What is the one food you can't / won't give up?

Options

Replies

• use2becaligirl
    Options
    Only one, Wow!!! I have 2 and they would be: Alcohol/ Beer and sunflower seeds
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to give up coffee creamer! Like you, I now limit myself to 2 cups a day. When I first started this journey I give up all bread for 4 months! I was seriously hooked and needed to wean myself from my addiction. Now I can have bread occasionally without losing my mind, lol!!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @wriglucy
    Wholly guacamole makes 100 calorie sack packs - it is delish!!!
    I'll have it with wasa crisps crackerbread 20cal each

enjoy your guac - I do!!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid there are a lot of things for me, haha!
    CHICKEN WINGS is a huge one! Pizza is also up there. I'm talkin authentic NY style pizza! None of that pizza hut crap! I think those are the biggest ones!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that I've "given up", I just have them as treats instead of every day foods. Those include pizza, beer, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and Kraft Dinner. I plan on living on this plan forever so I don't see any reason to hurry to a weight and to forego things that I enjoy to possibly getthere a little bit faster (assuming eating "clean" makes you lose weight faster than strictly calories in vs calories out).

This is the "method" I have used to keep myself between 12 - 15% body fat for the vast majority of my adult life.

Lots of diets work to get weight down. It is keeping weight off which is the real prize. I have tried many approaches to get down to lower levels of bf% in a shorter timeframe. I don't regret any of them (bar one - an excessively low calorie approach.) I have found for me personally nothing beats a slow and steady "diet" for longevity, piece of mind, quality of life and overall enjoyment.

What is the one food I can't / won't give up? All of it...
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't and didn't give up anything, and no one needs to. Just limit the stuff you like to treats and eat smaller portions than you did when you gained the weight.

This exactly. I haven't given anything up and I refuse to. I eat good the majority of the time and if I feel like a treat and have the calories for it, I have it.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Coffee and half & half! Life w/o it is no like at all! LOL (In my humble opinion...)
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks friends for the replies. I know I'm not alone AND learned a lot from reading your posts. I can't really say I have completely given up anything entirely but certainly make healthier choices and eat much less of everything. There are some things I just don't keep in the house anymore like ice cream (too hard to limit myself) and chocolate. When it comes down to it, I usually don't want it bad enough to get out and go get it. It was fun reading all the responses and variety. By the way, International Delights Irish Cream is my pick.
    Cathy
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated coffee.......and I know it's probably killing me because it's so lovely and wonderful, and warm....and makes me feel invincible....
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    wine.
  • cooki3s
    Options
    Chocolate. I have switched to the good quality dark chocolate though. Might as well make it as healthy as possible.

Same here. I've been eating like a square a day of either Old Cadbry Gold or Green Organics chocolate.
    Makes my choc habit less indulgent - and makes the block last longer. But ohhh.. how I lUV chocolate... :)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    i could never/would never give up peanut butter!! totally addicted to it!!!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've given up all fried foods....that was hard. But, I'm like you..I won't give up my coffee mate creamer. I do use the fat free and limit to 2 cups of coffee per day.
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone who said they don't give anything up! I just work it into the plan -- including wine and chocolate! But if there was anything, I would say real sugar and real cream in my coffee. None of that chemical "fat free" crap just because I want to lose a few pounds! But I only have that first, necessary cup in the morning. Some days I have two cups if i have the calories, but if I don't, I switch to tea in the afternoon. I like my tea black, so no extra calories there!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything, that way I'm never on a diet. :)
  • hubbardmm
    hubbardmm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    pasta :heart:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything, that way I'm never on a diet. :)

This.
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't do fat free mayo, cheese or dressings. I don't mind the reduced fat, but to me the fat free taste like @ss.
  • traciichris
    Options
    I will absolutely not give up my Sweet Tea.My Sweet Tea is a replacement for soda. I don't drink soda at all now, went from 3-4 Dr. Peppers a day to none! So know I drink Sweet Tea..Have stopped going to Sonic everyday and getting it most days I have my own but there are days. I also have cut back on the sugar I put in my tea went from 2cups/gallon to 1cup.