I realize that if I want to see myself
    as I really am, I cannot stand in my own
    shadow.
    :~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Have a good weekend everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Trotty2004
    Trotty2004 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA for a while on this board. Here's my update. I've taken up running again and am almost at the point where I enjoy it!!

I am down 17lbs with 33 to go fo this challenge!!! That's 34%. I am starting to actually believe I can do this.

1/1/2011 258.5
    1/8/2011 256
    1/15/2011 254
    1/22/2011 251
    1/29/2011 249
    2/5/2011 247
    2/12/2011 245
    2/20/2011 241.5
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    sw: 231.0
    2nd wk: 228.6 -2.4lbs
    3rd wk: 228.8 +0.2lbs
    4th wk: 224.4 -4.4lbs
    5th wk: 222lbs -2.4lbs
    6th wk: 218.8lbs -3.2lbs
    7th wk: 220.6lbs + 1.8lbs
    Current: 222.0 +1.4lbs

Yes I've realized I haven't been following my meal plan but that's now changed. Back on track now!:smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I have been having alot of trouble making myself exercise. So today I made my family go on a walk on the american river bike trail. It was nice and good family time and I got in my exercise. We ended up walking a little over 5 miles. Maybe I should start having them do it with me more often. LOL. So I got in 140 mins of exercise today. YEAH

What do you ladies do to make yourself exercise when you really dont want to ?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I have been having alot of trouble making myself exercise. So today I made my family go on a walk on the american river bike trail. It was nice and good family time and I got in my exercise. We ended up walking a little over 5 miles. Maybe I should start having them do it with me more often. LOL. So I got in 140 mins of exercise today. YEAH

What do you ladies do to make yourself exercise when you really dont want to ?

I tell myself It's what I do. I just do it. I know it is lame but I do 30 min or more of exercise each and every day. It is what I do. See below link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125873--it-s-what-i-do?hl=it's+what+I+do#posts-1710510

Hopes it help!:flowerforyou:
  • julieoem
    julieoem Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I put stickers on my calendar after I exercise each day!! It sounds corny, but for me it is really reinforcing to see all those stars on all the boxes of my calendar each time I look at it. I also make a small notation of what I did to earn the star. I am just using the old fashioned stars that come in a package with 5 colors! Each month is a different color so there is some uniformity when you look at it...but you could use any kind of sitcker...there are TONS of them out there!!!
    So for anyone having trouble exercising... try it! I LOVE it, and it is so rewarding to put another one on!!!
    Good luck!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I put stickers on my calendar after I exercise each day!! It sounds corny, but for me it is really reinforcing to see all those stars on all the boxes of my calendar each time I look at it. I also make a small notation of what I did to earn the star. I am just using the old fashioned stars that come in a package with 5 colors! Each month is a different color so there is some uniformity when you look at it...but you could use any kind of sitcker...there are TONS of them out there!!!
    So for anyone having trouble exercising... try it! I LOVE it, and it is so rewarding to put another one on!!!
    Good luck!!!

HAHA!! Julie, I am so glad to know it is not only me. I use smiey faces for workouts. I use to note what I do but know that exercise is a regular routine for me the smiley face stickers suffice. I use smalls for when I do Leslie Sansone DVD;'s at home and I use large smiley faces for the days I go to the healthclub. I love seeing my progress when I get up in the morning. It makes me get on out of bad to do another to earn that smiley face! :happy: It does work indeed! We can be such kids at heart but whatever gets us to our goals.

Keep up the good work!:bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello

Do any of you eat Quinoa? If so where do you find it in the stores? By noodles and rice? I know I have seen it and now that I am looking for it, I can't find it. I still have to hit the larger stores. The knock off or discount groceries do not carry it.

