300 Calorie Dinner Ideas?

Options

Replies

• velvettte
    Options
    Burritos - 8 Serves of 1 burrito (300cal per serve)
    Calories
    Extra Lean Beef Steak Mince, 500 g 625
    Old El Paso - Burrito Dinner Kit, 8 burrito 1,288
    Carrots - Raw Whole Carrots, 15 " long carrot sliced 45
    Lettuce - Iceberg raw, 2 cup shredded 20
    Mild Cheddar Grated Cheese, 1 cup 440

Cook lean mince in non-stick pan, with a little water. When brown, add in seasoning from pack plus about 1cup of water, simmer on low while you prepare the other things. Shred the lettuce, grate the carrot, grate the cheese. Best presented on a serving platter that the family can all help themselves to (children love this).

Once the mince has reduced, put in another bowl and warm the tortillas in the microwave for 40secs. Put salsa in a bowl and voila. Just add ingredients and roll up... .healthy, yummy, child friendly, quick, easy 300cals per serve dinner!

(This is my standard tuesdaynight dinner when we have NO time).
  • What is bump? I'm new:P
  • kimeister
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I tried this with Quorn vegetarian chicken and it came out fab.
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I got this wonderful cook book called "Hungry Girl 200 under 200" It has 200 recipes under 200 calories. You would have to double or more to feed a family, but it has all different meals: breakfast, snacks, lunches, dinners, appitizers and even desserts. It was worth buying.
  • scrappygirl123
    Options
    Bump for later
  • BUMP :D
  • austingavin5344
    austingavin5344 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • costendorf
    Options
    I do hope everyone notices that a 300 calorie meal for most is ruining your metabolic rate. While semi-starvation would be 1/2 of your basal metabolic rate, it s still not good to go so far under your daily needs. As soon as you add calories back, you will gain back fast. The best way to keep the weight off is to decrease your intake without reducing your metabolism. This can be done by sticking to 20-25% deficits MAX. If your BMR is 2000, reduce your intake by 400 calories. Remember, if you work out, you need to feed your body even more. Don't see it as a missed opportunity for a 1000 calorie deficit, but an opportunity to increase our metabolism and make your body more efficient with fat burning. Weight loss takes time and work. If you rush it, you won't like the results. Neither will your doctor.
  • Sez1983
    Options
    My first bump!!
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Rolls:

Ingredients

12 leaves cabbage
    1 cup cooked white rice
    1 egg, beaten (or two egg whites)
    1/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1 pound extra-lean ground beef or turkey
    1 1/4 teaspoons salt
    1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar (use splenda to cut a few more calories)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions
    Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes in a large pot of water and drain.
    In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.
    In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
    Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours.
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 88mg

Pair w/a dinner salad and free dressing to come in safely under 300

I like anything I can throw together in a crock pot and have ready when I get home from work :)
  • johnnya2
    Options
    http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishentreerecipes/r/mushroomfajitas.htm

Great recipe. Two of the fajitas are 302 calories, but this includes sour cream. I generally have three for my dinner and use salsa instead of sour cream anyway. Sometimes I will also use tofu for more protein
  • reinergirl
    Options
    all of these recipes sound great!! :)
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I work long hours and want to be able to cook a healthy quick meal for my family that is under 300 calories. Does anyone have any ideas?

http://www.eatingwell.com/blogs/diet/_300-calorie-dinners-whittle-middle

Love this website I use it all the time!
  • em_lou007
    Options
    I do hope everyone notices that a 300 calorie meal for most is ruining your metabolic rate. While semi-starvation would be 1/2 of your basal metabolic rate, it s still not good to go so far under your daily needs. As soon as you add calories back, you will gain back fast. The best way to keep the weight off is to decrease your intake without reducing your metabolism. This can be done by sticking to 20-25% deficits MAX. If your BMR is 2000, reduce your intake by 400 calories. Remember, if you work out, you need to feed your body even more. Don't see it as a missed opportunity for a 1000 calorie deficit, but an opportunity to increase our metabolism and make your body more efficient with fat burning. Weight loss takes time and work. If you rush it, you won't like the results. Neither will your doctor.

Thanks for the advice....sometimes though when you've planned 2 out of your 3 meals sometimes you only have 300-500 cals left and if you want snacks.....well!........ :smile: you do need something good for those cals!!

BTW - BUMP (my first ever 1 :drinker: )
  • zcosborne86
    Options
    Bumped for later.... great ideas for dinner!!!!

Thanks all!:happy:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Lots of times I just pick up a rotisserie chicken and fix a bag of broccoli and maybe some squash or some other vegetable. The only real calories I have to contend with are those in the chicken. The veggies are almost free. Easy and low cal.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :)
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Rolls:

Ingredients

12 leaves cabbage
    1 cup cooked white rice
    1 egg, beaten (or two egg whites)
    1/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1 pound extra-lean ground beef or turkey
    1 1/4 teaspoons salt
    1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar (use splenda to cut a few more calories)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions
    Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes in a large pot of water and drain.
    In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.
    In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
    Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours.
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 88mg

Pair w/a dinner salad and free dressing to come in safely under 300

I like anything I can throw together in a crock pot and have ready when I get home from work :)

Forgot to mention that a serving is 2 rolls.