30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• paigemang♥
    Options
    I have to get a scale...I have no clue what my weight is....I am actually afraid to check. I am battling a thyroid issue and will see my dr. wednesday of next week so hopefully I can get a little help shedding these pounds.

I will weigh myself tonight at the gym and post tomorrow.

I went up and down the stairs at work yesterday and will continue today :)

SW: 139
    (30day challenege SW)CW: 136
    GW: 120
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!

30-day challenge SW: 240.1
    30-day challenge CW: 236
    30-day challenge GW: 232
    Down 4.1lbs

SInce joining MFP, Tuesdays are turning out to be my favorite day!! :wink: :happy:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I got some great motivation this morning. After stepping on the scale and seeing another drop since yesterday, I decided to try on a pair of size 12 pants. THEY FIT and NO MUFFIN TOP! I am feeling so motivated this morning.

That is fabulous!! I can't wait to try on these one pants in my closet, they are so cute but give me such a muffin top, yay to no muffin top!!

I am also looking forward to the ways everyone is sneaking in exercise! Thank you for doing the weights, our total loss is so awesome to see, how wonderful!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss everyone!!! I am trying not to weigh myself everyday but it's hard, I weighed again this morning because I had swollen ankles yesterday and I'm down another pound :) So happy!

Does anyone here have a healthy meatloaf recipe? My fiance wants me to make meatloaf but I've never even made it before and I want it to be at least somewhat healthy!
  • b_hobbs
    b_hobbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this challenge!

This is my day 2, so I will begin weigh-ins next Monday.

SW 210
    CW 210
    Mini Goal 200 3/14 (current challenge)
    Mini Goal 190 4/14
    Mini Goal 180 5/14
    Mini Goal 170 6/14
    Mini Goal 160 7/14
    GW - 150

~ Becky
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I missed the daily challenges over the weekend, but I do want to define some longer-term goals.

Ultimately, I want to get down to 120 lb (-35 lb), but I don't really have a time frame in which I want to accomplish this. Conservatively, I guess I would say in 7 months I would like to be that weight (that would be mid-September). A slightly shorter-term goal, I would like to weigh 140 lb by 5/14, which is the date of my graduation from medical school. I would like to be under that, actually, but I don't really want to set myself up to be disappointed and get discouraged. I think these are doable with hard work and dedication.

As far as clothes go, I would like to be able to wear a size 4 again... I liked the way I looked when I wore that size, but I really don't know if that's realistic anymore (I think the last time I could wear a size 4 I was 19 or 20, which is 6-7 years ago). That's going to be a dream goal, I guess, but hopefully I can get there!

Also, I measured myself at about day 3 of this challenge. I'm going to try to hold off measuring again until the end of the challenge because that way I think I'll be happier when I see a more significant change.
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    HELLO all! Todays challenge was really fun as I was in the car for the most of the day. So my son and I danced in our seats! That always makes the journey so much more enjoyable. I did have fast food though. SO I wasnt completely good. BUT I will be extra good from now on because I feel like a pot-o-grease now. nasty.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Welcome Becky to the challenge!!

I guess you could say I "snuck" in some exercise today by doing the xbox Fitness Evolved game on the Kinect while Jordan watched a movie, it was better than just sitting on the couch though! And I'm gonna sneak some in tonight while he takes his bath!

I made this recipe today for meatloaf, and my fiance said it's the best he's ever had, no joke, it was amazing!! Thank you Olivia for the link!!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001924732

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon butter
    * 2 cups chopped onion
    * 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
    * 3 garlic cloves, chopped
    * 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    * 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    * 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    * 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
    * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
    * 1 large egg, lightly beaten
    * Cooking spray
    * 1/2 cup ketchup
    * 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    * 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
    * 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
    2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
    3. Combine mushroom mixture, panko, and next 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir well to combine. Shape turkey mixture into a 9 x 5–inch rectangle on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
    4. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of meat loaf; bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    Fat:
    3.7g (sat 1.6g,mono 1g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein:
    23.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    15g
    Fiber:
    1.2g
    Cholesterol:
    69mg
    Iron:
    1.3mg
    Sodium:
    405mg
    Calcium:
    30mg
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    43 minutes/2.4 miles/3.3mph--went 3 blocks farther before I turned around. I finally found a good route that is reasonably level, has a safe shoulder to walk on, and that I can easily figure my distance with Google Maps. Best of all, the sun came out again while I was walking, and it SNOWED on me!

My hope is that, with the length of time it will take me to meet my weight goal, my healthy eating will have become a habit, so I'll be able to maintain my desired weight.

One thing about eating non-processed foods is that keeping sodium below 1500mg is not hard at all.

We'll see if the GERD, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and insulin resistance go away as the weight comes off.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Welcome Becky to the challenge!!

I guess you could say I "snuck" in some exercise today by doing the xbox Fitness Evolved game on the Kinect while Jordan watched a movie, it was better than just sitting on the couch though! And I'm gonna sneak some in tonight while he takes his bath!