Also if you eat Quinoa, do you have any good receipes for it? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Have a wonderful day all!
  • Jewels1296
    Jewels1296 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone I have not posted my weight in. I am in the process of moving this week so my scale is MIA somewhere plus I have no internet as of yet. Hope everyone is doing great! Back to the endless task of unpacking....wonder how many calories that burns lol
  • julieoem
    julieoem Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I found Quinoa with all the other grains..rice/pasta and bean isle in my local grocery store. You can always go to the customer service desk and ask...they will tell you! Check out places like the FoodNetwork, type in Quinoa and it will give you ideas. Other food web sites will do the same thing...I am just drawing a blank for ideas...:flowerforyou:

It is too funny...we are such kids at heart...stickers say it all!! Imagine what our kids used to (or still do if your have little children) when they got a whole sheet of them!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just love looking at my red stars every time I check something out on the calendar...and that is usually multiple times a day! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Anyone out there having a hard time getting motivated to exercise...I would pick up a package of "favorite" stickers the next time you go out...and USE THEM!!!! See what you think after a few weeks of excercise...seeing your stickers so prominently displayed!!!

Good luck to everyone!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    SHORTER VERSION OR THE MEAT OF IT. I thought the whole newsletter was awesome but I know many have a time issue or don't like reading long posts.
    You Don't Have to Be Perfect to Lose Weight
    By Katie Jay, MSW, Certified Life Coach

To banish your perfectionism, and the all-or-nothing attitude it burdens you with, try these three tips:

1) Allow yourself to make mistakes so you can learn.
    When you feel anxious or sad for having done something imperfect, switch from the self-critical "giving-up mode" to "learning mode." Instead of berating yourself the way JoAnn did, ask yourself: "What can I learn from this mistake and what can I do differently right now?"

2) Be realistic.
    Making one mistake does not mean you are *always* making mistakes. When you start to feel like you're a hopeless case, ask yourself: "Is that really true? Realistically, what else can I do?"

3) Lower your standards.
    Practice making a few mistakes on purpose. Then, practice doing a few tasks less thoroughly than you would have in the past. As you practice you will develop a tolerance for imperfection. And remember, practice makes ... well, maybe not.

You Don't Have to Be Perfect to Lose Weight. Let's say you do what you need to do to lose weight and keep it off 90 percent of the time. You'll probably do pretty well. Why don't you give it a try and find out. It sure beats ZERO percent of the time, doesn't it?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    You Don't Have to Be Perfect to Lose Weight
    By Katie Jay, MSW, Certified Life Coach

Have you tried the Seafood Diet? Actually, it's spelled "See-Food." So many of us have tried it. You know the one. You "see food," and you eat it. One of my coaching clients, JoAnn, went on that diet last weekend. She ate anything she saw that looked good to her -- at home (white toast with butter, a handful of chocolate chips, crackers), at a gas station (trail mix), and at a friend's house (chips and dip, corn bread) -- and she was heartbroken about it. Why Did She Do It? Said JoAnn, "I'd like to blame it on my hormones, or on the fact that my life is stressful. I could blame it on my frustrating food addiction, or maybe even on depression. But, honestly, I don't know what made me do it.

And if I don't know the cause, I can't fix the problem." Her unspoken message to herself was: "I will keep making poor food choices until I find out why I do this to myself." It almost sounded like JoAnn had made a decision to stay on the "See-Food Diet" indefinitely.

But "Why" Only Matters if You're Perfect In a perfect world, knowing the root cause of her grazing would be helpful, but today JoAnn doesn't know the root cause. So, that's not information that will get JoAnn back on track right now -- and now is her moment. It's all she's got.

JoAnn's Perfectionism Is in her Way When you go on the "See-Food Diet" it's easy to tell yourself, "Now that I've blown it, I might as well keep eating." JoAnn basically decided if she wasn't going to follow her plan exactly, she was a failure -- and she planned to act accordingly. JoAnn was being so unreasonable in her expectations of herself it's no wonder she felt doomed.

Imperfection Happens I'm sure many go on the "See-Food Diet" from time to time. Life happens. But, you can't stay on that diet. And the longer you put off getting back on track, the more damage you will do to your body, mind, and spirit.

