30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 complete!! Over an hour of shooting hoops with the bf (way funner than dinner!). Fun day, looking forward to tomorrow!

oopps...don't know why it posted twice...won't let me delete?
  • widemann
    Options
    So today I did my walking. And I concentrated on eating healthy foods. Fresh fruits, hardboiled eggs, pinto beans w/ carrots & celery, and sesame crackers. Thankfully my sweet cravings were satisfied with an orange and an apple.

So is Tuesdays challenge to drink water? I'm counting my herbal tea as water, and I drink a lot of that in order to stay away from soda (including banning diet soda) and coffee w/ artificial sugary creamer.

Anyone else have a pressure cooker? I made a great, easy, tasty pinto bean recipe in the pressure cooker. Yummy!
  • Bellser
    Bellser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a New member (3 weeks) - looking for a spark of motivation - this may just be what i need....

With a 17.5kg loss as my goal - hope to achieve by end of May!!! Ambitious but a challenge...

Count me in :-)
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    could someone bullet point the challages for me. and how long to do them for (im getting confused reading thourh post.

is it 60 of exerciser a day and 8 glasses of water (how big should glasses be)
    or was it 60 of exercise yesterday and water today.
    thank you all
  • hutchins123
    hutchins123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 complete!! About 50 minutes at the gym last night, that elliptical is my frenemy :smile: Challenge 2 here I come!! Have a great day everyone :happy:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    could someone bullet point the challages for me. and how long to do them for (im getting confused reading thourh post.

is it 60 of exerciser a day and 8 glasses of water (how big should glasses be)
    or was it 60 of exercise yesterday and water today.
    thank you all

Hello! Yesterdays challenge was do at least 30 minutes of exercise or activity...our daily challenge from here till the end of the month is drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Today's challenge will be posted shortly! :)
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Challenge 1 complete!! About 50 minutes at the gym last night, that elliptical is my frenemy :smile: Challenge 2 here I come!! Have a great day everyone :happy:

Awesome, way to go! :happy:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:) This is starting day 2 of our challenge. Yesterday's challenge was work out or do some type of exercise for 30 mins, It looks like most of us did that plus some. Today's challenge is to drink your 8 glasses of water. Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters).

Health benefits of water:
    Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.

Although water is our challenge today, that along with exercise would only benefit you that much more. Good luck to everyone:)
    ~Angela~
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Another benefit I've found of drinking water is that you aren't nearly as hungry and if you tend to eat too much at meals, it helps to drink a glass of water before you eat. This keeps you from overeating. Hope this helps:) Have a super great day~~
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Drinking water is something I struggle with...I know I need it but it's so bland....but a slice of lemon makes it better and lots of ice :) I put cucumber in my glass sometimes too....fruit would probably be nice in water, haven't tried that yet!
  • MeggieBoo85
    Options
    I speed walked through walmart for an hour last night, came in under my calorie goal, & drank all my water!
    Today I have already completes 60 minutes of the Zumba cardio and am on my 3 glass of water! :)
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I agree with Jessica. If plain water is just too bland for you.....try a slice of lemon or two. That makes a huge difference. I tried grapefruit slices yesterday and that was good too. Maybe even an orange slice? Let's all check back later and see how we did with the water drinking.
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to join also!

Weight yesterday-181
    Challenge goal-175 (6 pounds)

Yesterday was crazy busy so I didn't get in any exercise but I did very well not eating a bunch! I will get at least 30 minutes tonight to make up for it.

Already on 3rd glass of water for today's mini-challenge
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    I def want to join!!! Thanks for posting!!!

CW- 139
    Challenge goal weight- 130

45 minutes of yoga last night....looking forward to each challenge :)

~Paige
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I speed walked through walmart for an hour last night, came in under my calorie goal, & drank all my water!
    Today I have already completes 60 minutes of the Zumba cardio and am on my 3 glass of water! :)

Way to go!!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I agree with Jessica. If plain water is just too bland for you.....try a slice of lemon or two. That makes a huge difference. I tried grapefruit slices yesterday and that was good too. Maybe even an orange slice? Let's all check back later and see how we did with the water drinking.

I will check back for sure, on my 2nd glass here :) After I exercise is when I drink the most! I guzzle it, lol
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday! and lost 0.8 lbs!! woo hoo!!

I have no problem drinking enough water, so today's challenge will be a piece of cake! Good luck to the rest of you!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I wanted to tell everyone that due to the overwhelming response to this challenge I will not be able to keep up with everyone's weight!!!!
    Soooo what I need everyone to do is keep a log every Monday of your weight and at the end of this challenge we will compare weights and see who did the best! That is only if you want to share your weight, some people might not feel comfortable doing that and it's ok. I don't like telling my people my weight but I feel comfortable here with friends.
    This challenge is not really about who is the "best" but serves as motivation and a challenge to ourselves, no one wants to take the weight loss journey alone and we should all support each other! We will try to post daily messages but some days we might just have a positive message or information. If there are any daily challenges you can help us come up with then please share!

Also if you want to keep tabs on your inches lost you can. I took my measurements yesterday and have them in a little notebook. Even if you don't lose the weight you want, you will be amazed at the inches lost and how those clothes fit better. I know I've been on this weight loss journey for a month and even though I haven't dropped a ton of weight yet I have lost inches, a sweatshirt that was super tight at the beginning actually fits well now and that makes me PROUD.

Remember we are all winners here and are making positive changes in our lives. Even though in this weight loss challenge I'd love to be called a "LOSER"!! :laugh:

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list I'd love you to. I've been here only a month and love this site for motivation, I love to encourage others!
  • Ultrawomanll
    Ultrawomanll Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE!! Im a day late but after reading the post it looks like the first challenge was 30mins of exercise which is great b/c i did that on the elltipcal yesterday so it looks like Im in the game :) LOL MY STARTING WEIGHT is 169 and my goal weight for the 3/14 would be 159 so ten pounds.

This is so great to see everyone supporting each other and working together with these challenges it really makes me feel like part of a group and definitely helps with motivation. Todays challenge might be tricky cause I never drink enough water but its almost noon and if I have one glass every hour till 8pm I'll meet the goal. Looking forward to seeing everyones results good luck :)

Also, Feel free to add me as a friend !!!!
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    Wooowhooo! Ive already hit my treadmill for 30 mins and drank about 48 oz of water (breastfeeding so i need to drink a crap ton). Also here in a little bit im taking my lil guy outside to ride his bike!