I made this recipe today for meatloaf, and my fiance said it's the best he's ever had, no joke, it was amazing!! Thank you Olivia for the link!!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001924732

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon butter
    * 2 cups chopped onion
    * 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
    * 3 garlic cloves, chopped
    * 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    * 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    * 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    * 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
    * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    * 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
    * 1 large egg, lightly beaten
    * Cooking spray
    * 1/2 cup ketchup
    * 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    * 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
    * 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
    2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
    3. Combine mushroom mixture, panko, and next 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir well to combine. Shape turkey mixture into a 9 x 5–inch rectangle on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
    4. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of meat loaf; bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    Fat:
    3.7g (sat 1.6g,mono 1g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein:
    23.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    15g
    Fiber:
    1.2g
    Cholesterol:
    69mg
    Iron:
    1.3mg
    Sodium:
    405mg
    Calcium:
    30mg

sounds mega yummy. I'm going to have to try it, esp since I recommended it. Ground turkey is on my grocery list for next week and t-meatloaf is on the menu!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    exercise tracking question: I'm calling 30 day shred 20 minutes of high impact aerobics. Is that what others are calling it too?
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes it's funny because I have also been wanting to fix meatloaf but I know my old version is probably not so healthy! Thanks Jessica for sharing your recipe. Has anyone ever watched "Hungry Girl"? It's a great cooking show with all low calorie recipes. I thought I would share this one for pizza. She also did a delicious looking homestyle Macornia and Cheese that I can share later.

Low Cal Pizza
    1 chicken breast pounded flat
    1/2 canned tomatoes
    string cheese
    onion, mushrooms, green pepper (or whatever veggies you like)
    turkey pepperoni

Sautee your veggies in a skillet while in another skillet you cook your pounded chicken breast in a skillet with cooking spray. Cook approx 5-6 on each side. When chicken breast is done, top with canned tomatoes, veggies, string cheese pulled apart, and turkey pepperoni. Cover and cook another 2-3 mins until cheese is melted. Yum a good pizza recipe without out bread and all the guilt:) Comes out to just 280 calories!
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Saw my doctor today for hospital follow up and was in pain after the exam. Had to take a pain pill and take it easy tonight. So no exercise today! I did get in extra F&V and water though. Was under my calorie goal. Yeah!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    I log the 30 Day Shred at circuit training or high impact aerobics I think.....yes, Cooking Light has become my new fav website, is Hungry Girl on Netflix Angela?
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Jessica, Hungry girl is on tv but can't remember what channel because it was really late when I watched her show. I'll find out. I have been checking out her website....some really good recipes on there:)
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Angela - I can't wait to try that chicken "pizza" recipe. It sounds so good!

I'm so glad for today's challenge because I was feeling like slacking off and not doing my usual sneaking in of extra exercise, but because it was a challenge I made myself do it and I'm happy for it.

I did level 1 of 30 day shred, and my snuck in workout was 10 minutes walking up and jogging down my stairs, while my baby was taking a little extra time in her nap (she slept terribly for her dad this morning, so I reaped the rewards of a better afternoon nap). I thought the last minute of stairs was going to kill me, my heart was pounding, my legs were crying out, but I stuck with it and made it the full 10. I'm supposed to workout with my neighbor now. I know it's going to be hard, but it'll only be 25 minutes - I can do it! And then I can reward myself with a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. It'll taste so good after that workout.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Oh and on the chicken pizza recipe, you can add whatever spices you like to the canned tomatoes to make it more italian and flavorful. I forgot to post that:)

How did everyone do today on sneaking in some exercise when you normally wouldn't exercise? I did the twist while folding laundry and exercised my arms with 2 lbs weights while watching the morning news. I normally don't exercise while watching tv lol but it was great! Also I ran up several flights of steps too. This is something I will continue to do. Every little extra helps and we can possibly burn several hundred calories by sneaking in exercise.

********Wednesdays Challenge**********

Find out what your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is if you don't know already. This is how many calories a day your body burns if you were to just lay around and do nothing. This is also how many calories it takes your body to survive, digest food, keep your heart beating, etc. in a day. I found this so interesting! When we are exercising, of course, we need to try and eat back some of our exercise calories. If you haven't found out yours yet, go to tools, then click BMR and fill in the info. This is why it's so important to not be going way below our calorie count for the day because our body really does need these calories.

Let's continue to drink our water and exercise every chance we get:)
  • scarlettestar
    Options

Great job Scarlette! I don't have you on my initial list. If you are ok with providing your SW on 2-14 and GW for 3-16, I'll happily add it to the list. I have set up the spreadsheet to do auto calculations, it's pretty sweet. If you're not ok with broadcasting that info, it's cool, you can just check in with # of lbs (or kgs) lost each week.

Thanks very much. I have not provided my weights because I am embarrassed, but I probably should. I believe accepting it is an important part of the journey. I would like to be added to the spreadsheet anyway :).

My start weight on 2/14: 82.1kg (181pounds)
    My goal by 3/16: 76kg (167pounds)

I now weight 80.3kg (177pounds) so that is a loss of 4 pounds so far.
  • oliviawink
    Options

Great job Scarlette! I don't have you on my initial list. If you are ok with providing your SW on 2-14 and GW for 3-16, I'll happily add it to the list. I have set up the spreadsheet to do auto calculations, it's pretty sweet. If you're not ok with broadcasting that info, it's cool, you can just check in with # of lbs (or kgs) lost each week.

Thanks very much. I have not provided my weights because I am embarrassed, but I probably should. I believe accepting it is an important part of the journey. I would like to be added to the spreadsheet anyway :).

My start weight on 2/14: 82.1kg (181pounds)
    My goal by 3/16: 76kg (167pounds)

I now weight 80.3kg (177pounds) so that is a loss of 4 pounds so far.

Good for you Scarlette! You're doing great. This is a big step to changing your ways, and we're with you every step of the way. Keep up the great work!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My sneak exercise occurred to me as I was watching TV--I can do quad sets to strengthen my knees and do arm curls to strengthen my arms.