lemon this morning and put grapefruit slices in it. It wasn't bad:) So let's all work towards drinking more water and if you drink sodas and sugary drinks, work towards cutting those out. That can make such a huge difference.
    ~Angela~

Water everyday sounds great, and I too am amazed at all the people accepting this challenge!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    To Aab1, my sweet potato fries were not homemade. They were a brand I purchased at Wal-mart. The brand is Alexia spicy sweet poato Julienne fries with chipotle seasoning. They are really good! I will have to make some at home now since I found out they are so tasty and low cal too. I also fixed some grilled chicken marinated in a baja citrus marinate that was fabulous. I think we should be thinking of a favorite low cal recipe and post it later on in the week.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today, so I think this is a perfect way to start!

Current weight (2/14): 155 lb
    Goal for 3/14: 147 lb (lose 8 lb)

I have no idea if this is a reasonable goal for me, as today is my first day, but I'm going to go for it. I did Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred today, and it's only 20 minutes, but I'm happy I completed it. I like the 8 glasses of water goal. This is something that I've wanted to do anyway, so let's get to it!
  • incognitopotato
    incognitopotato Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today's weight: 142
    3/14 goal: under 140

Not a big difference but I'm looking more to lose slowly and eat healthier overall. I have also been putting on some muscle from running and weight training so even though I've been losing inches the pounds are slow to come off :)

Question though, and sorry if someone's asked already... are we doing this challenge until 3/14 or for 30 days? Wouldn't 30 days be 3/16 since there are 28 days in Feb? Sorry to be a pain but just checking :x

Great job on Day #1 everyone and let's keep up the good work tomorrow!
  • kgreen07
    Options
    I'm in!!

Current weight: 125lbs
    Goal for March 14th: 115lbs

I ideally want to be 110lbs of lean muscle (i lost all of my muscle and tone the past 3 years bc I've been so busy with nursing school), but I think 10lbs is a good goal weight for the month considering I have so much going on this month!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    incognitopotato, how right you are!!. We will have to up the date to the 16th! Thanks for pointing that out:)
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've found that I don't feel deprived (yet), but eating healthier foods--more fresh fruits and vegetables, less processed stuff, fewer high-calorie snacks (my personal downfall!)--just this past week, has made a 5 lb. difference in my weight. Foods with the right amounts of fat and protein keep me satisfied until just before the next mealtime.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am in. Starting weight 201 and I would like to weigh 195 in one month. I need the motivation. After several weeks of doing this, I am feeling a bit discouraged. I let you know how I did next Monday. Thanks!!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Completed my exercise challenge tonight!! 15 min on the elliptical and 60 min of pilates!!

Thanks for starting this, and good luck everyone!
  • guayaquil
    Options
    I hope I'm in under the wire. This is going to be great for me because i am traveling on business (and pleasure) for most of the month so this is something to keep me focused.

Monday Starting weight - 281 lbs
    Goal weight - 273 lbs.

Challenge is to keep doing 30min exercisex5 days a week even while traveling, and keep my calories below 2200.

Today I did a 45 minute walk and met my calorie goal. Yahoo!

Wednesday I fly from Ecuador to San Francisco. My challenge for Wednesday is keep my calories in line, and find a way to do a 30-min walk - airports!
  • krystlenicole
    krystlenicole Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for this 30 day challenge. I completed day one of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I love this dvd...tomorrow is yoga and day 2 of the 30 day shred.

Current weight: 128
    Goal weight for 3/14: 120
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 complete!! Over an hour of shooting hoops with the bf (way funner than dinner!). Fun day, looking forward to tomorrow!