NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Funny.......I have been doing that for like 2 weeks now. They actually have a lot of flavor, don't they?

For starters I just ate baby carrots without dressing or dips...never was able to do that before.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a great topic!
    Day 16 of logging in and counting EVERYTHING, even that weekly "cheat meal"
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I did my measurements today and have lost 6 inches in the past month.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    NSV for yesterday-Drank only water, no COKE ZERO!

Good For you... and the less Aspartame does a bit of good too:) stuff gives me a nasty Migraine.

that stuff gives me awful headaches as well, i wonder if that happens with anyone else.

NSV----my pants are loose!
  • naebear99
    Options
    I started using this 2-1/2 weeks ago, and have kept it up all this time.

I've exercised every one of those days, even if only a little, with the exception of the two days I had to face a dentist (I'm phobic, and going to one just wrecks me for the rest of the day).

Since I had surgery (not weight related) four months ago, I haven't been able to exert myself much at all - between recovery from that, a busy holiday season, and a series of illnesses that ran through our home. When I started exercising two and a half weeks ago, I couldn't walk two miles - just over 1-1/2 took it all out of me. Before the surgery, I was capable of doing four. My latest record is 2.6 miles, done in about 50 minutes.

I've discovered that I need to pay more attention to sodium, calcium, iron, and fat intake, which is good to know.
  • dekarlo08
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks today and my pants and panties kept falling down :blushing:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks today and my pants and panties kept falling down :blushing:

If it makes you feel less embarassed, mine does all the time (whether I'm doing jumping jacks or not!) LOL
    Congrats, though!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself that even though I was super tired (my 21 month old has decided that 5:45 is a good time to wake up, instead of 7), I put in the Biggest Loser Workout DVD and did both the Low-Intenity Cardio & High-Intensity Cardio workouts (45 minutes), which I've never done before.

Another victory for me was yesterday, while walking home from taking my son to school, one of the moms stopped me and said "You look like you've really lost some weight! How much have you lost?" I was so proud to say 53 lbs. and then walk the 1/2 mile home without getting tired at all!
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my NSV today was reaching for one of the bath towels the rest of the family use and being able to fully cover myself with it rather than having to use the huge bath sheet I used to have to use :smile: . That and trying on a pair of my 14 yr old son's 36 inch waist jeans and being able to do them up without laying down (considering at my biggest I was in 44's)
  • sapmart
    Options
    I can wrestle around on the floor with my two little girls and not get winded right away and have to quit!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My NSV is losing 0.5 in off my waist since 2/9/11 and 0.5in off my hips since 2/9/11. I don't have a weight loss but I'm happy with the loss of inches. :)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    NSV's- thanks for introducing this topic. Here are mine:
    Feeling more energetic
    Easily drinking 8 plus glasses of water per day
    Look forward to and enjoying exercising 4-6 days per week
    Clothes fit so much better and jeans are loose
    Bought a size smaller jeans last weekend
    logging my food and exercise daily for 40 plus days
    Learning to say no to extra food and unhealthy food

:happy:
  • sweeteme
    sweeteme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my 1st week:

No sodas all week - JUST WATER. This is a first ever. -- Big deal for me.

Facing GAINTS and confronting the truth
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The postman just arrived with two things I got from Ebay - a pair of UK10 leather trousers and a size M (UK12) dress.

The trousers are my goal item and I was aiming to get into them by the middle of May; I tried them on thinking I wouldn't get them past my thighs, but got them on and zipped and the button nearly does up already!

I have two options with the dress; send it back or get it altered. It's already too big! I started off last May as a UK size 16/18 so these are MAJOR NSVs for me :)
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Threw a pizza in the oven for my family - as suggested by one of my daughters, and I served it all to them and made myself 4oz of cajun tilapia, and reheated some left over steamed veggies and two small yellow potatoes - I was STUFFED and dinner came in below 400 calories.

My NSV - being at a stage where this choice was not a struggle - but a choice I made happily.
  • sabichu
    Options
    Good topic! I would have to say my NSV was having a picture of myself taken where I didnt have the camera angled to hide my fat (fat stomach, fat chin, fat cheeks). I was actually ok with a normal picture! I think poor selfimage is a huge reason for self defeat when trying to lose weight. So I was happy the camera showed some weight loss as well as me not being sickened by my own pic! I actually think I looked quite cute!

This happened to me too! Really makes you feel like you're progressing. No more holding your breath and sucking in every possible part of your body (and face, haha). Well done!
  • sabichu
    Options
    Oh and mine would have to be the inches i've lost, and dropping down 2 sizes :D And generally feeling so much fitter and healthier. I no longer want to stop working out due to feeling tired or bored, I thrive off it now. And another little thing, I like the fact that I pace myself when eating. I don't scoff like I used to. I take a good 20-30 minutes to finish a meal (which results in it getting a little cold, haha).
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trying on a pair of 14 jeans yesterday thinking they would be wayyy too small-I could button them! I didn't buy them though because I'd never be able to wash them due to shrinking!! :-) Nice feeling compared to the feeling I had when I was trying on 18 and feeling a bit tight in the waist.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I put on a pair of jeans that wasn't even close to fitting me a few weeks ago...and they snapped easily. And then I found a pair of jeans that I don't even remember having, and they fit perfectly. It was awesome.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went with our son and his wife, and our precious 2 yr old grandson to the rodeo last night. I stopped at McDonalds on the way and bought apple dippers. Then when the intermission started I ate my apple dippers will everyone else around us was eating, nachos and chesse or cotton candy. I also brought bottled water and stayed away from the soft drinks. I am starting to learn to think ahead and the things that I know will bother me, I figure out a way to eliminate them. Like the temptation to eat things I dont need. I certainly dont want to regret all of it later. I am proud of losing 46 pounds so far according to the scale, but even better than that I am proud that I am starting to make some lifestyle changes that wil continue to help me lose and be healthier all around. I also lost 2 to 3 dress sizes, and I am starting to wear dresses that I gave to my mom, and now she has given them back to me because they actually fit again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!