To banish your perfectionism, and the all-or-nothing attitude it burdens you with, try these three tips:

1) Allow yourself to make mistakes so you can learn.
    When you feel anxious or sad for having done something imperfect, switch from the self-critical "giving-up mode" to "learning mode." Instead of berating yourself the way JoAnn did, ask yourself: "What can I learn from this mistake and what can I do differently right now?"

2) Be realistic.
    Making one mistake does not mean you are *always* making mistakes. When you start to feel like you're a hopeless case, ask yourself: "Is that really true? Realistically, what else can I do?"

3) Lower your standards.
    Practice making a few mistakes on purpose. Then, practice doing a few tasks less thoroughly than you would have in the past. As you practice you will develop a tolerance for imperfection. And remember, practice makes ... well, maybe not.

You Don't Have to Be Perfect to Lose Weight. Let's say you do what you need to do to lose weight and keep it off 90 percent of the time. You'll probably do pretty well. Why don't you give it a try and find out. It sure beats ZERO percent of the time, doesn't it?
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Out of town again this weekend! Last time for awhile I hope. Posting early again.....

Start 245....today 226, lost 1.5 this week. Good luck to everybody!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ~ STARTING OVER ~:flowerforyou:

Vitality shows not only in the ability
    to persist, but in the ability to start
    over.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will remember that I can start afresh
    any time I like, and don't need to feel
    as if I have failed.

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I found Quinoa with all the other grains..rice/pasta and bean isle in my local grocery store. You can always go to the customer service desk and ask...they will tell you! Check out places like the FoodNetwork, type in Quinoa and it will give you ideas. Other food web sites will do the same thing...I am just drawing a blank for ideas...:flowerforyou:

It is too funny...we are such kids at heart...stickers say it all!! Imagine what our kids used to (or still do if your have little children) when they got a whole sheet of them!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just love looking at my red stars every time I check something out on the calendar...and that is usually multiple times a day! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Anyone out there having a hard time getting motivated to exercise...I would pick up a package of "favorite" stickers the next time you go out...and USE THEM!!!! See what you think after a few weeks of excercise...seeing your stickers so prominently displayed!!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Thanks Julie!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    YEAH I am in ONDERLAND finally............weighed in at 197.8 this week

thanks for all your motivation and encouragement, it really paid off. Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today - Feb 26th I am - - - 241.4
    On Feb 19th, 2011 - - - 238.4
    On Feb 12th, 2011 - - -238.6
    On Feb 5th, 2011 - - - 242.6
    On Jan 29, 2011 - - -245.4
    On Jan 22, 2011 - - - 246.8
    On Jan 15, 2011 - - - 247.8
    On Jan 9, 2011 - - - 248.4.
    On Jan 2, 2011 - - - 253.4

Didn't see this one coming. But I will just have to work harder next week and get the train moving again. Definitely not embarrassed to have gained weight its just another bump in the road in my fitness journey. I am on Day 40 something of P90X and loving it. I go and walk trails every weekend with the family and love it. Going to the Zoo today to go wrestle with my favorite animal the Lion.

Have a Blessed Weekend!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    SW 246
    CW 224

That's 22 lbs down and 23 lbs to go! Half way baby!
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Here are my stats for the week:

Screen Name: 2Young4This
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 157.8
    8th Jan 2011: 157.2
    15th Jan 2011: 153.6
    22nd Jan 2011: 151
    29th Jan 2011: 151
    5th Feb 2011: 148.2
    12th Feb 2011: 148.4
    19th Feb 2011: 146.4
    26th Feb 2011: 147.6
    Lost in this challenge: 10.2
    Goal by Jul 1st, 2011: 119 (28.6 to go)

I think this is what you call a plateau!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    YEAH I am in ONDERLAND finally............weighed in at 197.8 this week

thanks for all your motivation and encouragement, it really paid off. Hope everyone has a good weekend

Whooohoooo!!! Congrats!!